Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The MTX3 is still a quite competitive car
And in the right hands is capable of competing with all of the new cars I would stick with it till you think you can drive the car to its limits.
I have the MTX4 and still don’t feel as comfortable with it as I did with the MTX3
Old 04-29-2007, 10:27 PM
Tech Champion

I feel the opposite............ my laps time is much better with MTX4 than MTX3. MTX4 can take faster mid cornering speed. It is natural you choose MTX4 as your replacement car. I would suggest to get the R version.

However, if you still learning, using MTX3 is better car because it is stronger car than MTX4.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My Lap times are also faster with the 4 maybe thats why I dont feel as comfortable with it because Iam driving Faster
Old 04-30-2007, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have sold off my mtx3's... felt outdated at the track with everyone else running mt4's and serpent 720's.. Maybe I'll by an mtx4... but my LHS wants like 500 for it... uh, NO. Good bye to mugen for now...
Old 04-30-2007, 03:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by asw7576
I feel the opposite............ my laps time is much better with MTX4 than MTX3. MTX4 can take faster mid cornering speed. It is natural you choose MTX4 as your replacement car. I would suggest to get the R version.

However, if you still learning, using MTX3 is better car because it is stronger car than MTX4.
Sup ASW!!

I had the same question in mind as SPURCHECK - if I should update my MTX3 to a 4 or newer Nitro models on the market, but at the same time I asked myself, SELF is it really worth it? Answer, NO!!!

I look RC like Golf. You can have the best golf clubs on the market, but if you can't hit the golf ball like a pro, your golf clubs are only as good as you make 'em.

Do you feel this applies to RC as well?
Old 05-01-2007, 03:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the feedback guys, for now think I'll sit tight, work on improving my skills. Maybe if I can get more experience and don't see any improvement then I will reconsider jumping to the newer car.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:24 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JVT MTX3
Sup ASW!!

I had the same question in mind as SPURCHECK - if I should update my MTX3 to a 4 or newer Nitro models on the market, but at the same time I asked myself, SELF is it really worth it? Answer, NO!!!

I look RC like Golf. You can have the best golf clubs on the market, but if you can't hit the golf ball like a pro, your golf clubs are only as good as you make 'em.

Do you feel this applies to RC as well?
Yes, RC and Golf are the same : it is player dependent.......
I quit Golf 4 years ago.... and switch to RC hobby. I enjoy this hobby much greater than playing golf.

I won't say no If you want MTX4
Old 05-02-2007, 01:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by asw7576
Yes, RC and Golf are the same : it is player dependent.......
I quit Golf 4 years ago.... and switch to RC hobby. I enjoy this hobby much greater than playing golf.

I won't say no If you want MTX4

You do know we're capable of doing more than one hobby.

Hopefully you find some time to start playing golf again. Cause on my end, I will quit RC before I quit playing golf. And I prefer the smell of fresh cut grass over gas.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

go elsewhere to get it, 500 no way

Originally Posted by cheesewhip
I have sold off my mtx3's... felt outdated at the track with everyone else running mt4's and serpent 720's.. Maybe I'll by an mtx4... but my LHS wants like 500 for it... uh, NO. Good bye to mugen for now...
Old 05-02-2007, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chippy
The MTX3 is still a quite competitive car
And in the right hands is capable of competing with all of the new cars I would stick with it till you think you can drive the car to its limits.
I have the MTX4 and still don’t feel as comfortable with it as I did with the MTX3
u said it dude....last weekend after quite a long stint, 1 mtx3 (the only one from 30++ racer) made it to d A3 podium..... few x4 got their 2nd spur strip .... others were the 720s and RRRs

p/s: i was a former x3 driver, really missed the car, it's been good to me
Old 05-20-2007, 01:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Can someone help me find a few of these solid spool pieces?

Kawahara does make this aluminum piece (K781)

this piece replaces the gears insde the front diff and making it solid.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Chassis Hop

Hopefully I'm in the right spot posting this question. What would cause a MTX3's all 4 wheels to hop under hard acceleration? Not able to put the power on the track. Too soft, too hard, damping, tires? Most all people at the local track run this car and I'm the only one who has this issue. Any ideas?
Old 05-20-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lurchsum69
Hopefully I'm in the right spot posting this question. What would cause a MTX3's all 4 wheels to hop under hard acceleration? Not able to put the power on the track. Too soft, too hard, damping, tires? Most all people at the local track run this car and I'm the only one who has this issue. Any ideas?
yes, this is the spot alright is the surface ur running bumpy?

this hopping or bouncing occurs mostly due to bumpy surfaces and can be fix with the right shock oil and shock spring.....
r u using the same setups with those other guys and still having the problem? if not try to follow their setups esp the shock oil and spring....
Old 05-20-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Rookie

The surface is pretty smooth. We all use a similar setup but I have changed a couple of things. Im using a combination of rear arm mounts to enable me to have pro squat in the rear using an 'A' front mnt and a 'C' rear mount. This angles the rear arms in a slope w the rear of the arm higher towards the rear. Also, in the front I have place a thin castor shim under the front bulkhead mount screw which gives me a touch of kick up. Other than that we all use the same other stuff. I'l just have to remove my 'mods' to see if the problem goes away. My car has been awesome w that setup but all of a sudden the car doesn't seem to like them anymore. Very interesting......
Old 05-20-2007, 08:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by lurchsum69
Yep our MTX3 does the same axle tramps like there's no tomorrow when the MTX4's are fine. I've just put it down to wear there is quite a bit of slop in all of the rod ends etc. (hence it has been replaced)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.