R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-22-2007, 07:32 PM   #16876
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
rcabj & devious17 : Are you coming to Jakarta for Pre FEMCA on 7 & 8 April ?

I heard from JITC owner there will be some Malaysian, Singaporean, Brunei, Japanese and European drivers coming to test the track before the real event.
hi asw....

no i'm not coming ... yeah i heard some drivers planning goin for FEMCA..not sure for the PRE though...but seems they have to enter qualifying rounds over here first b4 goin...
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:42 PM   #16877
Tech Master

Sad to say not many are going to make it to the race in Indonesia. The local so called 'authorities' dont seem too keen at promoting on-road catagory IMO. Exposure of this race was minimal and kept till the last minute for some reason. It was recently announced about the FEMCA race which I think is a bit too late for preparation and planning.

Well, such is live.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:03 AM   #16878
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kwikvdub

I was told that the MTX-3 has a 2 mm off-set on the tires and that I have to get tires with that off-set. If I don't, it would change the roll-center. Don't know what that means plus a friend said it would not drive well at all!

Where can I get tires for this car. GRP??........... From Mugen??.........What's a good shore to start off with in a parking lot track??............

.............. Thanks Guys!........... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TQRacing / 360 v2 RC Raceway / Team Downgrade Designs
Kwikvdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:59 AM   #16879
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
I was told that the MTX-3 has a 2 mm off-set on the tires and that I have to get tires with that off-set. If I don't, it would change the roll-center. Don't know what that means plus a friend said it would not drive well at all!

Where can I get tires for this car. GRP??........... From Mugen??.........What's a good shore to start off with in a parking lot track??............

hi alex
all the new rims will work on the car so get the serpnet jaco's from nyc they work good . 37 shore is a good starting point for the local track's
jimmy see you at nyc
Old 03-29-2007, 11:57 AM   #16880
Tech Champion

Thanks Bro!

Old 03-29-2007, 12:30 PM   #16881
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikvdub

Hi Alex,

Just be sure that you check the width of your car, front and rear, after you put on the tires of your choice and compare this to a setup sheet.

Not every tire manufacturer uses the same offset, so if you have your car setup for one manufacturer's tire it may not be the same as another's. This will effect the track width and handling. This can be a problem if you're switching back and forth between brands on race day.

I suggest you stick with one brand, one that works for you. GRP's are great.

Ralph
ralph m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:13 PM   #16882
Tech Champion

Thanks Ralph, Good point!.......... I will stick to one brand. Good idea.

See you at the track!

Old 04-24-2007, 11:22 AM   #16883
Tech Fanatic

I'm running .12 engine

How much run time (mins.) are you getting on a full tank of gas?
JVT MTX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:11 PM   #16884
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVT MTX3
I'm running .12 engine

How much run time (mins.) are you getting on a full tank of gas?
For racing :

It depends on how many laps accomplished in 5 minutes. Mostly people aims 5 minutes with highest possible laps. When people said " my car is capable to save fuel more than 5 minutes " ........ then you should ask back " how many laps did you accomplish ? "

In my home track, Group A drivers can make 17* to 18 laps in 5 minutes. While group B drivers are capable to accomplished 15 to 16* laps with some fuel left over in their tanks. ( * = mostly )

For play only : about 7 minutes in parking lot.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:49 PM   #16885
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
For racing :

It depends on how many laps accomplished in 5 minutes. Mostly people aims 5 minutes with highest possible laps. When people said " my car is capable to save fuel more than 5 minutes " ........ then you should ask back " how many laps did you accomplish ? "

In my home track, Group A drivers can make 17* to 18 laps in 5 minutes. While group B drivers are capable to accomplished 15 to 16* laps with some fuel left over in their tanks. ( * = mostly )

For play only : about 7 minutes in parking lot.
Thanks ASW!!!

That's about same run time (mostly play) I get with my car.

I thought some were getting more run time with their car, like 9-10mins. by using different fuel, setup, etc...
Old 04-24-2007, 01:12 PM   #16886
Tech Champion

Things that makes fuel economy in racing : ( assuming you keep the fuel tank 75cc, which is race legal for IFMAR or ROAR )

1. Lightweight cars
2. Smooth driving style---> always in racing lines and no crash.
3. Tune your engine HSN to its limit ( no mercy on the engine ) ---> therefore, almost no smoke trails when accelerating at long straight line, and you can hear the engine sound is almost straving of fuel after completing that long straight. ( very hard to explain the sound of the engine ).
4. Heavier flywheel weights, or softer clutch spring ( centax clutch should engange sooner, but you might experience engine bogging or lame acceleration )
5. Bigger Pinions and Smaller Spur gears ( lame acceleration, slower to reach maximum rpm or engine peak, but top speed is awesome if the straight permits ).

1,2,3 are the best advice.

4 is definetely lame

5 is okay, it depends on personal driving style, in my case, I don't want my car to accelerate too fast out of corner..... I'm worried to spin or hit the side wall ( my racing skill is not group A ).

Some says 16% nitro can do the trick.......... but I don't know, coz I always using 25% nitro.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:53 PM   #16887
Tech Fanatic

^^^ Thanks for the tips!! I don't plan to race any time soon, still learning how to corner the turns without spinning my car, but I'll definitely apply all the good tips I received and read from this board.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:07 AM   #16888
Tech Apprentice

guys,
what rear differential oil do you use if your using a front oneway?
Currently i'm using a front differential! Do i have to change any other set-up if i'll change to a front oneway?
thanks in advance!
Daghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:42 AM   #16889
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daghan
guys,
what rear differential oil do you use if your using a front oneway?
Currently i'm using a front differential! Do i have to change any other set-up if i'll change to a front oneway?
thanks in advance!

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:02 PM   #16890
Tech Master

Default Decisions, decisions, decisions

Hi Guys,
bear with me on this one. I currently own a MTX-3 and it runs fairly well (certainly better than the driver,,,,,,,for sure). I am wondering how much in the way of performance I am giving up in comparsant to the newer MTX-4 or MTX-4R. I am trying to decide if I would consider the purchase of one of the newer cars. I only race twice a month and based on that it would mean I probably will only get out maybe 10 times this summer. Is the car worth it??????

No Apologies Racing, don't believe me, try me!!!!!
spurcheck is offline   Reply With Quote