R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-24-2003, 01:17 PM   #2296
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to rbgti
Default MTX3 vs RR

I notice many of you have both the RR and a MTX3, what are your impressions so far? Which of the two has better suspension geometry/handles better?

And does a RR with a MTX3 rear end out handle both cars?
rbgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 02:48 PM   #2297
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Bryan N.

It's ok Kevin, everyone with a MTX-3 was traction rolling yesturday.
Bryan N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 03:52 PM   #2298
Tech Adept

Light weight adaptor combo, Light weight brake disc and light weight fly wheel are in stock!
Added a few more special items! Check them out! Limited quantities!

Thanks

JustRC
justrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 12:11 AM   #2299
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Rocket Ronbo
Default traction rolling?

Well my car was not traction rolling at revelation on sunday (it is a mtx3) but i was running a locked rear axle and 45 front tires and 42 rear.

Ron
Rocket Ronbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 12:13 AM   #2300
Tech Elite

Default Re: traction rolling?

Quote:
Originally posted by Rocket Ronbo
Well my car was not traction rolling at revelation on sunday (it is a mtx3) but i was running a locked rear axle and 45 front tires and 42 rear.

Ron
Yeah but you da man Ron! Mind clueing us in to your other setup tips? Heehee...
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 12:33 AM   #2301
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Bryan N.

Hey Ron, is the "locked rear axle" a solid axle? If so where did you get it from? I'm also curious on what setup you used? How was the Losi Alfa body? I'm the guy with the long hair that said "thanks for leaving me" at the end of the race.

Are you going to be out at the Silver State race? Last time I saw you at an off road track was at Extreme when they raced Saturday nights. I was with the Monise's.

Kevin, when are you going to be at Elite? I want to give you a body and talk to you on colors and designs. Thanks.
Bryan N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 12:43 AM   #2302
Tech Elite

Soon Bryan, I'm going to need some more Stratus'.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:44 AM   #2303
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to ROBBIE C Send a message via Yahoo to ROBBIE C
Default Re: what race

Quote:
Originally posted by isuzuguy
way to go robbie and tim !! thks 4 to play by play robbie
will you guy be posting your and kenji set-ups on your site ?
Check out the Mugen Racing site setups should be posted there, what was realy cool to know was that Kenji keeps eveything simple, nothing special on his car.
ROBBIE C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 09:48 AM   #2304
Tech Master

Default Re: need help

Quote:
Originally posted by dc2
I need help MTX-3 peeps...can you give me the part # for the stock REX pipe that comes with the kit. I need to replace mine.

thanks! and sorry for the kind of OT inquiry.

NOV52624
Old 02-25-2003, 09:58 AM   #2305
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chassis

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10
I could feel that also, I think it is something to do with the rear upper camber link, or rear upper arm. the rear hub does move from front to back, compare with the VoneR it uses a solid upper arm! I am trying to figure out a way to secure the rear upper arm and yet not blinding it! I see an image in this thread someone uses VoneRR rear floating mount on MTX3, it looks good but couldnt see details on the front side of the floating mount, I guess I want to see how he mount the rear upper arm from VoneRR so it doesnt move!
Traction rolling problems; here's things that might help solve this problem, try taking camber out of front tires, run 45 shore tires front to rear, move all caster clip to front of arms, run front swaybar at it stiffest point, and lower ther car front 3mm rear 4mm also try running the (C ack). These are the things I do when I have traction rolling problems.
Old 02-25-2003, 10:02 AM   #2306
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chassis

Quote:
Originally posted by ROBBIE C
Traction rolling problems; here's things that might help solve this problem, try taking camber out of front tires, run 45 shore tires front to rear, move all caster clip to front of arms, run front swaybar at it stiffest point, and lower ther car front 3mm rear 4mm also try running the (C ack). These are the things I do when I have traction rolling problems.
Thanks Robbie. Francis M. and I were talking yesterday, and we were thinking along the same lines. I don't think I could drive Rossetti's locked axle setup comfortably, but I still might try it. Rain go away so I can go drive!
Old 02-25-2003, 10:04 AM   #2307
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Bryan N.
Hey Ron, is the "locked rear axle" a solid axle? If so where did you get it from? I'm also curious on what setup you used? How was the Losi Alfa body? I'm the guy with the long hair that said "thanks for leaving me" at the end of the race.

Are you going to be out at the Silver State race? Last time I saw you at an off road track was at Extreme when they raced Saturday nights. I was with the Monise's.

Kevin, when are you going to be at Elite? I want to give you a body and talk to you on colors and designs. Thanks.
Bryan, he glued the rear diff together. I think he said he was running "30". 30 second epoxy! Right Ronbo?
Old 02-25-2003, 10:38 AM   #2308
Tech Master

Default Re: MTX3 vs RR

Quote:
Originally posted by rbgti
I notice many of you have both the RR and a MTX3, what are your impressions so far? Which of the two has better suspension geometry/handles better?

And does a RR with a MTX3 rear end out handle both cars?
Both are very good cars, if you like them both choose by parts availability.
Old 02-25-2003, 12:21 PM   #2309
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Mugen MTX3 Solid Axle!

For all you speed freak, AIP (the same design house made the rear floating mount for MTX2) has designed and manufactured the solid axle adaptor for our Mugen MTX3. Just replace all the bevel diff gears in your diff housing with this adaptor, Wa laaa, you have got yourself the very first Solid Axle for MTX3. No modification on any parts. Best of all the adaptor is made in Aluminum and very very light weight!

Details please click Here

Last edited by Ah10; 02-25-2003 at 12:24 PM.
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 12:54 PM   #2310
Tech Adept

AIP Solid Axle will be available at justrc.com very soon.

Thank You

JustRC
justrc is offline   Reply With Quote