Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2003, 10:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default my mtx3

i have a couple of questions?i installed the rody 5 port modified but i noticed the centax flywheel rubs against the metal shield from the front bearing(im using the collect that came with the kit)is this an issue i should worry about?,also i took appart the engine and noticed some metals burrs and flashings inside of the block and crankshaft,i couldn't remove the piston nor the crankshaft,am i suppose to heat the block and then try to remove the crank how about the piston?????last but not least will the track magnets 30mm front and 35mm foams fit this car

any help will be appreciatted

thanks
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-dscn0161.jpg  
Old 04-26-2003, 12:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

i dont really know what your talking about rubbing but i dont think anything should rub maybe add a spacer behind the collet

the engine has metal shavings inside? thats not good at all and you should be able to take it apart without heating it unless your pulling bearings

and i really dont think the track magnets will fit you need 26mm fronts and 30mm rears with a 2 degree offset or the same widths but use a 1mm spacer behind the wheel hex
Old 04-26-2003, 12:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by ROBBIE C
heres my take on the tank problem when you over tightend the screws that hold the tank in place it causes the seems to seperate, please be careful when installing.
rob i asure you my tank was never tight it moves like jelly!!
Old 04-26-2003, 12:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: MTX3 Experts......

Originally posted by BOLISARIO
I'm planning on getting this car soon, like many others, and need to know a few tidbits:

Are the majority of you running the FAST tires that are made for the MTX3 or getting other brands and using the spacer for zero offset wheels? What needs adjusting(track width made wider?) or just adding a spacer will do? How do the Nitro Shoes(2 degree offset) fit and do you guys like these tires?

When using the 4mm Mugen chassis, are there any fitment problems when using the alumin deck braces or any other pieces?

Universals: Are the 3 Racing/RD Logics pieces just as good as the Mugen's? They are almost 2 times cheaper, just wondering if the, "you get what you pay for" statement holds true for these products?

Centax: Anyone running the Red shoe? Who makes them and where to get them? How about the Super Hard spring?

Droop: I noticed on the setup sheets some racers go 1 front and 8 rear? Are you using standard droop guages to set these up? 8 seems kinda high.

I have more questions, but can't think of them right now. Planning on putting the NTC3 on hiatus for now and getting a Moo-gen.

Thanks fellas.
run it as standard then add what you need!!
Old 04-26-2003, 06:38 PM
Tech Addict

is it ok to leave out the large C clip which goes onto the one way? i can't figure out how to put that on
Old 04-26-2003, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default Re: my mtx3

Originally posted by rcdubs
i have a couple of questions?i installed the rody 5 port modified but i noticed the centax flywheel rubs against the metal shield from the front bearing(im using the collect that came with the kit)is this an issue i should worry about?,also i took appart the engine and noticed some metals burrs and flashings inside of the block and crankshaft,i couldn't remove the piston nor the crankshaft,am i suppose to heat the block and then try to remove the crank how about the piston?????last but not least will the track magnets 30mm front and 35mm foams fit this car

thanks
I had the exact problem with my Rody 235. Check the front bearing on the engine, mine wasn't 100% flush with the engine and this caused the problem. You may need to bang the bearing in lightly until it sits flush and the flywheel spins ok until it gets to TDC.

You should be able to pull out the crank/piston and linear without having to heat up the engine.
Old 04-26-2003, 07:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

fire i think you know that you need to put the clip on

do you have sizzors for cutting bodies?

i didnt have snap ring pliers when i was putting it together so i used the body sizzors its not easy but you can put the sizzor ends into the clip then spread open the sizzors and pop the clip on

bolisario stay away from 3racing universals i bought them because i had broken a mugen one already and i figured that if i was going to break them anyway why not break the cheap ones right well to make a long story short the 3racing ones werent even a good deal at 1/2 price they break REALLY easily
Old 04-26-2003, 08:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Fire
is it ok to leave out the large C clip which goes onto the one way? i can't figure out how to put that on
It will be a pain in the @ss if you dont have the C-ring tool to put on the c-ring.

you need two fine point ball pen to pull the ring ears apart and put it on the slot. I do think it is not worth to buy that tool just for this purpose.

Henry did it with this method.
Old 04-26-2003, 09:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

thanks
is that a 5th body post from K-factory?
Old 04-26-2003, 09:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Fire
it took me 45 min to put that thing on the oneway and i didnt want to leave ugly scratches all over the smooth and shiny oneway...but i actually did... A quick fix would be to use the finest (1200 grade i think) sandpaper to smootheen the scratched area and use some Autosol Polish Cream to make it shine again...
Old 04-26-2003, 09:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by jason102276
and i really dont think the track magnets will fit you need 26mm fronts and 30mm rears with a 2 degree offset or the same widths but use a 1mm spacer behind the wheel hex
i've been reading the rear tyres rubbing against the rear upright...
but funny thing is, i never come across this problem, i went to the LHS, grab all the foams that i need without checking if they are 1 or 2mm offset...
but they just dont rub the upright...
Old 04-26-2003, 09:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Off Topic Question...Digital Camera

can anyone recommend a value for money digital camera ?
I've been reading about Canon's digital cameras. The PowerShot A70 looks good and is within my budget...any comments on this? Any suggestions?
Old 04-26-2003, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

thanks
y is ur switch mounted on the lower part of ur chassis?
Old 04-26-2003, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: my mtx3

Originally posted by penggoy
y is ur switch mounted on the lower part of ur chassis?
It's in the normal location. It just looks as if it's mounted low.
Old 04-26-2003, 09:47 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Off Topic Question...Digital Camera

Originally posted by RClover
can anyone recommend a value for money digital camera ?
I've been reading about Canon's digital cameras. The PowerShot A70 looks good and is within my budget...any comments on this? Any suggestions?
Fuji Film A203 is what I use.

Speaking of one-ways.. does the MTX-3 come with std gear diffs only? or a oneway? hehe..

-Troy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.