R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-31-2008, 12:05 AM   #17131
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Hi Guys

Is there another company that make the gears for the MTX3? More so the pinions, I heard that Kyosho have steel ones available which pretty well last forever, that would be great. The other question is can you run the MTX4 gears on the MTX3?

Cheers
Adrian
Old 07-31-2008, 09:49 AM   #17132
Tech Adept

Hey vazzo, there are still plenty of pinion gears available on ebay. Here is a link to a store that has a few and they ship outside the U.S.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MUGT0714-Mugen-M...2em118Q2el1247

I still have the stock pinion gears that came with the kit and they are in pretty good shape. Ive had to replace a few spur gears but those are still easy to find here in the states.

As far as running the MTX4 gears Ive heard you can do it. Ive heard you can swap out the entire clutch kit from an MTX4 and install it to whatever engine your running on your MTX3. Your obviously going to have get the correct spur gears to match the new pinion gear size. The gearing on the MTX4 is a bit different than the stock gearing on the MTX3. I recently installed a new engine in my MTX3 and I was thinking about doing that swap but I never went through with it. I figured if the clutch Im running now ever gives out I will go for it.

By the way, my MTX3 is running great with that new O.S. 12TZ! I just finished breaking it in last week at the track and I'm really looking forward to fine tuning it and running it all out in a few weeks.
almtx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:00 PM   #17133
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vazzo View Post
Hi Guys

Is there another company that make the gears for the MTX3? More so the pinions, I heard that Kyosho have steel ones available which pretty well last forever, that would be great. The other question is can you run the MTX4 gears on the MTX3?

Cheers
Adrian
The 0.8 pitch spur gears for the MTX3 and MTX4 are the same and you can buy those through Mugen Seiki, Nitrohouse, RC-Toro, RC-Mushroom, and several other websites. However, the 0.8 and 1.0 clutchbell spur gears for the MTX3 are becoming harder to come by. Like almtx3 said, keep your eyes on Ebay, for sale portions of chat forums like this, Mugen Seiki, and overseas websites like RC-Toro and RC-Mushroom (both tied to Hong Kong shops/distributors). Integy may still have some (and other MTX3) parts availabe through their website. Hope this information helps.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:00 AM   #17134
Tech Adept

does any one know where i can get a new clutch assy i need the whole thing no one seems to have it all i see is one for the mtx4 please help pm me ith any answers
infernoman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:45 AM   #17135
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernoman2008 View Post
does any one know where i can get a new clutch assy i need the whole thing no one seems to have it all i see is one for the mtx4 please help pm me ith any answers
You can use mtx4 parts for centax clutch shoes and 2speed clutch shoes. Bring your old parts to your LHS for direct comparison.

The difference between 3 and 4 occur in centax clutch assembly : flywheel, centax locknut, clutchbell.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:43 PM   #17136
Tech Rookie

Default Clutch Parts

I know I have a few different Items and I no longer have a MTX3, email me directly at [email protected] and lets see what I can do to help you out.

Jaime
jaimepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:06 PM   #17137
Tech Adept

looking for a new mtx3 clutch assy need all new parts
Old 08-13-2008, 12:58 AM   #17138
Tech Fanatic

How much are used MTX-3 going for now-a-days? In excellent condition and RTR.
JVT MTX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:10 PM   #17139
Tech Adept

look for pinion gears 22 first gear and 28 second gears does any one know about any updated parts numbers
Old 08-15-2008, 08:58 AM   #17140
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernoman2008 View Post
look for pinion gears 22 first gear and 28 second gears does any one know about any updated parts numbers
You may want to try Nitrohouse. They should still have some of teh MTX-3 parts in stock:
http://www.nitrohouse.com/options,_mtx-3.htm

As mentioned though, moving to the 0.8 gears the MTX4 and MTX3 Prospec used. those gears are much easier to find, and you should be able to duplicate the gear ratio (or find one slightly better) with the new gears. They sell the complete clutch; my LHS has one in stock. I can get the part number next time I head up there.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:12 PM   #17141
Tech Fanatic

I can't get my nephew's MTX3 to start. When I set the car on starter box I can hear the motor fire up but not enough to stay on.

Anytech advice is much appreciated.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:33 PM   #17142
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BLKNOTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVT MTX3 View Post
I can't get my nephew's MTX3 to start. When I set the car on starter box I can hear the motor fire up but not enough to stay on.

Anytech advice is much appreciated.

You may want to start by setting the carb back to the base settings, then replace the glow plug with a fresh one and be sure you glow igniter is fully charged. Also be sure the fuel line is clear of any blockage and that it is full of fuel. When first starting put your finger over the exhaust to feed fuel to the carb (just a sec on the starter box) then when you start with the igniter you should have no issues.

Good luck
Sean
BLKNOTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:10 AM   #17143
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKNOTCH View Post
You may want to start by setting the carb back to the base settings, then replace the glow plug with a fresh one and be sure you glow igniter is fully charged. Also be sure the fuel line is clear of any blockage and that it is full of fuel. When first starting put your finger over the exhaust to feed fuel to the carb (just a sec on the starter box) then when you start with the igniter you should have no issues.

Good luck
Sean

Thanks Sean!! I'll let you know tomorrow if I'm able to start the engine.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:36 AM   #17144
Tech Adept

Hey guys I cant find a front upright for my MTX3 online anywhere (Part Number T0164R). Broke mine yesterday at the track and need a replacement.

I found this part number MUGT0138-B claiming to be a new version upright that will fit both the MTX3 and the MTX4? Just wanted to make sure this part would fit and if anyone has installed this part number on their MTX3 and had any problems.

Thanks
almtx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:05 AM   #17145
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I'm not sure if they will work, but I know I have atleast one spare that I could get to you.

PM me your contact info and I'll get back to you this evening.

Also, to all who are still running the MTX-3, I have decided to move on to other things, so I will be selling off my stash of parts, cars and motors. If you need something, let me know. Price will be right for the RcTech Family.

Send me you want list prior to putting them in the "For Sale" Thread and then off to E-bay.

Mark
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote