R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-29-2005, 04:04 PM   #15991
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default MWS Cicy

Anybody have a setup for Hamilton(Cincy)? I have a OSTZ in it. I have both .8 and 1.0 gears. What ratios work well? I don't want to buy them all. I heard 45 shore tires were going to be the hot ticket..? Sound right? Thanks,, LMK
977 EVO2, Matrix tires, Picco power.
Please drive responsibly
TeamCarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 06:16 AM   #15992
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Negative Diff

I have seen pictures of the Kawahara negative diff, what type of track is this for? Anyone with experience with it?
Old 10-03-2005, 07:14 AM   #15993
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big KAT
I have seen pictures of the Kawahara negative diff, what type of track is this for? Anyone with experience with it?
I have heard its for very open and high-traction tracks, but I don't know for sure. I have never used it, nor know anyone on my track that does.
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 10:05 AM   #15994
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting

The negative diff and others like the TCD diff are about the same as far as on track performance. I have found that on tracks where there are big fast corners but still one or two slow corners these can be helpful. What happens is they lock up like a spool in fast corners and staits but act like open diffs in slow corners so you can get through them. Down side: they are unpredictable on on other types a tracks becasue the diff locks and unlocks in meduim corners. Just another tool in your tuning box.

Jeff
Old 10-03-2005, 04:48 PM   #15995
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the replies It sounds like it wouldn't be for me, but a interesting tuning option to keep in mind.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:14 PM   #15996
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Does anyone do anything special to their belts to get them any looser in the front and rear belts???
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 07:32 PM   #15997
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

common thing to do is soak the belts in WD 40 for a few days to soften them up a bit.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:38 PM   #15998
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DOCTOR
Does anyone do anything special to their belts to get them any looser in the front and rear belts???
The next time you need belts, buy these! He sell them for front and rear also. They are made by GATES. They are very strong and soft. Thicker then the stock ones.GO HERE
Old 10-04-2005, 07:39 PM   #15999
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slotmachine
The next time you need belts, buy these! He sell them for front and rear also. They are made by GATES. They are very strong and soft. Thicker then the stock ones.
Where?
Old 10-04-2005, 07:44 PM   #16000
Tech Champion

GO HERE SORRY FORGOT THE LINK
Old 10-04-2005, 07:46 PM   #16001
Tech Elite

Ahh, thanks... Already got a bundle of those belts. Can say for a fact that they will last more than any other belt. Does anyone by any chance know an online places where they make custom belts?
Old 10-04-2005, 08:47 PM   #16002
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu
Ahh, thanks... Already got a bundle of those belts. Can say for a fact that they will last more than any other belt. Does anyone by any chance know an online places where they make custom belts?
I`ve had the rear one on all season with no problems. I just put the side one on, and it looks very good so far.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:37 PM   #16003
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to JAG Racing
Default Spur gears a problem

Hey guys, I ran my first series race with my MTX-3 ProSpec and I was impressed coming from the HPI R40 car for the past 1.5 years.

Anyway, I had no problems during a full day of qualifying until the main (of course) where I stripped two 2nd spur gear within the 40 minute race. Gear mesh seems fine and engine mounts are secure. While I havent gotten to look at it I thought I would check to see if there is something you guys might have seen. Any ideas?

I do run the 0.8 gears and I ran 22T/27T pinions with stock spurs.

Thanks in advance!
JAG Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:44 PM   #16004
Tech Fanatic

Check your one way bearing in the first gear, if it is old they can loose their one way action and lock on which causes the second gear spur to strip or it will spit the pinion off the cluth bell if it is a bit loose.
Speedbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:46 PM   #16005
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG Racing
Hey guys, I ran my first series race with my MTX-3 ProSpec and I was impressed coming from the HPI R40 car for the past 1.5 years.

Anyway, I had no problems during a full day of qualifying until the main (of course) where I stripped two 2nd spur gear within the 40 minute race. Gear mesh seems fine and engine mounts are secure. While I havent gotten to look at it I thought I would check to see if there is something you guys might have seen. Any ideas?

I do run the 0.8 gears and I ran 22T/27T pinions with stock spurs.

Thanks in advance!
Things to check. First off, I always run the same tooth difference between the spurs and the pinions. Confused?? Stock spurs are 53/59. Difference of 6 teeth. Your pinions have a 5 tooth difference. This can cause a small problem. This probably is not the problem, but I always keep the numbers the same. Check the 2 speed shaft for wobble. Either remove the engine and then rotate the gears looking for a wooble or with the engine in, rotate the gears and make sure there are no high or low spots in the mesh. This probably is not the problem either. But check it.

The likely problem is you catching air during the main. If the car leaves the groung (hit a dot or something else) it allows the car to free rev which shifts it into 2nd gear. Upon landing the chassis flexes and when it lands it puts all the transmission strain on the 2nd gear.