R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-28-2006, 11:11 AM   #16306
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by devious17
Todays weather was excellent! I can foresee buggy days are coming back once again.

The mtx3 ran in a total of 14 tanks full today. First time running a one way in front............I think I will switch back to diff next time. The early throttle off really gets to me, I kinda prefer charging down a corner and braking at the very last moment while chucking the car into the corner. With the one way braking is like almost virtual! I had to change my braking style to merely jab at the brakes for a split second otherwise the car will spin. I guess it is time to fully utilise the ABS braking system and retard the throttle exponential to eliminate on throttle spin on my 3Pk. Has anyone use ABS and throttle exp to run your car with one ways? I'd appreciate a base setup or any setup that your are usiing on your Tx now.

Crashed a few times trying to learn the one way handling.Also did one "long flight" crash, cliped an island at full speed and sent the car airborne no less than 5 meters.

Maybe I should give it a few more runs to see if I can adapt or really hate it that much.

practise and patience ........if my wallet can hold on that long

need new shell again.........
Reduce brake EPA, maybe like 40% - 50%. I'm using 40%, so I can safely brake at mid corner without spinning. I marked red circle where I applied brake ( if I feel understeer ).

I don't use ABS function in my 3PK..... Maybe it won't solve the rear spin problem because it still lost the traction at initial brake anyway.... I don't know. Wanna test it ?
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MTX-3-mid-corner.jpg   Mugen MTX-3-mid2.jpg  
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 12:05 PM   #16307
Tech Elite

Quote:
The mtx3 ran in a total of 14 tanks full today. First time running a one way in front............I think I will switch back to diff next time. The early throttle off really gets to me, I kinda prefer charging down a corner and braking at the very last moment while chucking the car into the corner. With the one way braking is like almost virtual! I had to change my braking style to merely jab at the brakes for a split second otherwise the car will spin.
Do yourself a favor and get the teflon brake pads (yellow ones), braking with those is much easier and progressive.

BTW: MTX3 with foams the way to go is with front-one way. Overtaking the turns, jamming the brakes and trying to throw the car into the curb can look spectacular, but is slow on the chrono, much better to try to get a more constant speed and being gente (in fact, if you have such problems of getting excessive wear of the rear tyres).
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 12:24 PM   #16308
Tech Fanatic

Location: Everybody wants to go to Heaven..... but Nobody wants to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
Reduce brake EPA, maybe like 40% - 50%. I'm using 40%, so I can safely brake at mid corner without spinning. I marked red circle where I applied brake ( if I feel understeer ).

I don't use ABS function in my 3PK..... Maybe it won't solve the rear spin problem because it still lost the traction at initial brake anyway.... I don't know. Wanna test it ?
asw, senayan trak was the thumbnail, wasn't it ?
krisnata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 12:38 PM   #16309
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisnata
asw, senayan trak was the thumbnail, wasn't it ?
yes
Old 01-28-2006, 06:17 PM   #16310
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corse-R
Do yourself a favor and get the teflon brake pads (yellow ones), braking with those is much easier and progressive.

BTW: MTX3 with foams the way to go is with front-one way. Overtaking the turns, jamming the brakes and trying to throw the car into the curb can look spectacular, but is slow on the chrono, much better to try to get a more constant speed and being gente (in fact, if you have such problems of getting excessive wear of the rear tyres).
I knew you were going to say that,yes, I am on the teflon pads a long while ago. I will try the ABS function to kick in throught the braking into corners trying to simulate my braking technique like I was on diff still.

Tyre wear? I ran used front 42(HPI) for smaller diameter and new 40 (GQ)rear yesterday and the rear still wears out faster.

rcabj,asw7576 , yeah, I have increased the brake linkage length but not the EPA, will try out the ABS and let you know.

By looking at your braking spot you are braking much later than i am, I guess I need to reduce the brake further.Will try the EPA this time.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:15 PM   #16311
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

for those of you who are using 16/19 belts, i now have them instock again and listed. if interested, please PM me for more info.
Thanks!
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:22 PM   #16312
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

I'm thinking of buying a brand new mtx3 kit at my LHS...unless anyone has a prospec vs for sale or something? Ran at FBF (Floyd bennet field) today and I wasn't really impressed with my R40. Think it's bout time I finally make that change.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:23 PM   #16313
Tech Elite

Quote:
Tyre wear? I ran used front 42(HPI) for smaller diameter and new 40 (GQ)rear yesterday and the rear still wears out faster.

