R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-17-2005, 11:02 AM   #15706
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by factory racer
NOW...IS THAT FROM STOCK FROM THE MTX-3 PROSPEC OR JUST THE MTX-3???CUZ IF IM NOT MISTAKEN..DOESNT THE MTX-3 PROSPEC COME WITH THE TITANIUM PIVOT BALLS?

THANKS

mIKE
i thought the original question was for a stock mtx-3 and that's what i meant. i call the original mtx-3 stock... the prospec is a prospec.
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 11:06 AM   #15707
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default CP?

Jo are you and you bro going to make it to CP this weekend for the West coast nitro challenge? To bad we have to drive 400 miles to be able to race with each other instead of playing demolition derby on the 12th mini Z track.

Later,
Brad
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 11:12 AM   #15708
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

we were originally planning on going but that weekend is my neice's christening. but it will be in LA also. so i told my bro that maybe we should just bring the car with us and race saturday since the christening won't be til sunday. and then it may finish early that we may be able to race the main also but only if we place in the higher mains since the lower mains will be early also. so we'll see.... but whatever happens, i'll bring my car and stuff with me.
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 09:58 PM   #15709
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have a question about the front belt, i have had the last 2 belts that i bought come apart after no more than 2 nights of racing, at my local track that 3 to 5 races depending on how many ppl we get. What is happening is that the outside of the belt is delaminateing and reviealing the kevlar, then all the teeth come off on that part of the belt, all this in less than 10 races.
I was wondering if there is some way to break in the front belt to keep this from happening. or are these just a couple bad belts.
ATXPro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 11:31 PM   #15710
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXPro4
I have a question about the front belt, i have had the last 2 belts that i bought come apart after no more than 2 nights of racing, at my local track that 3 to 5 races depending on how many ppl we get. What is happening is that the outside of the belt is delaminateing and reviealing the kevlar, then all the teeth come off on that part of the belt, all this in less than 10 races.
I was wondering if there is some way to break in the front belt to keep this from happening. or are these just a couple bad belts.
I will assume you are using the stock belts, not the Kawahara belts. It is possible that you got bad belts. I would check the pulleys and make sure there is nothing on the edges of the pulley or even worn teeth that is causing your problem. Check and make sure the pulleys are aligned properly with each other. Also, make sure that everything rolls freely. Something you can do is use the MRX4 front belt on the front of the MTX3. It is wider, and you will need to make sure the pulleys are aligned very well. Because of its width, it probably causes a slight amount more drag, but should last longer.

You can presoften your belts by completely soaking them in WD40 for 2-3 days before you install them.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:53 AM   #15711
Tech Champion

I bet ATXPro4 mistakenly put wrong side of TO133 ( front & center belt pulley holder ). The longer side should be next to muffler. The shorter side to Steering Servo.

Secondly, maybe TO133 is damaged, so it is not aligned anymore.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 01:06 AM   #15712
Tech Regular

thanks for the info, i think ill try the wd40 thing first. It looked to me like the problem was caused by the rubber on the outside of the belt cracking, this is why i was thinking a bad belt. Ill double check the allignment of the belts later.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:40 PM   #15713
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
ATXPro4 make sure the wire for the pipe is not rubbing the belt. If you push the wire to for in the mount it will rub the front belt, I had this happen to me.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:15 PM   #15714
Tech Champion

Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine
Default call these people

Gates makes metric belts for these cars, tell them how many teeth and the width and they can match it up. These belts are tough!!!!!!!!

http://www.gates.com/index.cfm?location_id=534

Last edited by Slotmachine; 08-19-2005 at 10:38 AM.
Slotmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 09:39 PM   #15715
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default centax tunning

what is the best way to setup your centax, i have been running the stock clutch parts but i have all the springs, a gray shoe, and lightweight shoes(4).

what type of performance should i see from these upgrades?
gentleman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 10:02 PM   #15716
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ira
ATXPro4 make sure the wire for the pipe is not rubbing the belt. If you push the wire to for in the mount it will rub the front belt, I had this happen to me.

Yes, the wire that hold the pipe is sticking backward and touch the belt if you adjust the pipe close to the chassis.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:18 PM   #15717
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Dude you are just going to fast. It is also all that hoursepower. I have only lost 2 belts in 3years (almost 3 years now). Always check the pulleys after every run. Are you running spool or one-way? The spool seems to be a little harder on belts.

Good luck Saturday. I will be back out there in 2 weeks. I can't wait to run you in mod boy!!!!! If you need any help call me at the shop bro.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:27 PM   #15718
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Maxey
Dude you are just going to fast. It is also all that hoursepower. I have only lost 2 belts in 3years (almost 3 years now). Always check the pulleys after every run. Are you running spool or one-way? The spool seems to be a little harder on belts.

Good luck Saturday. I will be back out there in 2 weeks. I can't wait to run you in mod boy!!!!! If you need any help call me at the shop bro.
I dont think its all that power, i really just think it was a bad couple of belts.I have the one way up front. next time im out there ill bring the belt and show it to u. I wont be out there for a couple week to race eather, i have some family in town so i have other things i have to do. When i get back out there ill be running in mod though, i dont think the stock guys want me there much longer.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:59 AM   #15719
Tech Champion

There seems some durability issues with the 3racing front universals. I bought maybe 12 set, and few months later I have only 3 set remaining in the box. They either broke at impact or broke apart after few weeks of use.

The Mugen ones are much better but it still break if you hit something hard enough. 3Racing universals are weaker than Mugen despite fatter looks

Last edited by asw7576; 08-19-2005 at 08:22 AM.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:34 AM   #15720
Regional Moderator

Even after a few months you still hit something very hard maybe there's something wrong with your car man LOL
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote