R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-01-2006, 02:48 AM   #16471
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
\

I was incorrect. My MTX 3 had a 24t pulley. I know Mugen has made some 23t pulleys as the first batch of the MTX4's had 23t pulleys. (My kit came with both 23 and 24 tooth pulleys). If you contact Mugen directly, you should be able to find one.
Consider it done..... I replaced with 23t hehehe...... Next week I have GP race and see what happen.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 03:54 PM   #16472
Tech Master

well got the brake problem all worked out and found somthing new ...

its like the rear belt is the wrong size... 3/4 of a turn or so it feels like it binds and jumps a tooth.. the rear pulley is 19t ... and stock rear diff pully.

I've checked both pulleys for wear or debris and found none.. the rear belt is new.... I'm at a loss as to what I should look for now..
onnetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 05:52 PM   #16473
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I made a new top plate for my MTX3 out of plywood as a prototype (second pic). Just a few changes I think would help the car. I incorporated a place for a fifth body post, I moved the steering servo, the throttle servo and the receiver more to the center, I moved the fuel tank more to the front and a little to the center and left more material between the fuel tank and pipe for strength. In order to move the fuel tank I had to modify the battery tray (first pic). If you have any opinions on it feel free to share them also if you have any ideas to improve it even more, let me know. The pdf file is actually pretty close to scale, if you print it and cut it out, it fits the car nicely. The third pic is not the actual top plate but a realistic drawing.
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MTX-3-batt_tray_mod1.jpg   Mugen MTX-3-mtx3_top_plate_proto1.jpg   Mugen MTX-3-1.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf mtx3_top_plate1.pdf (5.9 KB, 106 views)

Last edited by mistercrash; 04-17-2006 at 09:29 AM.
mistercrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 10:34 PM   #16474
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me if the mtx4's second speed shoe adaptor (where the two 3mm bearings sits on the second speed clutch shoe) is compatible with the mtx3's ? I am having problem of the second speed shoe adaptor malfunctioning to often. The 3mm bearing tends to eat into the adaptor and jamming the two speed clutch in the process.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:51 AM   #16475
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Chris West

Quote:
Originally Posted by devious17
Can anyone tell me if the mtx4's second speed shoe adaptor (where the two 3mm bearings sits on the second speed clutch shoe) is compatible with the mtx3's ? I am having problem of the second speed shoe adaptor malfunctioning to often. The 3mm bearing tends to eat into the adaptor and jamming the two speed clutch in the process.
i dont get quite what you mean do you have a pic i can help if you do as ive got both cars
Old 04-03-2006, 02:53 AM   #16476
Tech Master

Hi Chris

Here is the item that I was trying to describe.The standard ones tends to fail when the balls eats into the flat area of the adaptor creating a groove on it. When that happens the balls will over run the flat area and jam the two speed clutch open.

Last edited by devious17; 03-12-2009 at 06:38 AM.
devious17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 03:23 AM   #16477
Tech Regular

yep mate they are the same piece same part number aswell same material (steel) just make sure you can see both balls throght the gap and you should be sweet

Chris
Old 04-03-2006, 03:29 AM   #16478
Tech Master

Thanks Chris, that is exactly what I did and after a while (like almost a 3 liters of fuel) the balls groove the flat area and gets stuck open........which got me thinking , what if I file the groove away and dial in the balls a little further,hmmm........I'll update when I get it done.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:48 AM   #16479
Tech Regular

you might need a new one if it has worn too much
Old 04-06-2006, 06:22 AM   #16480
Tech Adept

Default Need help with gears

I am going to race in a ver large (huge) track and I know that i need to change my gears. Currently I have the stock ones in my car and I did not try them on the track yet.
Somebody could give some advise on what gears are the most convenient for me? Thank you very much!

I realized that the search engine is not the best one. I tried to used it but addresses me to the whole thread...
Pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 11:42 AM   #16481
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe
I am going to race in a ver large (huge) track and I know that i need to change my gears. Currently I have the stock ones in my car and I did not try them on the track yet.
Somebody could give some advise on what gears are the most convenient for me? Thank you very much!

I realized that the search engine is not the best one. I tried to used it but addresses me to the whole thread...
I'm going to super big track this sunday for national race series.

I will be using 58/22 first gear and 52/29 second gear.

Check the pdf attachment,
Attached Files
File Type: pdf mtx3-gearratio08m.pdf (15.0 KB, 105 views)
Old 04-06-2006, 12:26 PM   #16482
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Thank you ASW! I am still using 1.0 Module, but the information was useful.

For huge tracks... (for both 1st and 2nd gears) we have to go:

Largest pinion gear and smallest spur gear... Right?

Thanks again.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:38 PM   #16483
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe
Thank you ASW! I am still using 1.0 Module, but the information was useful.

For huge tracks... (for both 1st and 2nd gears) we have to go:

Largest pinion gear and smallest spur gear... Right?

Thanks again.
Pepe: Just don't let the really fast guys with super hot motors try to lead you down the straight away too far, if your out of top end just let off a little and coast it into the first turn. I know the guys you are going to be running against, and they spend a lot of $ on motors...........
Paul
Old 04-06-2006, 12:47 PM   #16484
Tech Adept

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Pepe: Just don't let the really fast guys with super hot motors try to lead you down the straight away too far, if your out of top end just let off a little and coast it into the first turn. I know the guys you are going to be running against, and they spend a lot of $ on motors...........
Paul
Hi Paul!

Do you remember me? Are you going to race at Brandywine?
Yes you are right, those guys are very fast, not only with good kits/engines but skills too.
I will follow your advise because I need all kinds of them since I was out of the hobby for years. I feel like I am learning everything from zero. I know you are good with bodies.... which one is the "hottest" body out there? I still have a brand new Opel Calibra that I am planning to use initially.
I hope I'll see you soon.

Peace,

Pepe

Last edited by Pepe; 04-07-2006 at 06:19 AM.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:40 AM   #16485
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Paul
Remove carburator restrictor could help extra rpm.