R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-01-2013, 06:22 AM   #46
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

BM by ROAR finally adopting the class the GT world will see more advancement by manufacturing companies than you can ever imagine. Some notable companies only build cars to race for world or national championships. I have been racing GT and supporting the GT community for a long long time... IGT1(retired), IGT2 (retired)Serpent GT and the Lino XRAY GT conversion ( Pan American championship winning car ) are all in my stable.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:41 AM   #47
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pressure View Post
BM by ROAR finally adopting the class the GT world will see more advancement by manufacturing companies than you can ever imagine. Some notable companies only build cars to race for world or national championships. I have been racing GT and supporting the GT community for a long long time... IGT1(retired), IGT2 (retired)Serpent GT and the Lino XRAY GT conversion ( Pan American championship winning car ) are all in my stable.
I do agree with you sir.. I do.
I just so wish they would do a more professional job thats all.

I have been around racing and more importantly rule and race regulators, not only in R/C world but in full scale with F1 and before that the BTCC series with Renault, for over 30 years so I beleive I have some reference to be critical.
It can be all too easy to make rules, regs and lay down the law from a desk. I call it "Keyboard Courage"...
... it hardly ever ends up helping the sport concerned or the people in it when and if half hearted or ill conceived ideas or decisions are made.

I'm spouting off again.
Sorry to those in this thread.

Regards
BM
Old 11-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #48
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboi33 View Post
I'll be getting a couple of them
Dee you just bought that same body from me! its the Hoboa made Maclaren replica!! Maybe Serpent will get it licensed for the US, that would be nice
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I really 'hate' to post this but I guess it's inevitable that someone will ask, might as well be me:

What about the Kyosho Ceptor body? It is a body created to avoid licensing problems and conflicts but looks VERY much like a 'GT' car....

BUT, since it's not 'licensed', at first thought it might not be legal other than it meets the criteria up to the point of licensing.....
Old 11-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #50
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

The issue for the most part is short chassis body choices that are legal. Long isnt going to be that big of a deal.
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #51
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

BM...the open dialog is good for the hobby Im sure by now ROAR sees the passion of GT racers. I will support the GT8 rule of the Tracks I travel to. The Inferno GT was my first Onroad 1/8th scale. The BMW M3 body made it a must have. I remember racing in my first GT race and watching the seasoned racers with excellent driving skills and set up knowledge skills pack up and laugh at Inferno GTs trying to complete a lap without spinning out or a tire coming off as we ran the very last race of the day. . Foam tires were the first solution but the cost made it seem "not Fun" . Efforts by Ipanema with tires and transmission conversions lead to a cult following that grew "underground" for years. Kyosho stock tires were ok but soon replaced by Ipanema and then Sweep and Alphas. With ROAR aboard Im sure more companies will start to produce Tires and Bodies that will appeal to the most finicky GT racer. ( Im holding out for a BMW m3 gt alms). And I must admit I left onroad GT racing for a year because they were not considered "serious" TOY RACE CARS. I dabbled in every class of racing but GT has always been my favorite. The realism of the bodies and the rubber tires along with the durability just offered more stick time than any other class. GT really took off when the same talented racers that laughed at us before decided to pick up a car and apply their knowledge. I think that in the next 2 years as more pro drivers look at the class advancements will be made much quicker than before. Paolo and Desoto racing have really pushed the bar. Scotty Gray and Lino showed us at the Pan Am race that the class can be ultra competitive on any chassis. Marcus and Tonys Team C support is excellent and I will make a IGT8F race next year . Now imagine if Sawgger or Paul Lemieux or a Mugen or Team Associated team driver had Team support in the GT class. I believe without ROAR cosigning we would continue at the same snail pace.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #52
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Under IGT8F Class Rules your Ceptor body is allowed in both OPEN/PRO & "SPEC".

