R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2003, 11:07 AM   #2191
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

jason to car's rpm does drop a little faster with the lightened
drive drain. just like it accelarates faster.
__________________
TQ-racing Yokomo BD7 Airtronics
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 11:09 AM   #2192
Tech Elite
 
kevink2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Glendale, Calif.
Posts: 2,154
Default

Hey Robbie made the "A"!
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 11:10 AM   #2193
Tech Elite
 
kevink2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Glendale, Calif.
Posts: 2,154
Default

Francis see you at So Cal later?
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 11:12 AM   #2194
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

kev can i try your losi. it will be nice to be indoors for a change
__________________
TQ-racing Yokomo BD7 Airtronics
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 11:20 AM   #2195
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 134
Default Whos going to Revelation today?

AH10

hope ur there I got some new foams and I am going to open a can of whoop ass on u at the track that goes for u too Francis....but you got to figure out who this is...... I'll be the fast guy...hehehehehehehe....francis...here is a clue...i don't like to race......
Fasrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 08:40 PM   #2196
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 172
Default

Attention! We have 1 Square chassis in stock! Get it now before its too late!

JustRC
justrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 11:00 PM   #2197
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: Whos going to Revelation today?

Quote:
Originally posted by Fasrc
AH10

hope ur there I got some new foams and I am going to open a can of whoop ass on u at the track that goes for u too Francis....but you got to figure out who this is...... I'll be the fast guy...hehehehehehehe....francis...here is a clue...i don't like to race......
Hey Mr. Bear, you might need to hold your breath, just got some secret weapon broken in today, and it is fast as hell! may be you just still need to keeping dreaming! ka ka
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 11:41 PM   #2198
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 134
Default re

They don't call me Mr.Bear for nothing! No secret weapon can scare me...lolololololol...anyways.....if i can convince the wife, i maybe there tomarrow.....hopefully i can see this secret weapon from my rear veiw mirror
Fasrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 11:54 PM   #2199
Tech Master
 
Ah10's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Pasadena/Southern California
Posts: 1,370
Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: re

Quote:
Originally posted by Fasrc
They don't call me Mr.Bear for nothing! No secret weapon can scare me...lolololololol...anyways.....if i can convince the wife, i maybe there tomarrow.....hopefully i can see this secret weapon from my rear veiw mirror
Let me try to convince my friends to go to Revelation next satureay
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 01:53 AM   #2200
Tech Elite
 
Corse-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 2,121
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jason102276
corse-r what did you mean when you spoke about the giroscopic effect of the lightened drivetrain?
did you mean the car slowed more rapidly after throttle was released?

and you are talking about clutch shoes that work with mugen centax right?
are some of them available through mugen and do you have part numbers?

and what kind of reaction was there when using the different shoes?
When I said this about gyro effect on the transmission is because I found that leveraging trotthle on the same points on my track I lose speed quicker and needed to go further with gas if I want to enter with the same speed on the turns. Less inertia on the transmission gives you less distance with off-power, so you need to compensate this retarding the lever up on the gas.

Tested different shoes. Tested the stock mugen black and the optional gray, liked how the gray shoe gripped to the bell, but their wearing was a little higher... my LHS gave me some aftermarket shoes to test them. A yellow one (post a picture on this message) grips better almost as the gray but wears like a iron - and the best of it.... doesn't glazes and don't lost grip on the worst moments.

Made some tests with the shoes. Abused them of the nastyest things you can imagine (tightened the spring and let them slip enough to fry a stock shoe), made some acceleration tests with different shoes and the same spring tension (measured the dims of the shoes and applied the same tightening to the spring). The yellow one needed less time to do a 50meter straight from deadstop (well, differences were about few 1/100 of a second).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yellowclutch.jpg (92.1 KB, 159 views)
__________________
Cheers,
Corse-R
---
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 01:58 AM   #2201
Tech Elite
 
Corse-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 2,121
Talking Some images of real stopping power (1/2)

Side view.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg disksideview.jpg (82.3 KB, 186 views)
__________________
Cheers,
Corse-R
---
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 01:59 AM   #2202
Tech Elite
 
Corse-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 2,121
Default Some images of real stopping power (2/2)

Awaiting for 'Manti Approved' stickers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg diskfrontview.jpg (81.5 KB, 304 views)
__________________
Cheers,
Corse-R
---
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 02:02 AM   #2203
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Some images of real stopping power (2/2)

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
Awaiting for 'Manti Approved' stickers.
the disk looks very nice !! does it also work with V1RR ?
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 02:04 AM   #2204
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
When I said this about gyro effect on the transmission is because I found that leveraging trotthle on the same points on my track I lose speed quicker and needed to go further with gas if I want to enter with the same speed on the turns. Less inertia on the transmission gives you less distance with off-power, so you need to compensate this retarding the lever up on the gas.

Tested different shoes. Tested the stock mugen black and the optional gray, liked how the gray shoe gripped to the bell, but their wearing was a little higher... my LHS gave me some aftermarket shoes to test them. A yellow one (post a picture on this message) grips better almost as the gray but wears like a iron - and the best of it.... doesn't glazes and don't lost grip on the worst moments.

Made some tests with the shoes. Abused them of the nastyest things you can imagine (tightened the spring and let them slip enough to fry a stock shoe), made some acceleration tests with different shoes and the same spring tension (measured the dims of the shoes and applied the same tightening to the spring). The yellow one needed less time to do a 50meter straight from deadstop (well, differences were about few 1/100 of a second).
Ass o used the same color material as their clutch shoes like 20 years ago and I am sure this yellow thingy is a different story with improved compound. The yellow swing shoes used by Ass o is kinda soft and didnt last long.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 02:07 AM   #2205
Tech Elite
 
Corse-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 2,121
Default Re: Re: Some images of real stopping power (2/2)

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
the disk looks very nice !! does it also work with V1RR ?
Disk is made with 6 attaching holes and Vone rear sprocket (If I'm not wrong) goes with two pins if are at the same distance of the center why not? Uhm.... don't know about disk thickness clearance. But worth a try.
__________________
Cheers,
Corse-R
---
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:30 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net