By looking at your braking spot you are braking much later than i am, I guess I need to reduce the brake further.Will try the EPA this time.
As I told you previously, tyre wear is a matter of how you drive, how you setup your car and many other things, you cannot pretend drag race on each straigh, smash the brakes when a turn is over and try to conserve your tyres. Doesn't matter how hard tyres you may try, you'll ever wear much your rear tyres than fronts.

He can brake much later because he drives and maintains a driveline who keeps the car stable into the curbs, he can be globally faster than you, just because he enters with the car under control and he can accelerate earlier because their car is stable, he will overlap you in few turns, I could be for this.

Don't try to make up a por set-up car going agressive, the key is to keep the most constant speed around all the track, doesn't matter if you at the backstraight go over 90Km/hr if you need to brake up to 10 just to take the turn. Get some fresh tyres, start over from the stock setup and try another time with one-way.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Old 01-28-2006, 08:32 PM   #16314
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
I'm thinking of buying a brand new mtx3 kit at my LHS...unless anyone has a prospec vs for sale or something? Ran at FBF (Floyd bennet field) today and I wasn't really impressed with my R40. Think it's bout time I finally make that change.
Sorry, don't be fooled by the 'attractive' prices of MTX-3 is a good, but old car, all we have it, we're proud of it, but the MTX4 is out there since some time and the way to go is the MTX4.

The '4' is way better than the '3', I have all two and each day I'm faster and faster than with the MTX3. For me the retire time of the MTX3 is very near, probably on two weeks or three.

Buy whatever you want, but my advice is to get the new kit, the ProSpec looks really good, but the MTX4 is better and you will have plenty of spare parts for this model for some time, Mugen told that spares for '3' will be out there for some time, but didn't told for how long.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:45 PM   #16315
Tech Elite

GOod call then. I'll think about the 4 and how I'd get it. I'd be out of a TC for a while, but more time to get the 8th running.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:11 PM   #16316
Tech Elite

Wait, doesn't most of the 4 fit anyway? I mean surely it's all driver, but I guess having the MTX4 is kinda nice. A friend of mine ran a mostly box stock MTX3 and he dominated over a lot of racers at revalation.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:44 AM   #16317
Tech Master

Agreed with corse-R, go the mtx4 way. My LHS told me there will be spares for the mtx3 for another year to come but untill it runs out of parts I will stick to the mtx3 untill I get my stuff right

corse-R, you are right about the setup and all, after all I am considered a rookie in 1/10 still, lots more to learn.Thanks Dude, appreciate it.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:31 AM   #16318
Tech Master

After one hard day at the tracks today I finally realised one way is so much better and the best part is I could still throw the car into corners BUT minus the rear anti roll bars. Today the mtx3 clocked 9 tanks of fuel and one good set of foams. The ABS function was great BUT it drained my Rx battery too fast so Ihad to turn it off and reduce braking EXP to 48%,just enough to slow the car down and EPA to max out at just harder braking.

Half way through I got into engine problem, the middle screw had plans of it's own and it gave me one heck of a day trying to find out why on rolling sprint the engine boggs like a hog..........darn screws.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:00 AM   #16319
Tech Champion

Quote:
After one hard day at the tracks today I finally realised one way is so much better and the best part is I could still throw the car into corners BUT minus the rear anti roll bars. Today the mtx3 clocked 9 tanks of fuel and one good set of foams. The ABS function was great BUT it drained my Rx battery too fast so Ihad to turn it off and reduce braking EXP to 48%,just enough to slow the car down and EPA to max out at just harder braking.

Half way through I got into engine problem, the middle screw had plans of it's own and it gave me one heck of a day trying to find out why on rolling sprint the engine boggs like a hog..........darn screws.
If you increase the height of rear upper link ( lets say 6mm ), the car is more forgiving in middle of cornering and more stable under hard acceleration.

Btw, I don't use stabilizer at all front and rear. I feel more sideways grip. Get traction roll problem ? Shave the front tires 60mm, Rear 63mm. More negative chamber especially front if it exhibits traction roll.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:27 AM   #16320
Tech Master

Thanks asw7576, I will try the 6mm rear camber link too.

I was a coincident(actually I forgot) that I took off the rear roll bars cause the kFactory's brace was missing a set screw,then it hit me "lets try without ém" and I like it a lot.

I dont have a tyre truer to reduce the foam tyres unfortunately, what I am doing now is to rotate the front tyres from the previous set heh heh...used front with new rear everytime........it is becoming an expensive affair.