R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-04-2006, 05:52 PM   #16771
Tech Apprentice

hey guys looking for some help here. i put together my mtx-3 the other night and havnt gotten a chance to run it yet. and i might this weekend. so i just plan on tweaking the suspention and all the stuff. but it seems a little hard to adjust the camber and all of that. i was just wondering how all of you guys adjust it since there is only a hole there and i dont really have anything that small enough that i can jsut keep spining it to adjust it. and i was wondering if some one could give me a basic set up to use. i have had an R40 for a few years now and i was just going to use kinda the same set up with -2 rear and -1 front camber....1 degree toe in rear and 0 front with a ride height of 6mm. any help would be great.
thisisagame24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:16 PM   #16772
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I use a 0.5mm allen wrench, it is small enough and it's an L shape whichI can use to turn the camber rod. As for the setup, go to mugen's site and you would find several setup sheet for you to choose from.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:49 PM   #16773
Tech Initiate

Default Front Universal

Guys,

Does the MTX-3 come with a Front Universal or just One-Way? And if it does where can I get the front universal from, thanks.
BeBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:59 PM   #16774
Tech Apprentice

the kit comes with a one way. but i saw some where that is possible to turn it in to a spool which i still cant find out how to do....any one know how i can do that becuase i really dont like one ways
thisisagame24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:30 PM   #16775
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisagame24
the kit comes with a one way. but i saw some where that is possible to turn it in to a spool which i still cant find out how to do....any one know how i can do that becuase i really dont like one ways
You can't turn the front one way into a spool. You can build a locked diff for the car if you want to.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:34 PM   #16776
Tech Apprentice

hey guys, i was just wondering if you know where i can get the manual for the MTX-3 from the net.

*For Sale, CT4S with a heap of parts*
ViperSkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:37 PM   #16777
Tech Apprentice

Nevermind. Found it

*For Sale, CT4S with a heap of parts*
ViperSkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 09:57 PM   #16778
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
You can't turn the front one way into a spool. You can build a locked diff for the car if you want to.
There is a way to turn the oneway into a spool it has todo with getting rid on the one way bearing putt a solid peice of metal in and making a hole and putting a grub screw in.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:25 PM   #16779
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hav_lova
There is a way to turn the oneway into a spool it has todo with getting rid on the one way bearing putt a solid peice of metal in and making a hole and putting a grub screw in.
I guess I should have said there is no easy way. Some aftermarket one ways have a hole you can add pin to lock it.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:04 AM   #16780
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
I have never had to replace the center adapter. I don't do it the way ASW describes. I use the stock parts and just tighten the set screw that pushes down on the balls until the two speed shoes separate from each other. Run some gap between the shoes. Test fit the shoes on the 2nd gear hub and make sure it doesn't rub. If you separate the shoes this way you will not have to replace your center adapter.
I never change the center adaptor either. The rest is like yours : "tighten the set screw that pushes down on the balls until the two speed shoes separate from each other. Run some gap between the shoes. Test fit the shoes on the 2nd gear hub and make sure it doesn't rub".
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 05:15 AM   #16781
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBop
Guys,

Does the MTX-3 come with a Front Universal or just One-Way? And if it does where can I get the front universal from, thanks.
I think that you mean a front diff not a universal right? The car comes with a front one way but you can buy a front diff for the car. ashfordhobbies.com usually has the housing then you just need the gears and outdrive stuff that is in the rear diff.

You can also get front and rear CVD's for the car. Hope this is what you were looking for.
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 05:26 AM   #16782
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey guys i'm looking for a little bit more snappiness out of my clutch down low on launch. It's not so much a concern when i use my modded TZ as the thing has so much power i don't need such a snappy clutch response but when im using my RB i really want to get all the punch i can get.

I'm using the stock spring and stock shoe. And i have a gap of .31mm or so when i move it backwards & forwards. What would be the easiest way of getting more punch i killed two thrust bearings before i really got a good clutch setup now im wondering if i open the gap to .50 mm will the thrust bearing have a shorter life? I'm not a fan of having to consider thrust bearings perishables.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:32 AM   #16783
RR
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
I win almost all my races in 2006 with 1 clutch shoe. It's up to you. I already share my secret.

wow

you win alot of races...

hmm... then i should get tips from you ...

thanks in advance first
RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:29 PM   #16784
Tech Initiate

Default MTX-3 and 4 Parts

Guys,

Are the parts for the MTX-4 can be used on the MTX-3 and vice versa?

Thanks
BeBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:10 AM   #16785
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Some parts are compatible most aren't.