R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-13-2003, 11:38 AM   #2491
Tech Fanatic

thank you robbie c i thought i maight be the only person who wrecked anymore

i believe you when you say the mtx3 is stronger i raced a few times before i broke anything in fact i broke 2 or 3 front wheels before i ever broke an upright

but like i said i modded my bumper and it wasnt a good idea

i am going to put the wide bumper and a new foam piece back on before i run again

modellor i hear what your saying but the problem wasnt my driving really

its true i hit the board and it was my fault but our track here is very tight and technical and to boot some of the boards need to be fixed

my problem was everytime i touched a wall i broke one sometimes without anything else on the car being harmed

i have gotten one good idea of how to fix them from my friend eric (robbiec you know who i am talking about) the parts have been ordered and with some luck it will all be straightened out by the weekend

i was doing my break-in on a new engine and i shouldnt have been but i was running without body and if you look at the front of my car the bumper wasnt protecting the uprights at all

it was my fault i always knew it was

i was trying to get other peoples ideas on how to fix it before i bought the parts

but most all responces were that i needed to drive better

i drive just fine i am not a newbie ive been racing for 2 years and i am one of the cleanest drivers in my area honestly

i am in fact the winner of that tracks last point series against some of the best guys from my area including eric

and robbiec i will have to check my dual rate i remember turning it up that day
jason102276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 11:59 AM   #2492
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to ROBBIE C Send a message via Yahoo to ROBBIE C

Quote:
Originally posted by jason102276

i believe you when you say the mtx3 is stronger i raced a few times before i broke anything in fact i broke 2 or 3 front wheels before i ever broke an upright

i am going to put the wide bumper and a new foam piece back on before i run again

its true i hit the board and it was my fault but our track here is very tight and technical and to boot some of the boards need to be fixed

my problem was everytime i touched a wall i broke one sometimes without anything else on the car being harmed

i have gotten one good idea of how to fix them from my friend eric (robbiec you know who i am talking about) the parts have been ordered and with some luck it will all be straightened out by the weekend

i was doing my break-in on a new engine and i shouldnt have been but i was running without body and if you look at the front of my car the bumper wasnt protecting the uprights at all

i was trying to get other peoples ideas on how to fix it before i bought the parts

i drive just fine i am not a newbie ive been racing for 2 years and i am one of the cleanest drivers in my area honestly

i am in fact the winner of that tracks last point series against some of the best guys from my area including eric

Cool hope it works out for you, and I don't think anyone thinks of you as a bad driver, we all have had something that broke due to human error. I like your honesty.
ROBBIE C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 12:06 PM   #2493
Tech Fanatic

it should eric does know his stuff

he had a similiar breakage and fixed it that way

and he even told the guy at the LHS to order them so as long as their order gets to them before the weekend im good to go

then i can practice some more

CANT WAIT TILL APRIL
Old 03-13-2003, 12:10 PM   #2494
Tech Elite

Default Re: Universals

Quote:
Originally posted by timmugen
You guys that are breaking universals if you don't hit S--T they wont break end of story!!!!!
If I say that I've snapped a dogbone during a final (lost the one-way outdrive) and won the final ending on 3WD with the second at only one lap? (And I assure you that I don't hit boards).
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 12:49 PM   #2495
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Universals

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
If I say that I've snapped a dogbone during a final (lost the one-way outdrive) and won the final ending on 3WD with the second at only one lap? (And I assure you that I don't hit boards).
Come on be nice.

friends don't let friends drive broken cars. LO! LO! LO!
Old 03-13-2003, 12:59 PM   #2496
Tech Fanatic

Old 03-13-2003, 01:15 PM   #2497
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman

Quote:

Jason one more thing make sure your servo saver it not set too loose, this would let the steering move more when you TOUCH the boads. (notice i did not say hit!!)
Old 03-13-2003, 01:32 PM   #2498
Tech Fanatic

thank you i will check that also i may have it set stiffer than i need to especially considering i am using an aluminum servo arm

positive feedback is always appreciated

i will hopefully have the problem squashed by this weekend and get some practice in

for now though i am keeping my primary idea to myself untill i prove it works
Old 03-13-2003, 02:09 PM   #2499
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Universals

Quote:
Originally posted by ROBBIE C
Come on be nice.

friends don't let friends drive broken cars. LO! LO! LO!
It's true.... breaking a dogbone on the minute 27 and by a fraction of second thinkered about retiring, but tried to survive those three final minutes and went good.

Probably my dogbone breaking was some related with some takeoff after slight jumps that I made full WOT, but the result is that I broke the dogbone several tanks after.

Next day after the race, after a complete dismantle of the car, installed a new one-way outdrive and a new dogbone
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 03:01 PM   #2500
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by ROBBIE C
Cool hope it works out for you, and I don't think anyone thinks of you as a bad driver, we all have had something that broke due to human error. I like your honesty.
I agree with this statement. If any guy ever tells you he can run over 100laps every weekend 52wks per year without hitting anything he is either a robot or lying through his teeth.

I still hit the outside wall or catch the curbs a few times through a week end and I've been racing for 16yrs.

But i've been lucky that I havent broke a hub, wishbone or dogbone/universal on my Yokomo yet in 3 years.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 03:33 PM   #2501
Tech Fanatic

i had a feeling i wasnt the only person with a mtx-3 on rctech that has had and will continue to have accidents

i usually clip the inside of the turn when i do hit something almost always hit walls with the right front

at the end of the season i will probably have a whole bunch of unused left uprights

our track here is very tight and if you dont get close to the wall youll never keep up
Old 03-13-2003, 04:26 PM   #2502
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman

ok i have studied my car and i know why you are breaking the shafts

if you turn the wheels hard into lock by hand not radio. you overridr the servo saver and when you turn the wheel the cv goes very tight. i suspect when you clip the curb or board the steering is doing this and as the wheels is turning the shaft is snaping.

maybe we should look at some form of steering lock stop as schumacher use on the mission/fusion!
Old 03-13-2003, 05:32 PM   #2503
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Cartman
ok i have studied my car and i know why you are breaking the shafts

if you turn the wheels hard into lock by hand not radio. you overridr the servo saver and when you turn the wheel the cv goes very tight. i suspect when you clip the curb or board the steering is doing this and as the wheels is turning the shaft is snaping.

maybe we should look at some form of steering lock stop as schumacher use on the mission/fusion!
This is very true, I'm sure we all can learn from each other, here's a solution maybe this will help, I turned my dual rate down to 100 and I also use the airtronics servo plastic horn with minimun tention aplied to the servo saver. Hope this helps
Old 03-13-2003, 07:20 PM   #2504
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger

Quote:
you really think so

i mean so far youve been 100% right

where can i find one for free you can work a miracle for me again right
jason by chance are you breaking a lot of the 3 racing universals?
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 09:35 PM   #2505
TBR
Tech Regular

I have to agree I richened my car up a lot and drove it for a few tanks then leaned it out and improved my driving a lot I only whish I had done it from the start it could have saved a load of $$$$
TBR is offline   Reply With Quote