R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-01-2005, 11:07 PM   #46
MTX
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
hhmmm....... maybe your dog or cat pee on the carburator inlet ???

seem that your pet had ever pee on your Rc stuffs also huh? so you get this kind of experience b4
MTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 05:13 AM   #47
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to sonik

ok i managed to get the p/s to move a bit , i used about 7/8 zip ties in the end, but now how do i get it out , i have been trying to pry it with flat screw drivers but it just damaging the outer edge of the p/s and the crank case, is there an easy way ?

heres a pic of where its at.

sonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 05:43 AM   #48
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonik
i have heard wd40 is no good when using engines with the red putty stuff in the crankcase , it eats it away , need to use something else that's easy o the red stuff.
Dude i think the red silicone is the least of your worries now just try the WD40
TRAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 05:50 AM   #49
Tech Apprentice

i was going to try the wd40 just not on the red silicone is all , the crank shaft might be ok , dont want to kill it ,just incase it is fine ,

do you mean to put wd40 down the side of the p/s to try and free it up a bit ? cos that should be ok anyway cos its not near the red stuff , i am gonna try that , but my wd40 is in my car and thats not here at them minute , gonna have to wait till later , unless i find my old tin ,
Old 07-02-2005, 05:57 AM   #50
Tech Master

Yep take the backing plate off and the heatsink as you have done and hold the engine upside down and spray through the backing plate around the sleeve.

Hope it frees up.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:05 AM   #51
Tech Apprentice

thanks , i'll try that out
Old 07-02-2005, 07:26 AM   #52
Tech Apprentice

i think i just noticed what is making the sleeve get stuck , its a bit of cabll tie stuck in one of the ports , i have tryed to move it with force but it is stuck fast :blink:

any idea's as to how to get it out ? heres a pic

Old 07-02-2005, 10:57 AM   #53
Nitro Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonik
ok i managed to get the p/s to move a bit , i used about 7/8 zip ties in the end, but now how do i get it out , i have been trying to pry it with flat screw drivers but it just damaging the outer edge of the p/s and the crank case, is there an easy way ?
Remove the clutch,and all other removable parts.(there is a o-ring under the carb holder!) Heat crankcase with hair dryer to around 100C it may help. You needs brand new bearings and remove all rust. Use water and washing-up liquid to wash the crankcase after you remove the bearings. I think your engine still fine after some proper process.
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 07:03 PM   #54
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey dude,

Buy a fucking new motor!!!!!!!
sKiMpYbOy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 07:55 PM   #55
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sKiMpYbOy
Hey dude,

Hey dude,

Your an absolute genius.

Sonik, good luck with your engine.
sjr456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 09:48 PM   #56
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sKiMpYbOy
Hey dude,

Dude, no need for that sort of language
Hesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 11:55 PM   #57
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Yeah, I don't think he can do any worst of that $300 engine............might as well open everything up, ask a lot of questions, and see what else need to be replaced in order to bring this baby alive.....you will never know, may be for about $100 of parts, the engine will be like 90% new....never know....but shoudl be a lot of work....

Again, WD40 does help to fight against rust....I would even spray a 1/2 bowl of it and let the whole block take a bath for a day or 2........it can only help more then harm.....
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 06:53 AM   #58
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Dude that really sucks i'm not sure how you'd get that bit of cable tie out maybee use another cable tie lol to pry the sleeve out i normally use a small flam headed screwdriver and sort of use a leverage effect...dont try to twist the screwdriver you'lll wreck everything... in all honesty i wouldnt have high hopes for this motor but it can be an awesome learning curve for you and it is possible to get it running just will take a lot of work i really do hope it all works out for you i truely do feel sorry for you....

Unrelated question but what car do you have it in?
Old 07-03-2005, 09:21 AM   #59
Tech Apprentice

this is definetley a learning curve for me lol, thanks to all those that are helping me out , and not taking the piss, like: buy a new engine ?? this was/is a brandnew engine, so glad everyone on forums are not as childish , otherwise there would be no point to forums !!

but i have done it now , lol , ripped out the p/s , looks like i'll be needing a new p/s for sure anyway , lol, but its still stuck .

oh btw HAV-LOVA it was in a mtx3, i got another mtx3 with idm , and i love it , shame about this jp, but i will see how it moves oneday ,

ROOKIE i think i will soak them all in a bowl of wd40 when i have everything out

i'm not having any luck with this jp , to tell the truth it's put me of them a bit , cos all my other engines are fine and all the ones i have sold on aswell ,
Old 07-03-2005, 09:35 AM   #60
Tech Master

OMG dude wtf happened to the sleeve? how did you manage to do that lol?

Im guessing u didnt try the WD40 soaking did you? o well

Nothing wrong with Jps im on my 6th all great engines