R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-25-2006, 06:05 AM   #16291
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

recently ran 60wt front and 50wt rear on 42shore foams, blue 1.7 mugen springs........didn't like the understeer a bit....changed to 50wt front and rear and now feeling much better.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:19 AM   #16292
Tech Rookie

Is K Factory the only place where I can get a lightweight 2speed shaft ?
Gemnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 09:40 AM   #16293
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

you can get others like the one by Skyline
i know it says it's for MTX-4, but the 2-speed shaft is the same for the 3 and 4
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:06 PM   #16294
Tech Master

What wt diff oil do you guys run on a relatively new high bite semi technical tracks? I will be runing one way front (for the first time) and a 50kwt diff oil at the rear. Wanted to go 30kwt but ran out of it so 50kwt it is for now......wonder if it'll throw like the 1/8's do into corners
Old 01-26-2006, 12:20 PM   #16295
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by devious17
What wt diff oil do you guys run on a relatively new high bite semi technical tracks? I will be runing one way front (for the first time) and a 50kwt diff oil at the rear. Wanted to go 30kwt but ran out of it so 50kwt it is for now......wonder if it'll throw like the 1/8's do into corners
Done some tests in the past and found that 30k on the MTX3 goes really fine on large tracks.

If you're going to a smaller and technical track, maybe you can do some dirty trick I tried in the past. Go with a 30k or go with a 50k but remove the o-rings that goes on the planetary gears to free it a little (is very noticeable, done it on the past when I've run out of a diff oil and worked for me).

If you want to trow the car into the corners like 1/8, you need to have a very good setup for your car, think that entering into the corners like this demands a lot to the tyres and the engine.

Better to have the clutch well adjusted to avoid as much stress as possible.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:45 PM   #16296
Tech Master

Thanks Corse-R

My RB V12 is on it's way out so no worries about the engine, I got my clutch tightened and it is showing about 3mm of the shaft from the nut, by this I can jab the throttle to about 50% and the clutch still wont bite.

I do mostly club races and toying with the idea of going RB v15

Corse-R, when you mentioned good setup for throwing the car like the 1/8, what do you mean? More of every settings?
Old 01-26-2006, 04:27 PM   #16297
Tech Elite

Quote:
My RB V12 is on it's way out so no worries about the engine, I got my clutch tightened and it is showing about 3mm of the shaft from the nut, by this I can jab the throttle to about 50% and the clutch still wont bite.
Huh!... 3mm of the shaft from the nut? Really... what kind of clutch spring are you using? Hard? Super Hard?.

I routinely use the Super Hard, the stock weights with a 3mm drill (the lighter ones come with two drills and are 'too light' for my personal tastes ,the red clutch shoe and about 1.7mm of 'shaft' - I suppose you're referring to the nut that locks the flywheel to the crank). This setup along 0.65mm of clutch bell gap gives me a great clutch (enough loose for not touching the shoe and really disconnect the engine from the transmission, less wear of the shoe, and lots of punch when I mash the throttle).

For less traction I go for 0.7 or 0.75mm and gives me a more sweet clutch, less punchy and if I have lots of traction I go for 0.6 to show real muscle.

Is the same

Quote:
Corse-R, when you mentioned good setup for throwing the car like the 1/8, what do you mean? More of every settings?
With a sedan car is quite difficult to have the insane grip that offers Lola based bodies, but, when I referred to this I was thinking on a car with a really quick steering and quick reactions (probably on a setup like you need to use gray springs and almost vertical front anti roll bar...). Sometimes a set of 42's lasted only 15minutes (insane grip and a surface like sandpaper - was a really nightmare to all we were running there).
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Old 01-26-2006, 06:31 PM   #16298
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
you can get others like the one by Skyline
i know it says it's for MTX-4, but the 2-speed shaft is the same for the 3 and 4
Thanks
Gemnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 06:58 PM   #16299
Tech Master

corse-R, I am running hard springs only otherwise I dont think I could push the spring that low. What do you mean by drill ?

The clutch are standard prospec items and yes it is the shaft that I am refering to.

On our local tracks, a vertical roll bar would need at least 38 shore or it'll be understeer fest all day long heh heh
Old 01-27-2006, 12:36 AM   #16300
Tech Elite

Quote:
corse-R, I am running hard springs only otherwise I dont think I could push the spring that low. What do you mean by drill ?
The old 'stock' clutch weights were full (without holes) and someday needed a set lighter than the old but not that much of the prospec ones who came with two holes, so drilled a 1/8" hole on the weights just to remove weight.

That's why I said for a setup for throwing the car into the turns as a 1/8 scale, track conditions should be ones that warrants you will have enough grip, whatever you may do. Be sweet with your car and with a little less spectacular driving (just be on the line) you will be awarded with better laptimes.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:37 AM   #16301
Tech Master

I understand the drill thingy now. Are you refering to making holes on the 4 individual pieces or the one round piece?

My individual pieces are already having 2 holes each and none on the one piece. If you drilled holes on the round one piece wont you have balancing issues?

I totally agree with you on the driving habit but I have this tendency to get agressive when I am chassing someone

Just finished setting the car up ,

42 front 40 rear
50wt all round
-4 rear -2.5 front camber
castor neutral
anti roll bars flatfront and rear(Kfactory item)
5mm front 6mm rear height
3 front and rear droop
3 from top front and 2 from top rear damper mount
one way front and 50k wt rear
25% fuel with 10% castor
2mm raised rear camber link

my usual on the web setup sheet

Drats! the GQ foams I bought has 2mm rear offset .........oh well

Last edited by devious17; 01-27-2006 at 04:38 AM.
devious17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 09:04 AM   #16302
Tech Elite

Quote:
I understand the drill thingy now. Are you refering to making holes on the 4 individual pieces or the one round piece?

My individual pieces are already having 2 holes each and none on the one piece. If you drilled holes on the round one piece wont you have balancing issues?
Did the holes on the 4 small pieces (weights), not on the round one (clutch shoe).
Old 01-27-2006, 05:54 PM   #16303
Tech Master

I have even seen modified clutch shoe, some made grooves on it for ventilation and some cut out parts of the shoe to reduce weight. They'll try anything
Old 01-28-2006, 08:09 AM   #16304
Tech Master

Todays weather was excellent! I can foresee buggy days are coming back once again.

The mtx3 ran in a total of 14 tanks full today. First time running a one way in front............I think I will switch back to diff next time. The early throttle off really gets to me, I kinda prefer charging down a corner and braking at the very last moment while chucking the car into the corner. With the one way braking is like almost virtual! I had to change my braking style to merely jab at the brakes for a split second otherwise the car will spin. I guess it is time to fully utilise the ABS braking system and retard the throttle exponential to eliminate on throttle spin on my 3Pk. Has anyone use ABS and throttle exp to run your car with one ways? I'd appreciate a base setup or any setup that your are usiing on your Tx now.

Crashed a few times trying to learn the one way handling.Also did one "long flight" crash, cliped an island at full speed and sent the car airborne no less than 5 meters.

Maybe I should give it a few more runs to see if I can adapt or really hate it that much.

practise and patience ........if my wallet can hold on that long

need new shell again.........

Last edited by devious17; 01-28-2006 at 08:23 AM.
devious17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 09:43 AM   #16305
Tech Elite

Default one way and brakes"

wow 14 tanks....like one full day of racing, ...with a one way u only need to adjust the braking so that the car will not spins when full braking...no need to use abs....
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote