R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-06-2002, 08:11 PM   #256
Tech Regular

Oh DANG, serious??? Wow ok, you're parents are loaded. Good luck with the MTX-3. I'm sure its gonna be a wicked car. I've heard only good things about it on the MugenConference. Supposedly its a very very easy car to drive, very stable, and very quick in and out of corners, in general a much improved car over the MTX-2. Anyhow, which version do you think ur gettin? /w or without motor? The MR12 looks like an awesome engine, probably gonna be more power than you can handle. Anyways, have fun. Happy Hannukah. Its not for a while though right?

Last edited by calimassive; 11-06-2002 at 08:16 PM.
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 08:16 PM   #257
Tech Adept

24 days.....not that ive been counting and since theres no way my parents are gettin me a 500 dollar kit, i figured that id get the no engine kit, and stick in my mt-12 which is still plenty of power....and use my pipe and radio gear from my mtx-2.....

but just since its a new car....its almost like an unwriten rule that i get a new body!!

ill prolly just go with the stratus 2.0 since this guy at my track nailed my car and destroyed my old stratus

and by the way....i didnt mean to come off rude or spoiled when i said that stuff about high sierra

oh by the way, Tamiya contacted my father with request for a decent looking and performing bag to transport cars and parts.

let me tell ya, this bag is SICK no more carboard boxes inside a nylon bag. this is a high quality bag, and the best part is it has velcro dividers so you can customize your bag to the size of car you have!! and its well protected.....best part......high quality inline skate wheels......it rolls!!

did i mention it looks cool

im not sure if my dad will let me, but when i go home for thanksgiving, from boarding school, i will post a pic if youd like!

Last edited by Nytrochaos; 11-06-2002 at 08:27 PM.
Nytrochaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 08:27 PM   #258
Tech Regular

no problem, you didnt come off rude or spoiled at all.
The MT12 should be fine. Good luck. Hopefully next time I go to my local track I can see a glimpse of this new car, see if the hype is justified. Let us know what you think when u get the car.

The bag youre talking about that youre dad's company is making sounds really sweet. Yeah, post a pic if u can. A good bag for youre car cannot be underestimated.
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 10:05 PM   #259
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Don't forget, we have started a pre-order on our website for the MTX-3, and our first shipment is almost all gone. If you want one, it is time to act now

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 12:28 AM   #260
Tech Master

You didn't come off as spoiled... just more previleged than me . That is hard to beleive that they would sell so few, but I guess they want to find any problems with the car before the go all out.

Why exactly do just about every time, the first shipment for a kit always has something wrong with it? I mean, they have an R&D crew that have been working with a real car for probably 4-6 months, why don't all of the problems get addressed during this period? I know its difficult to do, but I see plenty of race quality kits with complaints about the first shipment of the cars, why don't we see less of these problems?
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 12:45 AM   #261
Tech Initiate

Imitation? Or upgraded duplication?

I just checked out the specs of the MTX-3 and how the chassis is set, and it really looks like a yokomo GT-4 with hop ups added (ex. belt tensioner, sway bar and a few more) check it out! Compare the two chassis and specs, and you will find alot of things very similar!

OneWay

::Tell me what you guys think?::
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 12:58 AM   #262
Tech Master

you could really say that about every touring car excluding the nitro tc3. Some look more a like then others (*cough*reflex*cough*VoneR*cough*). After seeing how the market is right now, I don't see anything disconcerting about any relation between the two.

But which exact chassis specs are you reffering to?
Old 11-07-2002, 01:02 AM   #263
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Did you guys notice the MTX-3 uses 2mm offset? The MTX-2 had 0mm offsets. This could cause a few problems with different rims (and spacers might be needed)
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 01:10 AM   #264
Tech Master

Its hard to find the offset wheels that you want. Many campanies dont even list if their wheels are offset. This could make wheel buying an interesting affair.

I guess this is meant for those wide tires that are offset by 2mm.
Old 11-07-2002, 01:13 AM   #265
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to JordanC

By the look of the wheels Active tyres should fit straight on...... Hope so, definately my tyre of choice!
JordanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 01:16 AM   #266
Tech Master

Quote:
ill prolly just go with the stratus 2.0
Just used one at the recent Aussie titles.... It made things hard because it seems to create a lot of steering.. i.e a lot of front downforce. If you like a lot of steering, go for it. But i find the 300m a much more balanced body shell.
Old 11-07-2002, 01:50 AM   #267
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Im2lazy
Why exactly do just about every time, the first shipment for a kit always has something wrong with it? I mean, they have an R&D crew that have been working with a real car for probably 4-6 months, why don't all of the problems get addressed during this period? I know its difficult to do, but I see plenty of race quality kits with complaints about the first shipment of the cars, why don't we see less of these problems?
Teething problems... R&D may have done their work right but production and tooling department sometimes screw up.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 01:54 AM   #268
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Imitation? Or upgraded duplication?

Quote:
Originally posted by OneWay
I just checked out the specs of the MTX-3 and how the chassis is set, and it really looks like a yokomo GT-4 with hop ups added (ex. belt tensioner, sway bar and a few more) check it out! Compare the two chassis and specs, and you will find alot of things very similar!

OneWay

::Tell me what you guys think?::
Ummm, why didn't you ask the question why the GT-4 looks similar to the Serpent Impulse?
Old 11-07-2002, 01:58 AM   #269
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by jordanc
Just used one at the recent Aussie titles.... It made things hard because it seems to create a lot of steering.. i.e a lot of front downforce. If you like a lot of steering, go for it. But i find the 300m a much more balanced body shell.
I also like the 300m. I haven't tried any Stratus body yet. I'm going to try the Opel Astra V8 body...

Anyway, I believe the 300m is still illegal despite it being a 4 door sedan.

Else, use a floating type body mount to offset the high front downforce of the Stratus V2
Old 11-07-2002, 03:19 AM   #270
Tech Master

Guess i'm just being a marta..... Just like my 300M.. Besides, I need some excuse for getting ass kicked at the Aus titles