R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-14-2005, 08:58 PM   #15946
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting

Anyone have a nice MTX-3 spare built front diff or all the parts to built one they can part with? PM me if you do. Thanks

One other thing, this Prospec is so much more tight than my Kyosho's are. Not binding....just tighter fit of parts. Kyosho are good cars too. It's just something I noticed so far. I am looking forward to running it.

JEFF
Old 09-14-2005, 10:30 PM   #15947
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to JAG Racing
Default Mugen

Well, I'll jump on the bandwaggon too... I have been racing R40s for 2 years and I recently purchsed a used Prospec and I am totally impressed with the engineering behind the MTX ProSpec. And I just weighed in at 1698 g race-ready I never got the R40 down in weight this much..... Looking forward to running it !!
JAG Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 07:14 AM   #15948
Tech Initiate

Default MTX-3

My MTX-3 Prospec and R40~~ without enging and tires.. : )
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MTX-3-mtx-3.jpg   Mugen MTX-3-mtx-3-2-.jpg   Mugen MTX-3-mtx-3-3-.jpg  
RCLOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 09:48 AM   #15949
Tech Adept

Talking Chicagoland R/C Club Race

Mugen Only Hey Team Carnage what's up. Larry,Tony and my self had a great time . Our Mugen's where great , to bad you had problems with your pipe . Man If I could keep off the boards. I would have qualifed better. Man my car was great . We may show up for last point race so be ready . Hey have some extra parts I'm a little low. I Only have right side arms.

Last edited by wehbad2003; 09-15-2005 at 10:56 AM.
wehbad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 10:28 AM   #15950
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG Racing
Well, I'll jump on the bandwaggon too... I have been racing R40s for 2 years and I recently purchsed a used Prospec and I am totally impressed with the engineering behind the MTX ProSpec. And I just weighed in at 1698 g race-ready I never got the R40 down in weight this much..... Looking forward to running it !!
If you see any other car than MTX3 Prospec, ( no need to mention name of other cars ), only MTX3 Prospec get the highest quality and durability for plastic, carbon and metal parts. Have excellent but yet simple design of everything for examples, using less screws ( except the tank position and two speed balls are sux ). Have handsome look from above, beneath and side.

Do you know that you can use longer screws to hold the front and rear bulkheads even stronger ( but possibly more weight and more stiff ). I'm using 3x12mm countersunk & button head Ti screws everywhere as long as they are fit.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 11:16 AM   #15951
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to JAG Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
If you see any other car than MTX3 Prospec, ( no need to mention name of other cars ), only MTX3 Prospec get the highest quality and durability for plastic, carbon and metal parts. Have excellent but yet simple design of everything for examples, using less screws ( except the tank position and two speed balls are sux ). Have handsome look from above, beneath and side.

Do you know that you can use longer screws to hold the front and rear bulkheads even stronger ( but possibly more weight and more stiff ). I'm using 3x12mm countersunk & button head Ti screws everywhere as long as they are fit.
My intitial impression:

1) Easy access to Rx holder/cover, makes for a clean look too.
2) steering design looks stable and rugged
3) Nice "open" design (easy to do visual inspections in between runs)
4) The tank is positioned more forward than the R40 which makes easier access when filling up the tank.
5) Nice and light!
6) Easy access to steering linkage
7) Engine removal --Four screws and remove the sidebelt - and you can swap out the engine (the R40 takes a little more work).

Dislikes:
1) I wish the gas tank could be removed from the top.

I am hoping I find that the clutchbell can be removed while the engine remains mounted. Another issue with the R40 is you couldnt access the clutch assembly unless you lifted the engine up slightly.

So far so good! I'll need to work my Avitar soon
JAG Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 12:03 PM   #15952
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576

Hey, don't knock the original MTX-3 kit. I have been running mine since I bought it in March 2002 and it is still pretty much bone stock. The only changes I made to mine was replacing the two speed adapters with the light weight ones, got a blue woven graphite upper deck with matching shock towers, changed to the aluminum wheel hubs (this year), and using an aluminum pulley on the front belt shaft (changed two months ago). Only the woven graphite change wasn't a necessity. Mine, with motor and body, normally weighs in between 1730g and 1785g depending on what brand of motor I am running in the car.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 12:26 PM   #15953
Tech Regular

Need some opinion;
I use LRP engine 3 port turbo,what pipe,how many mm,what manifold,centex adjustment.now i'am using shark pipe 5.2mm,my race is just around the corner.thanx a lot.
afiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 04:06 PM   #15954
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default CHGOLAND

Wayne- Hope to see you guys the 25th! Always close racing with the ST LOUIE crowd!! No worries about parts. Picked up a spare CAR off this web site. I'll be in Toledo trying to stay off the boards there this weekend. Thats the reason for the back-up. Can't have enough spares anyway. lol

Ira- Your not on the road,are ya? You have PM.
977 EVO2, Matrix tires, Picco power.
Please drive responsibly
TeamCarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 12:56 PM   #15955
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to ROBBIE C Send a message via Yahoo to ROBBIE C

There will be many cool things happening for racer's at this weekends Katrina benefit race bodies have been donated for raffle by www.kolorsbykropy.com one 1/8TH scale protoform and one sedan protoform all proceeds will go to the relief fund for those who are less fortunate as us.
Just think one day we might be looking to them for help.

Last edited by ROBBIE C; 09-16-2005 at 01:29 PM.
ROBBIE C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 02:16 PM   #15956
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine

Anybody here try ATS Tires?
Old 09-16-2005, 03:09 PM   #15957
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Qlone
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Anybody here try ATS Tires?
Yeah, I bought a few of them, just to try them out. Durability is excellent, but grip is noticably less than with the Fast tires I normally run...
Qlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 04:19 PM   #15958
Tech Regular

what about mono tires?
moot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 04:26 PM   #15959
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

best grip and wear. i just wish they go a little cheaper or go with the market standard now which is around $10. but i think it's worth the extra $3.

just my .02
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 04:42 PM   #15960
Tech Regular

i pay $15 a pair aus. which is the same price if not cheaper than anything else
moot is offline   Reply With Quote