Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shims for my Serpent cobra gt wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 06:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Shims for my Serpent cobra gt wheels

Hello has anyone install shims on there serpent gt cobra wheels, to remove sloppiness in the wheel and if you did what is the part number for the shims and where is the best place to install them shim on the wheel....
Old 09-28-2013, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Hello,
I have never had to use any shims on the wheels....with the correct 17mm hex type wheels it is a direct fit and then you just tighten down the nut and ur good.

They do have an upgraded nut that is serrated to bite into the plastic wheel and when I switched to those, I have never had a wheel come off while running.

If you are trying to widen the track width, they do have different hexes for that and a pair of hexes come with a pair of upgraded wheel nuts as a bonus. Or they sell the nuts in a pack of 4.

The part numbers are listed in the manual and then search on serpentamerica.com

If you are talking about slop on the outer hinge pin, there are shims that came in the kit for that. It's a tuning option to move the hubs on the pin.

Hth.