R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-02-2005, 07:59 PM   #15661
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1208
Thanks rcfoolz, I have a tight track and was using the dif, but the car wouldn't turn. I switched to the spool and now the car is real loose, I guess I will have to find a way to get a little more rear bite without making it push like a dump truck.
Thanks Again
last weekend i had the weirdest understeer problem in my rc career...

but after the race i found out that my "bumper holder - the wide type" was bent downwards end to end , and it was scratching the track surface all day long....before that i was wonderin like crazy why my car or me was drivin like awful....
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 09:56 PM   #15662
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

I know I can go on ebay to get a good deal on stuff, but I may just pick up a brand new MTX-3 kit, or prospec. Not entirely sure as the R40 needs to be sold. The Rody V12 will go right into the Mugen and I'll get a new pipe.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:04 AM   #15663
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Get the MTX-3 prospec if you decide on the MTX-3's. The prospec has all the tuning upgrades that the team uses throughout the life cycle of the MTX-3. Everything you'll need in the prospec is there for you. The only thing you'll need to purchase are spare parts just in case you get in a accident at the track. The MTX-3 is a very durable car. Just like any other car in the market, parts will brake depending on how the angle and the speed at impact. Some of the many perks of owning any mugen car are PARTS AVAILABLITY: Tons of hobbyshops carry mugen parts. CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Weather it be on this messege board or calling up mugen, you can pretty much gurentee that you'll get help for any questions you may have. SET-UPS: You can get set-ups on both Japanese and American mugen websites. You can also ask some of the fast locals that have the MTX-3 for a set-up. Im sure they can accomadate you. And the last perk that is probably the most important ( to me that is ): INNOVATION. I will quote Mr. Robbie Collins on this, " The MTX-3 is overengineered. " I am sure that all of mugen products are thoughly tested before hitting the shelves of most hobbyshops. Mugen Seiki's innovation is a method of putting out all ideas until each idea is throughly examined for performance and durability.

Anyways, I don't work for mugen seiki. Im just a racer who supports a company that helps me win races with my mugen cars.
Zac Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 12:19 AM   #15664
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

Yeah I understand. I'm not new or anything. I personally just plan to run mugen as my LHS gets tons more parts than it compared to my R40. I'm waiting for a deal on the prospec if they get one in. I already have an MRX4 running right now. It's just annoying that the lhs always orders less expensive upgrades for my ride then only to tell me it was on backorder and or cancelled. It's a PITA I tell ya.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:58 AM   #15665
Tech Champion

Aargh.... today was disaster race for me My Mugen flips three times during Heat 2, depleted Rx battery during Heat 3, and Main shaft bearing in rear bulkhead quit working during Final
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 03:37 PM   #15666
Tech Regular

i killed a bearing in the rear diff,broke a front belt and bent a front dog bone
moot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 06:25 PM   #15667
Tech Adept

I raced my MTX3 for the 1st time today , great car ,and know know to use unis or cvds in the frint end , just a tap on high speed turn and the bone is ejected , i tried narrowing the front end and using fuel line to space it closer to the outer cup , just gonna get the right parts and be done with it .

My car seemed to need more middle to exit steering , ecspecially on-power , i am runnin the Robbie Collins setup off the mugen USA web site , I tried less castor but ddint help , moving the front shocks out , nope ,both adjustments did the opposite of what i wanted , should i lower the rear camber link at the hub to make the car rotate more ? I like its neutral feel but it is easy to overdive the car , just lookin for more steering .
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 08:23 PM   #15668
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

What type of track are you racing on? Is it a parking lot or a perm. track, what is the tracktion like?
Old 08-07-2005, 08:37 PM   #15669
Tech Adept

Hey Ira , its at tinley park , my car was good just the driver had some issues , but it could be better , the fastest lap was a 17.1 ,i was able to pull off a 17.6 and havent raced onroad for about a year
Old 08-08-2005, 03:26 PM   #15670
Tech Master

Eddie- Thanks again for letting me test drive your car! I can't run out and buy one right now, but it sure is tempting. Unis or cvds might give you a little more of the steering your looking for. Hope to see ya at the Trophy Race at T.P. on the 28th. Since you don't want to run the MWS race the 20th-21st
977 EVO2, Matrix tires, Picco power.
Please drive responsibly
TeamCarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 04:06 PM   #15671
ira
Tech Fanatic

Eddie, when are you going to T.P. next?
I have a good setup for that track, I can e-mail it to you if you want.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:11 PM   #15672
Tech Adept

I will probally be there the next time they race , if you can please send me a setup , like I said my car was good just needs al little more .

Thanks Nick , new cars seem to work good
Old 08-08-2005, 06:53 PM   #15673
ira
Tech Fanatic

Eddie, what is your e-mail address?
Old 08-08-2005, 08:06 PM   #15674
Tech Addict

Default EBAY Sellout.....

SALE

Once again...MTX-3 sellout on ebay....no pricing errors this time...sorry for the mixup on the pipe last time...it ended up selling for $50.

I'm forced to sell out all of my on-road goodies.

For sale on Ebay........ends on Friday August 13 at 8:15 0pm Eastern Time

MTX-3 PROSPEC - LOADED with aftermarket goodies
Ebay Item # - 5992009895

JP Mod X-12 - MIKE SWAUGER'S 2004 Nationals Motor
Ebay Item # - 5992009839

PROSPEC 0.8 Spur Gears - Complete Set with Xtras
Ebay Item # - 5992009779

Standard Spur Gears - Complete Set
Ebay Item # - 5992009773

PROSPEC Clutch - MIKE SWAUGER'S 2004 Nationals Clutch
Ebay Item # - 5992009751

Sirio .12 Turbo 3-port engine - Raced Only Once
Ebay Item # - 5992009746

Set of 4 Shocks
Ebay Item # - 5992009761

I also have MANY other items listed....TIRES, TOOLS, PARTS, along with some other things not yet listed such as more shocks and other CLUTCHES.

My ebay userID is mbivens924 , please view all of my items for details.

You may PM with questions if you like. I regret that I never even got to crank up Mike's motor and race it......should be great fun for someone....for this year I've converted to offroad....with an MBX-5 PROSPEC and JP B-8T of course......
Bivens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 08:13 PM   #15675
Tech Fanatic

what is the eaby number for your spares and tools?

thanks

Mike
factory racer is offline   Reply With Quote