R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2003, 12:01 AM   #1621
acs
Tech Adept
 
acs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: 06 Worlds Track ^
Posts: 204
Default

Have you compared their weights to the plastic parts?
acs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 12:20 AM   #1622
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by acs
Have you compared their weights to the plastic parts?
Very very light, only a few grams if anything.

I took off the stock radio support, you can twist the stock part pretty easily.

This was the only issue I ever had with the car, no more hop-ups required :

I have on it :

-Universals
-Alloy hubs
-Al Engine mounts (they weight pretty much the same as stock ones)
-Sato rear brace
-Sato radio support
-Light weight centax shoes

Watch out Manti, Im after your hop-up record!
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 12:24 AM   #1623
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Novarossi
Very very light, only a few grams if anything.

I took off the stock radio support, you can twist the stock part pretty easily.

This was the only issue I ever had with the car, no more hop-ups required :

I have on it :

-Universals
-Alloy hubs
-Al Engine mounts (they weight pretty much the same as stock ones)
-Sato rear brace
-Sato radio support
-Light weight centax shoes

Watch out Manti, Im after your hop-up record!


have you weighted your car yet?

I am surprised that my MTX3 with body (without fuel) weight 1660gm !!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 12:31 AM   #1624
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


have you weighted your car yet?

I am surprised that my MTX3 with body (without fuel) weight 1660gm !!
Did you remember to install the engine?

If anything, I've added weight.
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 12:34 AM   #1625
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Novarossi
Did you remember to install the engine?

If anything, I've added weight.



So, now you dont need to run around the track to look for drop out bones ? the mugen CVD are tough ! My Mugen CVD for MTX2 seems last forever. not sure about the CVD for 3
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 12:51 AM   #1626
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 927
Send a message via ICQ to Cartman
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Novarossi
Got myself some Sato goodies today, let me tell you the quality is outstanding!

Have you got a link to the company and any pictures? how do i contact them?
__________________
Dremel UK - Schumacher Racing - Vapextech UK - MBModels UK - MRT
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 12:53 AM   #1627
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Cartman
Have you got a link to the company and any pictures? how do i contact them?
i believe the sato stuff is made by local Mugen dealer here but the hopups are cheap and good.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 12:54 AM   #1628
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

when I said good quality is something GPM stuff cannot compare. the sato is somewhat very close to kawahara stuff quality.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 12:59 AM   #1629
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
when I said good quality is something GPM stuff cannot compare. the sato is somewhat very close to kawahara stuff quality.
I think its better Moon. I had a real close look at the items, machined perfectly, fit perfectly and work perfectly. I will be very keen to see what else they have to offer!
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 01:16 AM   #1630
Tech Elite
 
Corse-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 2,121
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


have you weighted your car yet?

I am surprised that my MTX3 with body (without fuel) weight 1660gm !!
Ummm.

Have you painted your body yet?

I'm not weighted my car yet, but my NTC3 weights 1708 grams and seems that the MTX3 weights a little less. Lead time!!!

If needed to put ballast on the car, what would be your best place to put some lead?

Have here some putty from train shops that I bought several years ago, massage like putty and turns soft, put whatever you want and let dry and turn hard. Anyone knows where I can get some?
__________________
Cheers,
Corse-R
---
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 01:43 AM   #1631
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
Ummm.

Have you painted your body yet?

I'm not weighted my car yet, but my NTC3 weights 1708 grams and seems that the MTX3 weights a little less. Lead time!!!

If needed to put ballast on the car, what would be your best place to put some lead?

Have here some putty from train shops that I bought several years ago, massage like putty and turns soft, put whatever you want and let dry and turn hard. Anyone knows where I can get some?
i believe you are talking about the plastic 2 parts epoxy.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 01:54 AM   #1632
Tech Elite
 
Corse-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 2,121
Default train modelling putty

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
i believe you are talking about the plastic 2 parts epoxy.
No, is something used by train modellers to give some ballast to figures and pieces of their dioramas, this putty contains a heavy weight metal and some putty, because is reusable if you put on warm water and isn't intended for bonding or welding.

BTW: How about your MoneR? have some friends with VoneR that needs some help, they are tyred of being spanked each weekend.
__________________
Cheers,
Corse-R
---
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D

Last edited by Corse-R; 01-16-2003 at 01:56 AM.
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 01:57 AM   #1633
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: train modelling putty

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
No, is something used by train modellers to give some ballast to figures and pieces of their dioramas, this putty contains a heavy weight metal and some putty, because is reusable if you put on warm water and isn't intended for bonding or welding.
well, i think it is something similar to those thing fixing the glass plate to the window frame in old days.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 02:03 AM   #1634
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default Re: train modelling putty

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
No, is something used by train modellers to give some ballast to figures and pieces of their dioramas, this putty contains a heavy weight metal and some putty, because is reusable if you put on warm water and isn't intended for bonding or welding.

BTW: How about your MoneR? have some friends with VoneR that needs some help, they are tyred of being spanked each weekend.
Maybe this (or something similar)



I know one of the guys at our track used it on his stinger once. Its rock solid (feels almost like metal). It came in a difference tubing, about $8 at a autoshop.
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 05:34 AM   #1635
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Windy City
Posts: 222
Default

where do you get the sato stuff?
Nytrochaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:11 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net