R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-03-2003, 11:16 AM   #1936
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman
Default Re: Tank

Quote:
Originally posted by JordanC
Have any of you guys had any drama's with the tank or top deck? I've got a bad leak in the rear seal, and the fuel has separated the carbon next to the belt tensioner!
take it you did not run super glue round the chassis edgges to seal them??
Old 02-03-2003, 01:14 PM   #1937
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: Re: Tank

Quote:
Originally posted by Cartman
take it you did not run super glue round the chassis edgges to seal them??
Hey guys, Finally I posted all the images I have since the first day I got my hop ups! yeah yeah yeah I know it took me forever to post them but here they are

Hi guys,

As promised, I am posting my MTX3 with all the hop ups I got from Justrc. Eventhough I got all my hop ups 2 weeks ago but didnt have enough time to put them on, besides I dont want to put all of them on at once, I want to test what would work and what would be eye candies! Anyways, here they are

Stratus 2.1 Body

Stratus 2.1 Body 2

Rear Sway Bar

Rear Shock Tower

Upper Deck

Light Weight Pulley Adaptor

Light Weight Pulley Adaptor 2

Side Brace

Mid Block

Front Sway Bar

Light Weight Engine Mount

Mid Support

Enjoy guys!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 01:40 PM   #1938
Tech Fanatic

Corse-r

Just checked my car and i think the front belt is a little loose, maybe put two washers under the front of the mid shaft mount to tension it more??
Old 02-03-2003, 01:43 PM   #1939
Tech Fanatic

ONE WAY DIFF

I have been thinking (i know its rare)
what if a one way was combined with a gear diff, locked drive on power but normal diff's in slow speed and full four wheel brakes!

am i talking rubbish or would it work?
Old 02-03-2003, 01:56 PM   #1940
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish
Default Re: ONE WAY DIFF

Quote:
Originally posted by Cartman
I have been thinking (i know its rare)
what if a one way was combined with a gear diff, locked drive on power but normal diff's in slow speed and full four wheel brakes!

am i talking rubbish or would it work?
Hello Carman,

You're not talking rubbish. As a matter of fact, it's what I've been thinking about for quite sometimes. You see, Kawahara has the Negative Diff: a combo of Solid Axle and gear diff. I'm sure it's just a matter of time til we see who'll the first coming out of such.

Great idea and good thought!
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 03:51 PM   #1941
Tech Adept

Ah10, in your picture, you dont have the throttle servo mounted below the radiotray? is this because the new deck does not permit this? or is it because you just have not done it? and also, what is so improved with this radio tray? lastly, your car, and some others, have those nice purple washers beneath your screw heads, where do you get those, and what are they called?
Nytrochaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 04:09 PM   #1942
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Tank

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10
Hey guys, Finally I posted all the images I have since the first day I got my hop ups! yeah yeah yeah I know it took me forever to post them but here they are

Hi guys,

As promised, I am posting my MTX3 with all the hop ups I got from Justrc. Eventhough I got all my hop ups 2 weeks ago but didnt have enough time to put them on, besides I dont want to put all of them on at once, I want to test what would work and what would be eye candies! Anyways, here they are

Enjoy guys!
Your car always looks good with bunch of goodies. Just like your MTX-2 in the MTX-2 forum. Why can't mine look that good?
Old 02-03-2003, 04:23 PM   #1943
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
Originally posted by Nytrochaos
Ah10, in your picture, you dont have the throttle servo mounted below the radiotray? is this because the new deck does not permit this? or is it because you just have not done it? and also, what is so improved with this radio tray? lastly, your car, and some others, have those nice purple washers beneath your screw heads, where do you get those, and what are they called?
First of all, thank you very much for your compliments!

oh because the servo I have (Hitec 5925) the mount ear has a ridge on it and I dont want to shave it off so I mount the servo on top of the radio plate, no special reason!

on the upperdeck, this out milled out more material and it is lighter(which wasnt the main reason I got it), the main reason I got this upperdeck is because on the steering servo horn area it is bigger, much easier to deal with if I need to fine tune the setting to zero.

Those are called Concave Washers, and they are made by Ofna, you can get them pretty much all the hobby shop! they have 3mm and 4mm, I used 3mm on the chassis and 4mm where the engine mounting screws are.
Old 02-03-2003, 04:34 PM   #1944
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Tank

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10

Stratus 2.1 Body
Almost drowned with some pictures of you, but envy shouldn't last much, today cannot have some spare time to order some, but tomorrow have some time (have a reminder on my Exchange for tomorrow )

Not for being a pr**k, but remember that none roll bars should protrude from the body (please, don't ask how I know.... losted my better qualification time by this... ) so if you plan to race, tech inspectors enforce you to lower roll bar or raise the body (do it my friend and save yourself from a headache).

I prefeer to score a body than score a metal part (not matter if its a roll bar...)
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 04:37 PM   #1945
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Tank

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
Almost drowned with some pictures of you, but envy shouldn't last much, today cannot have some spare time to order some, but tomorrow have some time (have a reminder on my Exchange for tomorrow )

Not for being a pr**k, but remember that none roll bars should protrude from the body (please, don't ask how I know.... losted my better qualification time by this... ) so if you plan to race, tech inspectors enforce you to lower roll bar or raise the body (do it my friend and save yourself from a headache).

Thank you very much I'll take it as you like the hop ups I have!

Come on man! I wont take it as offensive! If I posted or addressed my opinion on something especially in the forum that means I am asking for input! not a fight!

In fact I really really appreciate your point! and I would like to get more too! I really think we should have more ppl like you in the forum so we all could learn something new everyday!

Last edited by Ah10; 02-03-2003 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-03-2003, 04:38 PM   #1946
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Tank

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R

I prefeer to score a body than score a metal part (not matter if its a roll bar...)
This is great to know. Learn something new everyday...
Old 02-03-2003, 05:30 PM   #1947
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to ROBBIE C Send a message via Yahoo to ROBBIE C

WoW I didn't know that I guess you learn something new every day.
ROBBIE C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 05:37 PM   #1948
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by ROBBIE C
WoW I didn't know that I guess you learn something new every day.
Hi robbie, how are you? I thought you knew that one? or is it different from club race to club race?
Old 02-03-2003, 05:39 PM   #1949
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

what's up robbie I just came from svm yesterday.
you should have been there it was pretty fun.
Old 02-03-2003, 06:01 PM   #1950
Tech Adept

hey robbie, i read your name on the entries for winternats, good luck man.......give kenji somethin to compete with i hear the 705 isnt as dangerous as it came off to be........burch jr better watch himself.....and i swear to god, if baker with his damn electic pos with a nitro engine in it walks away with a win........hell will freeze over....anyays, robbie, show the world what the mugen's can do
Nytrochaos is offline   Reply With Quote