Only that in "SPEC" paint or sticker it like real GT race car. That could be one color with masked or blacked out headlights with a #on both doors and some real race car Sponsors. (looks awesome in pictures)

The point to this is to keep the "SPEC" class as real as possible to attract newbies. Spectators dont know or care whats underneath the body. Any adult or child can instantly relate to a real car (Super, GT, ETC) OH thats a Ferrari, that's a Macleran, GT-R etc.
This is what will attract NEW people to the sport, not what brand this and that. Then when they are interested and intrigued, you give them simple or in the case of IGT8F "SPEC" SPECIFIC choices. So they don't get overwhelmed and loose interest entirely. Keeping it simple, ATTRACTIVE and FAIR (everyone running same motor and tires) will grow this sport.

Before I decided to even create IGT8F in took my time and experience and analyzed every possible angle.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #53
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Heres a small view into what fuels my passion not just for GT8, but to truly help and grow this industry. A message I got on Facebook yesterday.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #54
Tech Elite

Quote:
BM...the open dialog is good for the hobby Im sure by now ROAR sees the passion of GT racers. I will support the GT8 rule of the Tracks I travel to. The Inferno GT was my first Onroad 1/8th scale. The BMW M3 body made it a must have. I remember racing in my first GT race and watching the seasoned racers with excellent driving skills and set up knowledge skills pack up and laugh at Inferno GTs trying to complete a lap without spinning out or a tire coming off as we ran the very last race of the day. . Foam tires were the first solution but the cost made it seem "not Fun" . Efforts by Ipanema with tires and transmission conversions lead to a cult following that grew "underground" for years. Kyosho stock tires were ok but soon replaced by Ipanema and then Sweep and Alphas. With ROAR aboard Im sure more companies will start to produce Tires and Bodies that will appeal to the most finicky GT racer. ( Im holding out for a BMW m3 gt alms). And I must admit I left onroad GT racing for a year because they were not considered "serious" TOY RACE CARS. I dabbled in every class of racing but GT has always been my favorite. The realism of the bodies and the rubber tires along with the durability just offered more stick time than any other class. GT really took off when the same talented racers that laughed at us before decided to pick up a car and apply their knowledge. I think that in the next 2 years as more pro drivers look at the class advancements will be made much quicker than before. Paolo and Desoto racing have really pushed the bar. Scotty Gray and Lino showed us at the Pan Am race that the class can be ultra competitive on any chassis. Marcus and Tonys Team C support is excellent and I will make a IGT8F race next year . Now imagine if Sawgger or Paul Lemieux or a Mugen or Team Associated team driver had Team support in the GT class. I believe without ROAR cosigning we would continue at the same snail pace.
I would have readily agreed to your point here .... and partially still do just because of the following ROAR has.
But since IGT8F was formed I think GT racing and on-road in general was going to gather pace, maybe at a steady pace but thats better then" boost" then "bust"
The timing of ROAR bringing these rules has just slowed things down again.

Regards
BM
Old 11-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #55
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post

I really 'hate' to post this but I guess it's inevitable that someone will ask, might as well be me:

What about the Kyosho Ceptor body? It is a body created to avoid licensing problems and conflicts but looks VERY much like a 'GT' car....

BUT, since it's not 'licensed', at first thought it might not be legal other than it meets the criteria up to the point of licensing.....
That really is a very cool body!
Buy it and bring it ...... starting this weekend. IGT8F has their first race of the winter series.

Regards,
BM
Old 11-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #56
Tech Initiate

Quote:
BM by ROAR finally adopting the class the GT world will see more advancement by manufacturing companies than you can ever imagine.
This will be great even for lowly bashers like me. Hopefully it will bring about more chassis and bodies eventually. The GT8 cars are great for parking lot bashers. Everytime I take my TT-01 out after running my IGT, it reminds me how miserable 1/10 touring cars are outside.
Duratrax Skyline- Nova Rossi .12 & Dynamite pipe
Dirk Squarejaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #57
Tech Apprentice

That's superb.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #58
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ready when you arrrrrrrrrrrre..............

Gonna be a great year 2014.

Jacko
Attached Thumbnails
GT8 Bodies-img_1890.jpg  
Victor Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #59
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by James73 View Post

That's superb.
Thanks !!
romuald31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #60
Tech Addict

Hello from France,

the driver wants the same paint scheme for OffRoad and GT8 !!

romuald31 is offline   Reply With Quote