Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Engine Suggestions >

Engine Suggestions

Engine Suggestions

Old 06-28-2005, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Check out A-main results from O'Donnell race last weekend www.revrace.com
Brian Thomas, Ron Calangi and Mark Cruz were using Palmaris engines and Robbie Collins was using Murnan X12. Just check lap time and it will be very good idea which are the fastest motors are and most reliable. We run them at any temp with no performance or life affecting (up to 350F).
But the best motor and the best run was done by Darin Ishitani-JP factory driver.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:00 PM
Tech Initiate

are .12s really that great, cause i like to stay in the 15 and 18s, i was looking for a .18ss by hpi only because im very particular about keeping it company related so my car is all hpi parts
Old 07-22-2005, 01:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Are my eye messed up or not!? O.S. makes an engine with a max of 2 1/4 hp and the price isn't that bad i just wanna know if buggy and on-road engines have any real difference
Old 07-22-2005, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Fsturbo15
Mugen X-12.

It is superior to the NSR12S3 IMHO.

On the straight, where the NSR cant go anymore, the X-12 keeps pulling.

The TRUE Long stroke also helps the engine.

If your geared correctly, its a killer on the straight (150 foot+++)

The NS12 is for smaller tracks. It's a high reving engine and does well on the inner track as well but as I said earlier, it putters out on longer straights (unless geared correctly and shifting correctly).

I would choose the X12 over the NS12 any day. That is why my NS12 has become one of my 2 back up engines. If you want an equivalent to the NS12, take a look at the RB V12 3 port. It retails for about $220.

If you really want a long stroke, and it suits your driving style ... the Novarossi N12LL is an exact twin of the X12.
Im sure alot of people here will disagree with you,but not me.Ive seen both run side by side and the X-12 is definately faster!!
Old 07-23-2005, 07:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Where is the Mugen X12 sold? I telephoned Nitrohouse and even though it is listed on their site they said it is not offered any more my them or Mugen! I also went to the Mugen website and they have only the JP FX series of engines? But back to the main topic, I would get the REX R12LR3 or (novarossi) N12LS3 which I think is the same.(if you can find them). Also, the guy at Nitronouse suggested the RRN3 and offed to have it modded for another $80.00. And all that being said I also have the O.S.tz .12 3-port (fast) but I would like to also get one of the Novarossi based engines (faster) from whomever.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Talking

im here checking out novarossi engines and was wondering if theres a real difference between buggy and on-road i just dont want to spend and it wont fit or runs like crap also what is the most powerful engine for 200 and under
Old 07-23-2005, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by R40LV
Go with the OS 12TZ 3port... you cant go wrong with it......takes no time to break it in and easy to tune..... and idles forever.....plus a rebuild for that engine only costs $75......compared to the price of the others.....plus you can get it modded at EBMods....
Have you got a contact for EBMods? I just got the TZ. Its not broken in yet so might get it moded
Old 07-23-2005, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jye
Whats the fastest motor you guys have seen?
Sirio Evo 3.