R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-10-2002, 03:43 AM   #316
Tech Master

one q chookgb ... are referring to me when you've been saying ilaybrk?

No, your negative diff gives you normal differential action when your car is not running, yes? just like your old diff that you took out, yes? the thing is that when you are not accelerating, your car should have normal diff action like with your old diff. When you are accelerating your diff will lock up adn become like a solid axle setup.
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 03:52 AM   #317
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Cool

the dynamics of how the neg diff works is not the issue the issue of getting the car to hold a tight exit speed is, i have tested the diff at 2 tracks with the same result the car is fitted with a front one way and has good entry and exit speed but with the neg diff it runs wide on exit which is due to the locking of drive which can not be adjusted unfortunately,to back this up my lap times were .5 of a second quicker at both tracks with the same car set up and identical track conditions with the standard diff.
chookgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 04:02 AM   #318
Tech Addict

I had the same problem (actually still do sometimes), but here's what I had to do. Set the front droop to 0, run the rear sway bar at 2mm, front sway bar flat. I run 35-40 shore on the rear (depending on track conditions), and 40 front. Basically, this will cause the rear to "whip around" a little when you apply power going through the center of the turn. Almost like driving a 1/8. The benefit (as compared to a solid rear) is that you can enter the corner better, then power slide the rear around, and shoot out of the corner.
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 04:10 AM   #319
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Thumbs up

cool at last some productive support,have you found that with these changes the car now gives you quicker lap times than the standard diff
chookgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 04:12 AM   #320
Tech Master

my bad... My other idea was that it had to do with droop... I just got confused by some of your post.

I think that these diffs probably won't fit b/c there are supposed to be new bulkheads in the MTX3. I wish more things would carry over .
Old 11-10-2002, 05:01 AM   #321
Tech Fanatic

Stefan, Stefan,
Relax man, why all the hostility? You don't have a NTC3 anymore, so everything will be O.K..

Patelladragger,
The only thing not "out of the box" at the Worlds was the one-way, the ring & pinion gears, the dual chamber pipe, and the sway bars. You can pick everything up at your local hobbyshop other than the gears, which I expect to be out soon. If they did anything else to the car, it was by modding stock parts.

And just for the record (Stefan, are you listening?), I have never made the statement that the NTC3 was "the best". If you read back to the first few pages of this thread you'll see that I am just as excited about this new Mugen as the rest of you. I agreee 100% with anyone that says they are all equally awesome cars.
NTC3NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 05:39 AM   #322
Tech Master

That wasn't hostility, that was bitterness . Certain cars work for some people, but sometimes it seems that the Nitro TC3 doesn't want to work for many of its drivers. I'll repeat that it has great potential, but there are too many things that have been plauging people to make it a truly viable car for some people right now.

And modded stock parts is not very "out of the box" b/c these guys have access to milling machines (course, many use dremels when their impatient )
Old 11-10-2002, 06:18 AM   #323
Tech Fanatic

Dremels where sent by God. You would have to pry my cold, dead hands form it.
NTC3NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 06:27 AM   #324
Tech Regular

Anyways, NTC3 is a good car I'm sure, everyone and there mum has one, blah, blah... moving on.

So no impressions of the car yet? A couple of you have had 2 days with the car thus far, hurry up!!!
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 07:15 AM   #325
Tech Master

Wink

I've seemed to have had a dream that never happened

Last edited by Im2lazy; 11-10-2002 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-10-2002, 07:50 AM   #326
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default Negative Diff,

guys, you can adjust the locking action of the negative diff.

First, you can put the clutch shoes in trailing or leading.
Trailing =soft engagement, leading=harder engagement

Then you can also either lighten the shoes by drilling holes in them or put short set screws in the shoes to make them heavier.

I went with leading shoes with one 3mm setscrew, which really makes a huge difference. The diff feels much more like a solid axle much sooner in the corner and I like that.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 07:58 AM   #327
Tech Adept

well, not that ive been counting, but only 21 days till i get the car!!

it kinda sucks though, cause when i go home from boarding school, in 13 days, ill know that there is an mtx-3 somewhere in my house, and that alone will kill me!!!

secondly, even though ill spend all my time looking for it.......if i find it, theres nothing i can do!! i think it would look pretty bad on my part if on hannukah my present was already built!!

the stress is killinbg me!!!

also,once i get the car, there isnt a track within 100 miles of my boarding school, so itll be a basher until i go home for brakes so i can go to my local track

anyway, moreto the point, did anybody else see my paint scheme? what do you like,what dont you like, what colors would you change?

lastly, on the mugen site, it sais power pack 650 and 730 are the rx batteries to use, the problem is, i cant find them anywhere!! will other batteries work? if so which ones?

thebody im gonna use is the volvo s60.....theres just to many damn 300m's and stratus's!!

thanks
Nytrochaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 09:14 AM   #328
Tech Elite

You can use any AAA NiMh cell.

A good place to buy those is: http://www.onlybatterypacks.com

I got the 700 mAh in my MTX2 under the tank and the easely make a 30 min main.
Old 11-10-2002, 09:16 AM   #329
Tech Elite

Default Ooops,

wrong link,
for loose cells go :

http://www.onlybatteries.com

Last edited by stefan; 11-10-2002 at 09:20 AM.
Old 11-10-2002, 09:43 AM   #330
Tech Adept

i decided my colors were a little tame,and thought id go a little more exciting with it

hows this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chaos1.jpg (52.0 KB, 242 views)
Nytrochaos is offline   Reply With Quote