R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #91
Tech Regular
 
RoketRdr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 345
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Gonna have to wait til it gets closer. I've got a ton of work going on in the Gulf of Mexico so will have to wait and see what's happening with my rigs. I will make a plan to attend though.
RoketRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #92
Tech Fanatic
 
Joseph16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 788
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoketRdr View Post
Gonna have to wait til it gets closer. I've got a ton of work going on in the Gulf of Mexico so will have to wait and see what's happening with my rigs. I will make a plan to attend though.
Flight booked, cars ready... Are you guys Ready?
__________________
Serpent America & Desoto Racing.
Picco - Arrowmax.
PT RC Racing Oils.
Neal Smith Mods.
Alpha Tires and Body.
Joseph16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:37 PM   #93
Tech Master
 
tonylunatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Seabrook, TX
Posts: 1,066
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph16 View Post
Flight booked, cars ready... Are you guys Ready?
See you there buddy

Hey Doug,
You guys have any deals worked out with local hotels in the area?

Or do they jack up the price s soon as we say RC? LMAO
__________________
Serpent/Desoto Racing USA~Murnan Modified Motors~PTRC Racing Fluids~Flo-Control ~IGTHobbies.com
tonylunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:39 AM   #94
Tech Fanatic
 
Joseph16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 788
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylunatic View Post
See you there buddy

Hey Doug,
You guys have any deals worked out with local hotels in the area?

Or do they jack up the price s soon as we say RC? LMAO
Have a safe trip tony... See you Soon!
__________________
Serpent America & Desoto Racing.
Picco - Arrowmax.
PT RC Racing Oils.
Neal Smith Mods.
Alpha Tires and Body.
Joseph16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:09 PM   #95
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 418
Default

FORGASS race at Homestead GT Results



Podium



The track is in great shape with good traction and low tire wear.

Last edited by desotoracing; 12-16-2013 at 06:36 AM.
desotoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:56 PM   #96
Tech Master
 
tonylunatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Seabrook, TX
Posts: 1,066
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by desotoracing View Post
FORGASS race at Homestead GT Results



Podium



The track is in great shape with good traction and low tire wear.
Well Done and Congratulations! From 4th position to the Win nice

Couple of questions to help us heading down there in a few weeks....

What was the temperature and is it similar to what we should expect in a few weeks?
What tires are working for you guys? (I plan on ordering and only using Alphas this entire next season)
Has anyone hit a 19sec lap in GT yet?

On a side note, I have tired 2 sets of Alpha Qualifiers and they are extremely hard. Any suggestions.

Again Congratulations see you all in a few weeks.
__________________
Serpent/Desoto Racing USA~Murnan Modified Motors~PTRC Racing Fluids~Flo-Control ~IGTHobbies.com
tonylunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:37 AM   #97
Tech Master
 
Doug M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,359
Default GT Video 12-15-2013

Below is a link to the Homestead RC Raceway facebook page. When you go there you will be able to see some of the GT A Main action from the FORGASS Race from this weekend. Thank you Hugh Silvera for sharing your video.

Homestead RC Raceway
Doug M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:13 AM   #98
Tech Master
 
Doug M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylunatic View Post
Well Done and Congratulations! From 4th position to the Win nice

Couple of questions to help us heading down there in a few weeks....

What was the temperature and is it similar to what we should expect in a few weeks?
What tires are working for you guys? (I plan on ordering and only using Alphas this entire next season)
Has anyone hit a 19sec lap in GT yet?

On a side note, I have tired 2 sets of Alpha Qualifiers and they are extremely hard. Any suggestions.

Again Congratulations see you all in a few weeks.
The temperature on Saturday was warm, 70's to low 80's with high humidity. On Sunday it was a bit warmer, 70's to mid 80's with even higher humidity. We have had warmer than usual weather so far this year. In January the normal weather will be 05 to 10 degrees cooler. However, this is sunny South Florida so the weather should be nice regardless of the temperature.

We have had an occasional high 19 second lap over the years, but I do not recall any this past weekend. The track was very good but in my opinion the warmer weather kept the times up in the 20's and 21's for good laps.

I will have to check with Joaquin on your tire questions when I see him.

Looking forward to having you race with us in warm and sunny Miami!
Doug M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #99
Tech Regular
 
Yb2fast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Port St Lucie Florida
Posts: 328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug M View Post
Below is a link to the Homestead RC Raceway facebook page. When you go there you will be able to see some of the GT A Main action from the FORGASS Race from this weekend. Thank you Hugh Silvera for sharing your video.

