R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-22-2003, 11:52 PM   #2266
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisF
Well, I drove my MTX3 on the track for the first time today.
Probably if you drive on high traction tracks want to test the optional stiffer rear roll bar (T0140). Installed on mine and car went more docile, with the front end more planted than before and laptimes went a little better.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 01:57 AM   #2267
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to ChrisF

So far so good, but I want the adjustable blade type rear for greater adjustability. As for tracks, it's Crystal Park, SVM, Revelation and Carson Mall. It sucks to have so many choices
ChrisF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 03:51 AM   #2268
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman

Quote:
Originally posted by kevink2
Found a new part, I believe, today at the track (latest Mugen shipment came in):

T0122 Wheel Hub Spacers

They're 1 mil wide silver disks that fit on the wheel hex. With zero offset Fast tires, I was still able to get the nuts on, but it feels safer by turning them around backwards.

these came with the mtx2 pro spec!!
Old 02-23-2003, 09:37 AM   #2269
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

KevinK2: Kevin Kabota (sorry if I misspelled your last name) used to run electric at SoCal. I thought you ran a V1R? I ran w/ you at the KZ sedan race about 3-4 weeks ago (Carl Feltro). I also purchased an MTX 3 but havn't ran the car yet. Have you went to a stiffer diff oil for the rear and also what tires do run for the car @ KZ and revelation? Thanx in advance!
CSF0623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 10:05 AM   #2270
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 10:06 AM   #2271
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

it is not my car, link it from a local forum..........
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 10:56 AM   #2272
Tech Fanatic

Default My 5th Body mount attempt

i made this...........its a losi body post (came with the body protectors)
the carbon mount is made by using the bottom of the front shock mount as a template. the holes are a perfect fit!

sorry about quality of pics did em in side not in studio!! when i get outside will do some good ones

Old 02-23-2003, 11:06 AM   #2273
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by chookgb
just some final pics of my hop ups

wont the spring one the brake rod hold the brake on when you give it full throttle??
Old 02-23-2003, 12:42 PM   #2274
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
it is not my car, link it from a local forum..........
Aaaargh! more info please. Would love to have a floating body mount for the rear.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 01:29 PM   #2275
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

wont the spring one the brake rod hold the brake on when you give it full throttle??

no cartman i have it adjusted so at idle the spring prevents the brake dragging and at full throttle there is no drag also
chookgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 01:32 PM   #2276
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Deltaman
Default New MTX-3

Hey guys, just built my new MTX-3 really like the look of things so far. A couple questions. Does anybody who has driven the car have some measurements for shock length and spring and shock combos? What shore of tire are folks running on the 3? does any body else have to run the spring collars way down on the front shocks? I don't understand the logic behind that, maybe somebody can enlighten me.

Thanks in advance, cannot wait to run it. I broke the motor in today while it was snowing outside. Man I am ready for nitro season!
Deltaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 01:39 PM   #2277
Tech Adept

Delta:

I decided to get the eyelets as close to the bottom of the thread as possible, then measured it. I came up with 67mm and made all shocks that length.

For tires, the range for the local tracks seems to be 37-42 shore. I generally prefer to try to get the same shore fr/rr for more even wear, but we all know sometimes that's not possible. At SVM yesterday, I ran 40/40.

I noticed the same thing with the front shocks on my friends car before I bought one. My car is the same and it doesn't seem to affect performance.

You'll love the car once you get it on a track.
Old 02-23-2003, 06:21 PM   #2278
Tech Regular

Chris, thanks. Glad to hear people are running even front to rear. I like running equal as well. I never could get my MTX-2 to handle well with even shore, I had to run 42 -37 or 45 - 40 fr - rr. As you stated makes it hard for even wear through a 30 min main.

I cannot wait to run the car, with the lackluster price on used MTX-2 I figure I will just build it as well and try both on the track to notice the difference. I came in from the garage smellin' like nitro today....OOOOH Yeeaah!

Thanks again.
Old 02-23-2003, 06:31 PM   #2279
Tech Adept

Deltaman:

I think you will be very pleased. This is my first Mugen car and I'm very happy so far. I've run the Impulse, Impulse Pro, Neo, GT4 and NTC3. I stuck with the Impulse for the longest because it was the most durable and reliable. The NTC3 handled great, but felt inconsistent and was very fragile. Nothing worse than holding a strong position in a main only to blowout your ring/pinion gears or one-way. After about a 1/2 a season with that type of experience, I went back to the Serpent but found it solid but not quite to my liking.

I think the MTX3 will be a great car with strong factory and aftermarket support. I'll let you know comparative laptimes after my first race. I expect they'll be similar to the NTC3, possibly faster.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:38 PM   #2280
Tech Regular

Default Sounds great

Please do let me know your lap time differences!

My Mtx 2 was very durable once I put the wide bumper on it! I think I only broke a couple of 1 arm and pulled a couple of pillow balls through the uprights in a whole season.... that is good for me as I do tend to bump into things now and then. It was my first Nitro TC, but have had Serpent Impacts and a Neo 1/8th Sabre and a couple of Delta Fireballs. It was the best handling car I have had. It could be that I am just hitting my stride and learning how to tune, but I liked the car so much I got the MTX 3.

thanks again and good luck!