R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-23-2003, 10:51 PM   #2281
Tech Elite
 
kevink2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Glendale, Calif.
Posts: 2,154
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by CSF0623
KevinK2: Kevin Kabota (sorry if I misspelled your last name) used to run electric at SoCal. I thought you ran a V1R? I ran w/ you at the KZ sedan race about 3-4 weeks ago (Carl Feltro). I also purchased an MTX 3 but havn't ran the car yet. Have you went to a stiffer diff oil for the rear and also what tires do run for the car @ KZ and revelation? Thanx in advance!
Hey Carl! Yeah I was running the RR a couple of weeks ago but have been testing the MTX recently. Judging by my first outing with it today at Revelation, I need more work! The RR is more comfortable for me right now, but there's a few things that I like about the MTX, mostly in regards to gearing. However, I'm finding the Mugen to be much less durable (don't ask how I know!). How come you weren't there today? Paul D. came and did pretty good.

For Rev., I've been running 30,000 in the diff, with 40's all around. I was traction rolling today though (it was cold outside and bite comes up there for some reason), so maybe 42's would be good. Gray springs, and I'm going to try stiffer oil at Francis M.'s suggestion (check out the results from the race today at the website!). 34 entries in expert sedan alone! Stiff competition! What's up with the Yoke??
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 12:22 AM   #2282
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: cali.
Posts: 189
Send a message via AIM to Bryan N.
Default

Hey Kevin, check your Private Message.
Bryan N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 12:36 AM   #2283
Tech Fanatic
 
CSF0623's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Posts: 869
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by kevink2
Hey Carl! Yeah I was running the RR a couple of weeks ago but have been testing the MTX recently. Judging by my first outing with it today at Revelation, I need more work! The RR is more comfortable for me right now, but there's a few things that I like about the MTX, mostly in regards to gearing. However, I'm finding the Mugen to be much less durable (don't ask how I know!). How come you weren't there today? Paul D. came and did pretty good.

For Rev., I've been running 30,000 in the diff, with 40's all around. I was traction rolling today though (it was cold outside and bite comes up there for some reason), so maybe 42's would be good. Gray springs, and I'm going to try stiffer oil at Francis M.'s suggestion (check out the results from the race today at the website!). 34 entries in expert sedan alone! Stiff competition! What's up with the Yoke??
Kevin: Got to lazy to run today. As far as the yoke just kind of tired of the constant traction roll! Don't get me wrong the gt4 is still a good car, just thought I'd try something different. N/E how thanx for the input and i will try the 30k grease and hard tires.
CSF0623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 03:02 AM   #2284
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Athens
Posts: 45
Default Chassis

When i assembled my MTX-3 Kit i had only one problem. When i Screwed down the Rear Brace i noticed that it squeezed in between the radio plate and the rear. That did not seem quite right so i placed the car on a flat surface (with the Reare Brace in place) and noticed that the chassis flexed upward forming a quite large ark. Has anyone else noticed this problem and how did they fix it?
czotalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 05:08 AM   #2285
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Chassis

Quote:
Originally posted by czotalis
When i assembled my MTX-3 Kit i had only one problem. When i Screwed down the Rear Brace i noticed that it squeezed in between the radio plate and the rear. That did not seem quite right so i placed the car on a flat surface (with the Reare Brace in place) and noticed that the chassis flexed upward forming a quite large ark. Has anyone else noticed this problem and how did they fix it?
the plastic or hop up brace has an angle on it. read the instruction manual carefully and observe the orientation of the brace.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 09:25 AM   #2286
Tech Elite
 
kevink2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Glendale, Calif.
Posts: 2,154
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by CSF0623
Kevin: Got to lazy to run today. As far as the yoke just kind of tired of the constant traction roll! Don't get me wrong the gt4 is still a good car, just thought I'd try something different. N/E how thanx for the input and i will try the 30k grease and hard tires.
Yeah I probably should have stayed home too! Lot of people traction rolling lately, so don't feel left out.
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 09:28 AM   #2287
Tech Elite
 
kevink2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Glendale, Calif.
Posts: 2,154
Default Re: Re: Chassis

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
the plastic or hop up brace has an angle on it. read the instruction manual carefully and observe the orientation of the brace.
Yep. But I've also noticed that the MTX-3 is much flexier than my hopped up V-One RR. I didn't think I would feel it that much on the track, but I actually do feel a difference. Anyone think the RD Logics aluminum brace would help? Anything else that would help stiffen it up?
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 10:12 AM   #2288
Tech Elite
 
Corse-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 2,121
Default Re: Re: Re: Chassis

Quote:
Originally posted by kevink2
Yep. But I've also noticed that the MTX-3 is much flexier than my hopped up V-One RR. I didn't think I would feel it that much on the track, but I actually do feel a difference. Anyone think the RD Logics aluminum brace would help? Anything else that would help stiffen it up?
Yep! Rear end is a little flexy, maybe this can be considered an advantage on some situations (low traction tracks), but ever want a non flexing car. Put the center bulkhead and the aluminium motor brace and the little flex that you've noticed is gone.
__________________
Cheers,
Corse-R
---
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 10:35 AM   #2289
dc2
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 41
Default need help

I need help MTX-3 peeps...can you give me the part # for the stock REX pipe that comes with the kit. I need to replace mine.

thanks! and sorry for the kind of OT inquiry.

dc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 10:37 AM   #2290
Tech Elite
 
kevink2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Glendale, Calif.
Posts: 2,154
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Chassis

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
Yep! Rear end is a little flexy, maybe this can be considered an advantage on some situations (low traction tracks), but ever want a non flexing car. Put the center bulkhead and the aluminium motor brace and the little flex that you've noticed is gone.
Yeah we're on a high bite track (traction roll city!). I'll try those things out you mentioned, thanks!
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 10:59 AM   #2291
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Chassis

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
Yep! Rear end is a little flexy, maybe this can be considered an advantage on some situations (low traction tracks), but ever want a non flexing car. Put the center bulkhead and the aluminium motor brace and the little flex that you've noticed is gone.
I could feel that also, I think it is something to do with the rear upper camber link, or rear upper arm. the rear hub does move from front to back, compare with the VoneR it uses a solid upper arm! I am trying to figure out a way to secure the rear upper arm and yet not blinding it! I see an image in this thread someone uses VoneRR rear floating mount on MTX3, it looks good but couldnt see details on the front side of the floating mount, I guess I want to see how he mount the rear upper arm from VoneRR so it doesnt move!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 11:05 AM   #2292
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Bowie Md.
Posts: 832
Default

i have the 3racing chassis and kawahara rear brace and it has no flex anymore

i think the stock chassis is way to easy to bend 4mm is the way to go
jason102276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 11:10 AM   #2293
Tech Elite
 
kevink2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Glendale, Calif.
Posts: 2,154
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jason102276
i have the 3racing chassis and kawahara rear brace and it has no flex anymore

i think the stock chassis is way to easy to bend 4mm is the way to go
Yeah my RR also has the 3 Racing chassis with accompanying braces. Very solid.
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 01:00 PM   #2294
Tech Elite
 
Corse-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 2,121
Default Re: Chassis

Quote:
Originally posted by kevink2
Yeah we're on a high bite track (traction roll city!). I'll try those things out you mentioned, thanks!
You can change the rear roll center and put the higher A-arm support and a stiffer rear roll bar to try to cope with the traction rolls.
__________________
Cheers,
Corse-R
---
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 01:04 PM   #2295
Tech Elite
 
kevink2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Glendale, Calif.
Posts: 2,154
Default Re: Re: Chassis

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
You can change the rear roll center and put the higher A-arm support and a stiffer rear roll bar to try to cope with the traction rolls.
Thanks Corse-R. I was thinking about that too. Didn't want to try it before the main yesterday, too chicken to try it without getting some practice in with it. Now it's going to rain this week, so I guess I'll have time to dwell over it some more.
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:18 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net