Homestead RC Raceway
Thank you Doug, it was a pleasure meeting you yesterday and shooting those vids ! HERE ARE SOME MORE VIDS : )

GT FINAL START ! >https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbYMcO6qXdU

GT FINAL LAST 5 MINS ! >https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF2ZmM-8FpE
__________________
GT1/MP777WC, GT2 BRUSHLESS 110 MPH ++, GT1-VE MAMBA PWR, MP777-EBUGGY TEKIN, XRAY NT1, HB D8 HARA, LOSI EIGHT2.0, LOSI EIGHT-T 2.0, Visit my Ebay store RC NITRO DEPOT !
Yb2fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:20 AM   #100
Tech Regular
 
Yb2fast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Port St Lucie Florida
Posts: 328
Default

TonyLunatic, I spoke to many GT drivers that ran the final and they were on Alpha SOFT's ! And they still looked good after the 30 min main !
__________________
GT1/MP777WC, GT2 BRUSHLESS 110 MPH ++, GT1-VE MAMBA PWR, MP777-EBUGGY TEKIN, XRAY NT1, HB D8 HARA, LOSI EIGHT2.0, LOSI EIGHT-T 2.0, Visit my Ebay store RC NITRO DEPOT !
Yb2fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #101
Tech Addict
 
bassman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: UT/TX/IN/PA
Posts: 718
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by desotoracing View Post
FORGASS race at Homestead GT Results



Podium



The track is in great shape with good traction and low tire wear.
Great come back from the flame-out Joaquin!!! Great racing, congrats to all the winners!!!
__________________
Andy Liu "Flyin' Hawaiian"
2015 teams/sponsors:
Serpentamerica/Desoto Racing, Murnan Modified Motors, VP powermaster Fuel, Sweep Racing USA, Speed Passion, BUKU performance products
bassman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:34 AM   #102
Tech Master
 
Doug M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,359
Default Confirmed entry list Dec. 17, 2013

Confirmed entry list for the Pan American International 1/8 GT Grand Prix.

GT Sportsman Class
Juan Corral Quito Ecuador
Doug McNeely Florida USA
Gabe Acosta New York USA
David Larry Florida USA
Hector Montaner Florida USA/VEN
John Wong Florida USA
Howard Stamen Florida USA

GT Pro Class
Courtney Townwend New York USA
Chad Kiffe Texas USA
Marcos Silva Curitiba Brazil
Aja Archibald New Jersey USA
Tony Luna Texas USA
Joaquin Desoto Florida USA
Jose Almonte New York USA/DR
Daniel Ortiz Texas USA
Harry Barzilay Florida USA
Juan Chalas Puerto Rico/DR/USA
Carlos Sanchez San Juan Puerto Rico
Ricardo Jordao Florida USA
Paolo Morganti Florida USA
Marcus Williams Texas USA
Eduardo Romero Texas USA
Josio Gonzalez Arecibo Puerto Rico
Samuel Zayas Bayamon Puerto Rico
Christian Zayas Naranjito Puerto Rico
Cleyton Lima Natal Brazil
Maxy Velazco Florida USA/VEN
Joel Abreu Santo Domingo Dominican Republic

Sign up and information at Homestead RC Raceway

Follow Homestead RC Raceway on facebook
Doug M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #103
Tech Master
 
tonylunatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Seabrook, TX
Posts: 1,066
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yb2fast View Post
TonyLunatic, I spoke to many GT drivers that ran the final and they were on Alpha SOFT's ! And they still looked good after the 30 min main !
Thanks for the info, your post got smashed between two post and I didn't catch it earlier.

So Alpha Softs, thanks again.
__________________
Serpent/Desoto Racing USA~Murnan Modified Motors~PTRC Racing Fluids~Flo-Control ~IGTHobbies.com
tonylunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #104
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylunatic View Post
Well Done and Congratulations! From 4th position to the Win nice

Couple of questions to help us heading down there in a few weeks....

What was the temperature and is it similar to what we should expect in a few weeks?
What tires are working for you guys? (I plan on ordering and only using Alphas this entire next season)
Has anyone hit a 19sec lap in GT yet?

On a side note, I have tired 2 sets of Alpha Qualifiers and they are extremely hard. Any suggestions.

Again Congratulations see you all in a few weeks.
This weekend Alpha Soft worked the best. They had good grip and after the 30 minute final they still looked pretty good. This weekend no one hit a 19 lap, 20.3 was the fastest lap. It was warm (mid 80s & sunny) so that probably kept the times up a little.

Also, this was the first race at the track in a while. We hear a lot of people will be coming to the race in January so the times will drop from the added rubber of the FORGASS race the weekend before and all the extra cars running on the track.
desotoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #105
Tech Regular
 
Yb2fast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Port St Lucie Florida
Posts: 328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by desotoracing View Post
This weekend Alpha Soft worked the best. They had good grip and after the 30 minute final they still looked pretty good. This weekend no one hit a 19 lap, 20.3 was the fastest lap. It was warm (mid 80s & sunny) so that probably kept the times up a little.

Also, this was the first race at the track in a while. We hear a lot of people will be coming to the race in January so the times will drop from the added rubber of the FORGASS race the weekend before and all the extra cars running on the track.
Joaquin Desoto !!! I really enjoyed the way you handled your bright orange serpent the last 5 mins of the GT race...as you can see when I shot the video I was fully focused on you and all I can say you were pushing that Roma to its limits and occasionally losing even traction in the chicanes!!WOW !!!...Congrats and see you at round #5 FORGASS in homestead !!
Hugh Silvera......
__________________
GT1/MP777WC, GT2 BRUSHLESS 110 MPH ++, GT1-VE MAMBA PWR, MP777-EBUGGY TEKIN, XRAY NT1, HB D8 HARA, LOSI EIGHT2.0, LOSI EIGHT-T 2.0, Visit my Ebay store RC NITRO DEPOT !
Yb2fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:13 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net