R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Gt 8 short or long chasis (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/764419-gt-8-short-long-chasis.html)

tbo713 10-12-2013 12:47 PM

Gt 8 short or long chasis

Gt 8 long or short chasis what are the pros and cons of both because I own the long version team c car and it handles better than my dm-1 spec ever did so before I purchase the short version I need some insight

British Menace 10-12-2013 07:27 PM

Not sure if you realized ..... you probably do.
The only parts you need to make your long chassis Team C GT into the short is...
The short wheelbase chassis
and the shorter rear center drive shaft.

Although if you were thinking of running both classes ...... it would be a pain swopping everything else over every time.

BM

tbo713 10-12-2013 07:49 PM

I would rather just buy the kit and have them both

TerribleTy 10-13-2013 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by tbo713 (Post 12626821)

I had at one time both Team C cars short and long. I had the long chassis coming from the Inferno Race Spec and man was I happy with the upgrade. I then decided to get the short so I had both to use on different tracks. The long chassis very quickly became my backup car and the short was the go to every time. I wouldn't hesitate to go short chassis if you are running long. You are in for a nice surprise. The gap you see between the DM and the long chassis Team C is close to the gap you will see between the long and short chassis. This is just my experience with the kits, I have run Serpent for the vast majority of my GT racing. For my driving style and how I like a car to feel one it has to be orange :) and two the short wheelbase turning monster is where its at.

You are in a good position here. If you go for it and like it well thats a win. If you go for it and dont like it you now have a back up for all but two pieces of your car. If you are anything like me having an extra chassis around for breaking in new motors and so on is worth it too.

tbo713 10-13-2013 10:10 AM

In love how the long version handles with my upgrades and I have done well against the serpent cars but I just want to try it and maybe pick up one used

tonylunatic 10-13-2013 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by tbo713 (Post 12626821)

I have both now Team C long for IGT8F "SPEC" & Short for the "OPEN/PRO$" Class.

The Short does have a good advantage over the long in the cornering department. It's seems to be on rails, almost like a slot car feel very reactive to your input.

The long handles great and is easy to drive, with a decent setup. I like how you can smash the throttle out of a turn and the long chassis just takes the power and makes the car straight. The long has a Cadillac feel very smooth and boat like but drives well.

My long is bone stock no upgrades and has motor and tires to fit "SPEC" rules. Pics will be posted tonight on IGT8F thread and site.

My short is all Pro, all aluminum hardware, every RcShox upgrade (dual stage shock pistons, upgraded Ackerman kit, bearing kit, one way upgrade, and gears) my NEW LRP Light version arm braces for the Team C and a Reds WC7 motor retrofitted for GT racing!

This season should be very interesting :)

tbo713 10-13-2013 07:42 PM

For my driving style the long version has been working and I refuse to drink the orange kool aid

British Menace 10-14-2013 04:54 AM

What did you find the difference in handling betwean the two chassis was?

Was it just that the longer chassis is more stable?

Do you find the longer chassis does not 'turn-in' quite as good as the short chassis version?

Regards,
BM