R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-15-2003, 11:07 AM   #2191
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

jason to car's rpm does drop a little faster with the lightened
drive drain. just like it accelarates faster.
Old 02-15-2003, 11:09 AM   #2192
Tech Elite

Hey Robbie made the "A"!
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 11:10 AM   #2193
Tech Elite

Francis see you at So Cal later?
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 11:12 AM   #2194
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

kev can i try your losi. it will be nice to be indoors for a change
Old 02-15-2003, 11:20 AM   #2195
Tech Adept

Default Whos going to Revelation today?

AH10

hope ur there I got some new foams and I am going to open a can of whoop ass on u at the track that goes for u too Francis....but you got to figure out who this is...... I'll be the fast guy...hehehehehehehe....francis...here is a clue...i don't like to race......
Fasrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 08:40 PM   #2196
Tech Adept

Attention! We have 1 Square chassis in stock! Get it now before its too late!

JustRC
justrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 11:00 PM   #2197
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: Whos going to Revelation today?

Quote:
Originally posted by Fasrc
AH10

hope ur there I got some new foams and I am going to open a can of whoop ass on u at the track that goes for u too Francis....but you got to figure out who this is...... I'll be the fast guy...hehehehehehehe....francis...here is a clue...i don't like to race......
Hey Mr. Bear, you might need to hold your breath, just got some secret weapon broken in today, and it is fast as hell! may be you just still need to keeping dreaming! ka ka
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 11:41 PM   #2198
Tech Adept

Default re

They don't call me Mr.Bear for nothing! No secret weapon can scare me...lolololololol...anyways.....if i can convince the wife, i maybe there tomarrow.....hopefully i can see this secret weapon from my rear veiw mirror
Fasrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 11:54 PM   #2199
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: re

Quote:
Originally posted by Fasrc
They don't call me Mr.Bear for nothing! No secret weapon can scare me...lolololololol...anyways.....if i can convince the wife, i maybe there tomarrow.....hopefully i can see this secret weapon from my rear veiw mirror
Let me try to convince my friends to go to Revelation next satureay
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 01:53 AM   #2200
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by jason102276
corse-r what did you mean when you spoke about the giroscopic effect of the lightened drivetrain?
did you mean the car slowed more rapidly after throttle was released?

and you are talking about clutch shoes that work with mugen centax right?
are some of them available through mugen and do you have part numbers?

and what kind of reaction was there when using the different shoes?
When I said this about gyro effect on the transmission is because I found that leveraging trotthle on the same points on my track I lose speed quicker and needed to go further with gas if I want to enter with the same speed on the turns. Less inertia on the transmission gives you less distance with off-power, so you need to compensate this retarding the lever up on the gas.

Tested different shoes. Tested the stock mugen black and the optional gray, liked how the gray shoe gripped to the bell, but their wearing was a little higher... my LHS gave me some aftermarket shoes to test them. A yellow one (post a picture on this message) grips better almost as the gray but wears like a iron - and the best of it.... doesn't glazes and don't lost grip on the worst moments.

Made some tests with the shoes. Abused them of the nastyest things you can imagine (tightened the spring and let them slip enough to fry a stock shoe), made some acceleration tests with different shoes and the same spring tension (measured the dims of the shoes and applied the same tightening to the spring). The yellow one needed less time to do a 50meter straight from deadstop (well, differences were about few 1/100 of a second).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yellowclutch.jpg (92.1 KB, 159 views)
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 01:58 AM   #2201
Tech Elite

Talking Some images of real stopping power (1/2)

Side view.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg disksideview.jpg (82.3 KB, 186 views)
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Old 02-16-2003, 01:59 AM   #2202
Tech Elite

Default Some images of real stopping power (2/2)

Awaiting for 'Manti Approved' stickers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg diskfrontview.jpg (81.5 KB, 304 views)
Old 02-16-2003, 02:02 AM   #2203
Tech Champion

Default Re: Some images of real stopping power (2/2)

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
Awaiting for 'Manti Approved' stickers.
the disk looks very nice !! does it also work with V1RR ?
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 02:04 AM   #2204
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
When I said this about gyro effect on the transmission is because I found that leveraging trotthle on the same points on my track I lose speed quicker and needed to go further with gas if I want to enter with the same speed on the turns. Less inertia on the transmission gives you less distance with off-power, so you need to compensate this retarding the lever up on the gas.

Tested different shoes. Tested the stock mugen black and the optional gray, liked how the gray shoe gripped to the bell, but their wearing was a little higher... my LHS gave me some aftermarket shoes to test them. A yellow one (post a picture on this message) grips better almost as the gray but wears like a iron - and the best of it.... doesn't glazes and don't lost grip on the worst moments.

Made some tests with the shoes. Abused them of the nastyest things you can imagine (tightened the spring and let them slip enough to fry a stock shoe), made some acceleration tests with different shoes and the same spring tension (measured the dims of the shoes and applied the same tightening to the spring). The yellow one needed less time to do a 50meter straight from deadstop (well, differences were about few 1/100 of a second).
Ass o used the same color material as their clutch shoes like 20 years ago and I am sure this yellow thingy is a different story with improved compound. The yellow swing shoes used by Ass o is kinda soft and didnt last long.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 02:07 AM   #2205
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Some images of real stopping power (2/2)

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
the disk looks very nice !! does it also work with V1RR ?
Disk is made with 6 attaching holes and Vone rear sprocket (If I'm not wrong) goes with two pins if are at the same distance of the center why not? Uhm.... don't know about disk thickness clearance. But worth a try.