R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-20-2014, 08:39 AM   #76
Tech Master

I don't think control tyre is a good idea. It will kill other manufacturers, however, the organiser can't control the tyre sauce cheating.
choisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:26 PM   #77
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPXJOE View Post
thanks arahawak!

im so interested in more details on the WC.

tires
registration fee and what it includes (i hope tires)
the schedule of free practice weeks before the race
fuel brand
other amendments in the rulebook for 200mm if any etc etc
Are you aware that its by invitation only? To be invited you have to finish in the top 50 of the previous years nationals from your country.
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:30 PM   #78
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
Are you aware that its by invitation only? To be invited you have to finish in the top 50 of the previous years nationals from your country.
i know i have to apply in my local national organization and fyi in my country the nitro onroad players are not more than 40 people and not all 40 of them are currenty active to begin with. maybe in your country its hard to enter due to the big market size your country has. and for the record, i podiumed the last 4 races which included last year's races.(i dont mean to brag,i just want to answer your question)
Old 01-20-2014, 10:44 PM   #79
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by choisan View Post
I don't think control tyre is a good idea. It will kill other manufacturers, however, the organiser can't control the tyre sauce cheating.
me personally, i agree with choosing the manufacturer of tire you want but i also want preferably a controlled tru and no saucing control. the reason is we have to buy already a tire truer which is expensive(which i have bought already) and to add to that, we will still have to buy a saucing machine which makes it more expensive. and it was not allowed in chiba japan so why allow saucing now?

or have a control sauce as in, a third party will sauce the tires before the tires will be given to the pitmen on pitlane, thats an option if many believe that saucing cannot be policed. if u cant police it, control it at least?

i also want personally, a controlled tru. because in formula 1, electric onroad, and i think all racing motorsports, a specific class should have a set diameter of tires. its not like kimi raikonen has bigger tires than fernando alonso. same for electric rc. so why make it different for foam tires? thats just my take but ifmar rules for sure
Old 01-21-2014, 06:43 AM   #80
Tech Master

the nitro market is diminishing every year. if the sponsored racers and the manufacturers are not behaving themselves. they are killing their bread and butter. my point of view is restricted(single) tyre supplier will kill the others by taking away competition.
if this can happen, why doesn't the ifmar set the race as one make, only one brand of chassis, engine, body,.......i don't see any difference of comparing it with control tyre.
race is talking about competition, sportsmanship but not isolation nor elimination.
and the affecting factor in the past to introduce control tyre was the integrity of some sponsored drivers, they allegedly using tyre sauce versus others none.
look at the lipo battery and brushless motor, these products on one hand making the hobby easier for new joinee, they don't need to spend so much time such as lathing the brush,........on the other hand, it kills a lot of the peripheral accessories.
choisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:11 AM   #81
Tech Addict

Yes I agree with choisan,at least have all tire brands available if possible, but for me, I recommend a control tire truing for any brand of tire.

For saucing, sauce or no sauce I'm game because at the end of the day, I want to experience a world championship.that's all that matters for me. If theirs saucing,I'm betting on xceed!hehehe! See you all there!

Last edited by GPXJOE; 01-21-2014 at 08:29 AM. Reason: add
GPXJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:59 AM   #82
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

the 1/8 worlds in japan used multiple brands but in a set shore pre trued hand out tires seamed to work out ok, did not see a bunch of bitching

Yes I race a Snake, VP, Radiopost,Protek,EDS,Matrix
Team Nitro RC Club Lynwood, IL
azeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:12 PM   #83
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
Why not the track is going to be the same for everyone regardless
Well, to name a few:

