R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-19-2005, 09:44 AM   #15721
Tech Champion

Seriously..... even under normal use.... the front univ. break apart after two months. And who suggest it ? It was you, man !
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 10:20 AM   #15722
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
There seems some durability issues with the 3racing front universals. I bought maybe 12 set, and few months later I have only 3 set remaining in the box. They either broke at impact or broke apart after few weeks of use.

The Mugen ones are much better but it still break if you hit something hard enough. 3Racing universals are weaker than Mugen despite fatter looks

I have broken around 4 sets of 3racing universals from breaking/hitting... I spent the $30 on the Mugen Universals, and no matter how hard i hit a board, it will come out intact from the impact. I have broken turnbuckles/lower/upper arms and they still in good condition... I have bent only 1 mugen universal but that was from a nasty hit I took on the straightway.
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 10:34 AM   #15723
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

The original Mugen universals are the most durable. Last year I tried a few different brands. Every once in a while I would bend a CVD. The guy that sold parts at the track didn't carry the Mugen CVD because the "off-brands" were less money. The universals on the other brands broke very easily. It actually turns out that the Mugen parts end up being cheaper because they are so much better in quality. In the case of the CVD/universals the Mugen parts are better than any of the other brands.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:45 AM   #15724
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
Seriously..... even under normal use.... the front univ. break apart after two months. And who suggest it ? It was you, man !
I'm pretty sure I suggested to just use front dogbones (because I also use them) if the Mugen universal are not available in the LHS. The 3Racing universal though, is a second opinion if your LHS also don't have the dogbone and if you still want those "universal thingy" on your car
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 10:50 AM   #15725
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to ROBBIE C Send a message via Yahoo to ROBBIE C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu
I have broken around 4 sets of 3racing universals from breaking/hitting... I spent the $30 on the Mugen Universals, and no matter how hard i hit a board, it will come out intact from the impact. I have broken turnbuckles/lower/upper arms and they still in good condition... I have bent only 1 mugen universal but that was from a nasty hit I took on the straightway.
There is a hobby store here in Cali called Speed Shop Rc give him a call he has plenty of Mugen Parts in stock as for the universals I think he sell's them for arround $25.00 he also doe's mail order and is abale to ship anywhere.
ROBBIE C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 11:25 AM   #15726
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniz24
I'm pretty sure I suggested to just use front dogbones (because I also use them) if the Mugen universal are not available in the LHS. The 3Racing universal though, is a second opinion if your LHS also don't have the dogbone and if you still want those "universal thingy" on your car
I have photographic memory, it was the thicker word remember ?

Anyway, It's okay buddy, I won't sue you

Next week hopefully your partner bring N12LL5 from HongKong. I want to mod it and lets make a small bet against JP special edition ? Drag race only, ok?

( I hope JP SE is still NSR based engine otherwise I'm dead meat )

Last edited by asw7576; 08-19-2005 at 11:38 AM.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 02:22 PM   #15727
Tech Initiate

I just wanted to stop by and give a howdy to everyone... I have just aquired an MTX3 ProSpec from a friend.... and wow this car is great. I have read most of the forum and there is some very helpful stuff in here....
ProSpec4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 02:29 PM   #15728
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProSpec4evr
I just wanted to stop by and give a howdy to everyone... I have just aquired an MTX3 ProSpec from a friend.... and wow this car is great. I have read most of the forum and there is some very helpful stuff in here....
Congrats on your car. It is an excellent racing platform. Good luck in your future racing.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:49 PM   #15729
Tech Initiate

Thanks Scott...and I will see you out at the SilverBowl.....I bought Earl's car from him.... he is going to be a snake charmer now.....
Old 08-20-2005, 03:51 PM   #15730
Tech Elite

Quote:
Thanks Scott...and I will see you out at the SilverBowl.....I bought Earl's car from him.... he is going to be a snake charmer now.....
He is so busy trying to opens cans of whoopass, he better be careful or he is going to get bitten by his snake.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:02 PM   #15731
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (98%+)

Quote:

nice avatar Lahey............
Old 08-20-2005, 07:57 PM   #15732
Tech Initiate

Thanks......
Old 08-21-2005, 12:54 PM   #15733
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What effects will happen by taking sway bars off?
performula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 03:40 PM   #15734
Tech Initiate

By taking off the sway bars... the car will roll more while in the corners
Old 08-21-2005, 05:51 PM   #15735
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I was wondering if there is a set measurement when the second gear clutch shoes need to be replaced? My clutch got stuck today. The inside of the clutch bell is 1.151 and the clutch shoes measure 1.172 when it is on the outside of the hub riding on the small ball that is inside of the shoe.( if this makes sence)

It was alot closer when it got stuck todayin the main. Do these measurements sound right?
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote