Bryan N.
Bryan N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 12:10 AM   #2552
TBR
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing4Evo
FYI:

For those of you that just bought your cars and are planning to upgrade soon be aware that the RDLogic Radio Tray support is not compatible with the new 4mm chassis from Mugen. I guess this goes for everyone that have yet tp hop up their cars too.
Thanks for the tip I had them on my shopping list for the upcoming weeks.
TBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 01:16 AM   #2553
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by tennessee
Play around with you're diff oils....

You may like using 50,000 or 100,000 wts in the front diff if you run on a tight track while using 10,000 to 30,000 wts in the rear, this may seem odd to do but try it and see how it does.....
Can you explain briefly on the logic of the different wight of the diff oil? What are the reasons of it?
darthkir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 01:48 AM   #2554
acs
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing4Evo
FYI:

For those of you that just bought your cars and are planning to upgrade soon be aware that the RDLogic Radio Tray support is not compatible with the new 4mm chassis from Mugen. I guess this goes for everyone that have yet tp hop up their cars too.
would machining 1mm from the bottom of the radio tray support help?

or is there some other problem?
acs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 01:59 AM   #2555
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

nope.... wont work Al..

If you look at the stock mount... across the bottom the mount is cut away... the RD is flat straight across....

The new chassis is only milled out for the 2 end sections of the stock mount.

You would have to cut a bit out along the bottom, and still leave the sections where the bottom screws go.
sparksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 02:53 AM   #2556
Tech Fanatic

does this radio plate support fits perfectly on the 4mm Mugen Chassis?

Last edited by RClover; 03-17-2003 at 03:00 AM.
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 03:15 AM   #2557
Tech Fanatic

had anyone tried fitting the RR SP Belt 375 on the MTX-3? do they fit?
Old 03-17-2003, 03:40 AM   #2558
Tech Adept

RClover: with minor modification it will fit. the bottom right area of the SatoSeiki support is just abit bigger than the milled out area on the chassis. but the left side is ok.

JustRC
justrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 05:44 AM   #2559
Tech Elite

Default Near of Barry lap record... only a little more of HP!.

Quote:
Originally posted by tennessee
Which blocks were you using in the rear????

What track were you at????
Used the stock rear blocks (car handled like a dream after some changes and didn't feel the need of continue tweaking on it) basically went to track for testing some mods on the engines and testing a new fuel plenty of castor and less synthetic oil (got very good results, lowered the temp of the engine at the same needle adj, so works well for me).

The track layout is very flowing, only two slow spots: a hairpin and a two consecutive 180 turns (to the first you'll arrive with the 2nd engaged and some braking is needed at the same that enters to the turn, after this a chicane in front of the rostrum. Backstraight is preceded to a >180 where you can pull heavily throttle to attach the more of 190Ft at full throttle.

Barry last summer broke the track record scoring a 20,05 seconds, Saturday, some we were at less than half second of this record, presumably on the nationals that helds my track this record should be equalled or lowered.

Will try to find a photo of the layout.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 06:06 AM   #2560
Tech Elite

Default Re: Near of Barry lap record... only a little more of HP!.

Found it!:

This is a collage of photos showing the general layout of my local track seen from the drivers rostrum.

At the 11:00 position you have the end of the backstraight and the turn (you can arrive to the end of backstraight at >90Km/h easily), after this has a 180 turn to the left. In front of the rostrum you have the two 180 consecutive turns and go for the main chicane (beware, if you doubt at the time of attacking it, probably you'll slam the metal wall that separates the track from boxes).

Very flowing track, easy to drive on it, but easy too about losing time if you do 'weird things'. Very good grip (is very unusual to put less than 40's on your car).
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 01:00 PM   #2561
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to ROBBIE C Send a message via Yahoo to ROBBIE C

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
The oil/grease weight in the diffs is really a personla preference thing. Some people with 1:8th background prefer heavier or solid whereas people with more electric background will prefer looser diffs.

I personally come from a 1:8th background and prefer solid axles to diffs even on twisty tracks. Due to our rules however, we have to have all wheels braking so I run solid axles front and rear as a diff wont work in the front with a rear solid axle.

As for lack of grip on different surfaces, I compensate the loss through the shocks and anti-roll bars which seems to work best for my no brakes driving style.
Couldn't of said it better, I come from electric the lighter the diff the smoother it is on acceleration, and more rear bite. The different rear diffs are drivers preference. I tried the heaveir diff last week and found it to be better, better acceleration on high bite tract.
ROBBIE C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 01:34 PM   #2562
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile mtx3

yea robbie !
isuzuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 07:46 PM   #2563
Tech Fanatic

Just received my parcel moments ago from HK Harmony Model Co, thanks Manticore! Their service is fast and great most importantly, cheaper than anybody! Cant imagine the postal cost if were to order from RCmodel! Its Heaven & Earth!!!

I got the following:

1. Sato Seiki Alu. Anti-roll bar mount (Front)
2. Sato Seiki Alu. Center Shaft mount
3. Sato Seiki Alu. Radio Plate Support
4. Kawahara Alu. Engine Brace
5. Mugen Alu. Hex Drive Hubs
7. Mugen 4mm Chassis
8. Mugen Teflon Brake Pads
9. Mugen CVD front
10. Mugen Alu. Engine Mount
11. Mugen Light weight centrifugal shoes

The sato radio plate support is a little tight on the right when trying to fit on the 4mm mugen chassis....but a little filing around the inner edges to provide the smooth rounding will do the perfect fit and tight! So no worries if the right side screw is lost!

gotta start building my kit now and see ya'
Old 03-17-2003, 08:27 PM   #2564
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by RClover
Just received my parcel moments ago from HK Harmony Model Co, thanks Manticore! Their service is fast and great most importantly, cheaper than anybody! Cant imagine the postal cost if were to order from RCmodel! Its Heaven & Earth!!!

I got the following:

1. Sato Seiki Alu. Anti-roll bar mount (Front)
2. Sato Seiki Alu. Center Shaft mount
3. Sato Seiki Alu. Radio Plate Support
4. Kawahara Alu. Engine Brace
5. Mugen Alu. Hex Drive Hubs
7. Mugen 4mm Chassis
8. Mugen Teflon Brake Pads
9. Mugen CVD front
10. Mugen Alu. Engine Mount
11. Mugen Light weight centrifugal shoes

The sato radio plate support is a little tight on the right when trying to fit on the 4mm mugen chassis....but a little filing around the inner edges to provide the smooth rounding will do the perfect fit and tight! So no worries if the right side screw is lost!

gotta start building my kit now and see ya'

How to order? I checked their website but the link is not working.

Are you in Hong Kong? Do thery entertain overseas order?
darthkir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 09:12 PM   #2565
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by darthkir
How to order? I checked their website but the link is not working.

Are you in Hong Kong? Do thery entertain overseas order?
they ship just about anywhere, where are you?
Send them an email and check with Mr Lam.
You can pay by PayPal Or Demand Draft (drawn in HK) send via Registered Post.
Email: [email protected]

I used Demand Draft via registered post.