Wiki Posts
Search

Engine Troubles PLZ HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 05:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Engine Troubles PLZ HELP!!

I am having troubles with my GS15R Engine, i am running it in a FW-05S, There is no problem in starting the engine and running say at a quarter or close to half speed, but if i go to full throttle it stays there for about a second then guzzles and if i do not ease off the throttle it dies.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem would be great
Old 06-21-2005, 06:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi hoggy,
I have that engine in a V-one-S, sounds like your fuel mixture is set wrong. What are your high and low speed needles set to? Have you finnished breaking your engine in?

Dishy
Old 06-22-2005, 01:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

the engine is broken in and i dont know exactly how the high speed needle is set at about 2 turns and low speed needle sits flush. i try leaning out the engine using the high speed needle as i thought it may just be running too rich but it does not make a difference.
How do u know if the low speed needle is right?
Old 06-22-2005, 02:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Actually it sounds like your high speed is too lean. Try richening the high end.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

My suggestion would be to richen the hi speed needle at least 2 full turns (counter clockwise), give the car a drive and see if this has cured the prob....if not, or if its worse......then start leaning the car out from here......only go 1/12th a turn at time and then give it a test drive.....keep repeating this till its running normally.
It doesnt sound like a low-speed issue to me as its happening higher in the rev range but bear in mind you`ll have to retune the low end after setting the main needle.
Theres some good engine tuning info here-
www.cefx.net
Hope this helps
Cheers
Old 06-27-2005, 10:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sorry to take so long been sick.
If your low speed needle is flush it is most probably too lean. This can also affect you top end when you first go to full throttle. I would turn your low end out so that it stickes out about 1/2 a mm or maby a bit more. This will possibly raise your idle speed but you can deal with that once you have the needles set right. At 2 turns out your top end is also probably too rich which is why it dies after a second at full throttle. Slowly turn the high speed needle in about 1/8 of a turn at a time testing it between each change until you get to about 1 and 1/2 turns out. In short your low speed is probably too lean and your high speed is probably too rich. Richen the low speed and then slowly lean the high speed needle. Hope this helps.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Also what is your Nitro percentage?