-Noise, on an indoor location and with the current loud exhausts you will need ear protection. Otherwise you will risk hearing damage after one day of attending.
-Fumes, with 10 cars on the track almost every moment of the day you will need a really, really good ventilation system in order to not choke in exhaust fumes.
I don't think such a system is realistic (financially) for a rc track.
-Indoor track, with an 'indoor' layout. It's simply not a nice layout for a nitro car. Track consists mainly out of hairpins and, small, slow corners. Off course it's really nice to have a covered track so the weather doesn't influence the race, however the concision's that had to be made in order to be able to cover the track are too big if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choisan View Post
the nitro market is diminishing every year. if the sponsored racers and the manufacturers are not behaving themselves. they are killing their bread and butter. my point of view is restricted(single) tyre supplier will kill the others by taking away competition.
if this can happen, why doesn't the ifmar set the race as one make, only one brand of chassis, engine, body,.......i don't see any difference of comparing it with control tyre.
race is talking about competition, sportsmanship but not isolation nor elimination.
and the affecting factor in the past to introduce control tyre was the integrity of some sponsored drivers, they allegedly using tyre sauce versus others none.
look at the lipo battery and brushless motor, these products on one hand making the hobby easier for new joinee, they don't need to spend so much time such as lathing the brush,........on the other hand, it kills a lot of the peripheral accessories.
It's very simple why we, and all other high level motorsports, have or have gone to a single make tire: it's almost impossible to check.
All other stuff like chassis dimensions or motor specifications can be checked/measured with easy to use tooling. This makes it possible to enforce the rules in the rulebook.
With the whole tire additive situation this can be thrown out of the window, it's impossible to check tires for additive.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:25 AM   #84
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeroth View Post
the 1/8 worlds in japan used multiple brands but in a set shore pre trued hand out tires seamed to work out ok, did not see a bunch of bitching
Yes absolutely and I expect the same situation will be present for this event. IFMAR will write to the manufacturers of the tyres and fuel and ask which is prepared to support the event. The competitors will then have to choose which tyre brand and fuel brand they wish to use. So long as each brand has a minimum of 20 drivers wishing to use their product then it will be available as a control tyre at the WC. You will buy 7 sets ahead of the WC and then practice tyres and extra finals tyres will be available at the track. These will be pre-trued and you will get a random set just before your qualifying or final run. It worked very well at the 1/8th WC and I am very happy to use this system for this event.
Serpent Viper 977e EVO2, Serpent Viper 988 GP, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.1, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:28 AM   #85
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
Well, to name a few:

-Noise, on an indoor location and with the current loud exhausts you will need ear protection. Otherwise you will risk hearing damage after one day of attending.
-Fumes, with 10 cars on the track almost every moment of the day you will need a really, really good ventilation system in order to not choke in exhaust fumes.
I don't think such a system is realistic (financially) for a rc track.
-Indoor track, with an 'indoor' layout. It's simply not a nice layout for a nitro car. Track consists mainly out of hairpins and, small, slow corners. Off course it's really nice to have a covered track so the weather doesn't influence the race, however the concision's that had to be made in order to be able to cover the track are too big if you ask me.

It's very simple why we, and all other high level motorsports, have or have gone to a single make tire: it's almost impossible to check.
All other stuff like chassis dimensions or motor specifications can be checked/measured with easy to use tooling. This makes it possible to enforce the rules in the rulebook.
With the whole tire additive situation this can be thrown out of the window, it's impossible to check tires for additive.
Have you ever raced IC cars indoors? I have and it is not the problem you believe it to be. Furthermore Huge RC is only a covered track with the sides of the building open and so plenty of ventilation. They are running IC cars on it now and there are videos posted on Youtube showing this even 1/8th run on the track well. It is not too small. I am going to the TITC event for 190mm Electric touring car and F1 next month and so will be able to report back on what I think after the event if anyone is interested. Personally I can't wait and I have had my entry confirmed by EFRA today so I am a very happy bunny
Serpent Viper 977e EVO2, Serpent Viper 988 GP, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.1, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:36 AM   #86
Tech Elite

Another huge benefit of the pre-trued control tyre is not having to carry the heavy tyre truer on the plane leaving more room for other stuff!
Old 02-06-2014, 03:29 PM   #87
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

So who's coming?
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:58 PM   #88
Tech Elite

I am! Entry confirmed last week
Old 02-07-2014, 12:31 AM   #89
Tech Addict

I'm in!
Old 02-07-2014, 12:53 AM   #90
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

We are waiting on confirmation...
blis is offline   Reply With Quote