R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2005, 04:43 PM   #15481
Tech Master
 
ROBBIE C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Sunny Cali race land.
Posts: 1,217
Send a message via AIM to ROBBIE C Send a message via Yahoo to ROBBIE C
Default

I sorry I stand corrected.
Here's the part number for a manual you can order T0021
ROBBIE C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:55 PM   #15482
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 443
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Ok so the front belt on my MTX3 is done for, my question is, i have talked to some people that say that u can cut off every other tooth on the belts to cut down on resistance. But how much does this help and how to the mugen belts hold up to this.
ATXPro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:11 PM   #15483
Tech Adept
 
mkristanto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: singapore
Posts: 155
Default clutch spring

i changed my gearing to 0.8 module recently and follows the mtx 3 prospec ration. But i found my low end really bad.

I tried to thighten the clutch but does not really help.
My question is should i use the silver clutch spring (option part) since currently i am using bronze color clutch spring (original from mtx3)???

Can someone help?? Thanks a lot...
mkristanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 11:44 PM   #15484
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Freeport, IL
Posts: 146
Default

Does anybody know where I can get an aluminum front bulkhead for the mtx3?
shadow1208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 04:17 AM   #15485
Tech Master
 
Winner's Circle's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 1,155
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default cutting teeth off of the belt

Quote:
Ok so the front belt on my MTX3 is done for, my question is, i have talked to some people that say that u can cut off every other tooth on the belts to cut down on resistance. But how much does this help and how to the mugen belts hold up to this.
This is not a good idea. The belt life will be very short. Kawahara make low friction belts for the MTX3 that reduce friction without shortening the life of the belt. I have these in stock.

Lee Muse
__________________
Lee Muse
[email protected]
Kyosho ST-RR, Kyosho MP9, Murnan Modified Engines
Winner's Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 04:19 AM   #15486
Tech Master
 
Winner's Circle's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 1,155
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default gear ratio issue

Quote:
changed my gearing to 0.8 module recently and follows the mtx 3 prospec ration. But i found my low end really bad.

I tried to thighten the clutch but does not really help.
My question is should i use the silver clutch spring (option part) since currently i am using bronze color clutch spring (original from mtx3)???
The problem is the gear ratio. The lowest 0.8 gear ratio is higher than the lowest ratio available with the standard gears. This will reduce your punch out of the turn assuming you were previously running the lowest ratio.
__________________
Lee Muse
[email protected]
Kyosho ST-RR, Kyosho MP9, Murnan Modified Engines
Winner's Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 06:35 PM   #15487
Tech Adept
 
mkristanto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: singapore
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
The problem is the gear ratio. The lowest 0.8 gear ratio is higher than the lowest ratio available with the standard gears. This will reduce your punch out of the turn assuming you were previously running the lowest ratio.

Hmmmm ok thanks for the advice....however that ratio is the standard ratio use for prospec....
Well let me experiment again . Thank man
mkristanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 06:39 PM   #15488
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: pocono's of pa
Posts: 30
Default Check it out

www.rcauctionhouse.com
inthedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 06:43 PM   #15489
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: pocono's of pa
Posts: 30
Default Check it out

www.rcauctionhouse.com
inthedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 07:12 PM   #15490
Tech Regular
 
gonzoY5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 392
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkristanto
Hmmmm ok thanks for the advice....however that ratio is the standard ratio use for prospec....
Well let me experiment again . Thank man
Check your clutch setup. it makes a huge difference. The .8 Prospec gear setup will give plenty of bottom end. Make sure you have enough spacers before the first clutch bearing so the bell spins free without rubbing the clutch shoe. I usually just add until it wont rub anymore then add 1 more shim. Then set the endplay. If you've got the lightweight shoes and the super hard spring, start with the clutch nut about 9mm from the end of the crankshaft. That's a usually a good start for me then adjust the spring again accordingly till you get the accelleration that you want.
gonzoY5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 08:12 PM   #15491
Tech Adept
 
mkristanto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: singapore
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzoY5
Check your clutch setup. it makes a huge difference. The .8 Prospec gear setup will give plenty of bottom end. Make sure you have enough spacers before the first clutch bearing so the bell spins free without rubbing the clutch shoe. I usually just add until it wont rub anymore then add 1 more shim. Then set the endplay. If you've got the lightweight shoes and the super hard spring, start with the clutch nut about 9mm from the end of the crankshaft. That's a usually a good start for me then adjust the spring again accordingly till you get the accelleration that you want.
Yes i did the clutch setup already and it works just fine with 1.0 module. The clucth nut setting is already 10 mm if remember correctly.

I think i need to change to super hard spring since i'm using the standard spring.
Wat setting and ratio you run currently?
mkristanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 07:37 PM   #15492
Tech Fanatic
 
P-DUB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 842
Default

Hey Robbie....Did you ever get a bumper from Darin or Mike? If not, let me know and I will get one on the way

Paul Wynn
__________________
Larry Pryor
P-DUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 08:31 AM   #15493
Tech Fanatic
 
SpeedChair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 800
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Starter Box

I have a starter box setup for a Mugen MRX-3...does anyone know if I can use the same setup without moving the plugs for the MTX3. That would be awesome if I can...Thanks ahead.
SpeedChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 01:24 PM   #15494
Tech Adept
 
Fsturbo15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 170
Send a message via AIM to Fsturbo15
Default 16/19

I want to go 16/19 but I dont have a tire truer, do you guys still think its worth doing if I cant true my tires,

I hear you have to true the fronts if you use 16/19.

Think i'm better off with the stock pulleys?
Fsturbo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 04:30 PM   #15495
Tech Apprentice
 
chris-steele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.Ireland
Posts: 62
Send a message via MSN to chris-steele
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzoY5
Go to this sitehttp://home.tiscali.be/be067749/58/ and it should answer many of your questions. Look at the Touring Car Setup Guide
hi your URL does not work.
chris-steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:17 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net