Wiki Posts
Search

CVEC is under new ownership, here is CVEC's R40

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

it would actually have looked better in the picture If I had bothered to wipe the fingerprints off it......but late at night,who's thinking of details..
Old 07-13-2005, 07:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is the car I was running, when I was sponsored by CVEC / JAC Pro Fuel / Space Coast Hobbies / and of course Paintin Pete

Old 07-13-2005, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jea3
This is the car I was running, when I was sponsored by CVEC / JAC Pro Fuel / Space Coast Hobbies / and of course Paintin Pete

nice monotuning tires!
Old 07-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Tech Addict

Yup, I was trying them out. I like them, but I've stuck with either Ellegi or HPI tires.

Car looks good like that though..
Old 07-16-2005, 10:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=fastharry]this pipe fit like a glove......I ended up using a RB gasket(same as Nova rossi)...made the fit a tad smoother....other than that,a really nice pipe.....perfectly level..the right distance from the belt....yet not touching the body..can't wait to see it run..

I figured I'd try the outlaw pipe also.....look how nice the inner cone is made..

Heyyyy my RD pipe dosen't have that in it
Old 07-16-2005, 11:06 PM
Tech Master

hey harry when the cvec design is the two time national champion I'll listen to all that noise your spillin. Seein as to how I did the origional design for the cvec years ago (it still can't do what it was intended to do, there are physics that the existing design cannot overcome) and the design for the turbo two's. Its a long story trust me and some friendships were killed over it. The cvec style design was a culmination of my work and a guy named Greg Hill who I raced boats with years ago. Others came into the picture later.However cvec guys I wish you all the success.
D
Old 07-16-2005, 11:41 PM
Tech Addict

Well, the current pipe was designed and tested by me, Joe, a racer that has been racing at Superior Hobbies in Casselberry, FL. But, I will say this. Before I got sponsored, and bought CVEC, I did run RD Logic Turbo II pipes on my touring cars. The current touring car pipe, was designed by me, and RCPAINTINPETE, owner of PNP Hobbies....

RD Logics has helped CVEC in many ways. I wish RD Logics all the success. However, CVEC pipes are tested and tuned by me, here in Florida, the good old USA...

Next pipe up is the Savage 4.6 SS.... We are also working on a mid tourqe / RPM pipe... Current results are ourstanding... We will be testing this pipe at the next Superior Hobbies Point's series event, in two weeks...

We will test it on a Mugen MTX3 Prospec with a brand new Mugen X12 engine, 37 shore tires all around, at 60mm front and 62mm rear...
Old 07-17-2005, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

hey harry when the cvec design is the two time national champion I'll listen to all that noise your spillin

if being a nat'l champion meant so much,how come you're not driving an r40?...No one gives HPI much credit 'cause HARA won...(HE can drive anything!!!!!).....I drive the R40.....and race it....and win with it...So I can talk about it......I bought the RD pipe "cause HARA won with.....I tried it(so I CAN talk about it)...It didn't prove much to me.....(esp. bending the stinger like it did)...I tried the CVEC....it did.....end of story...
Old 07-17-2005, 09:31 AM
Tech Addict

Very good point Harry... The R40 being a two time world champ, and yet people don't give it any credit at all...

On another note, I just picked up an M11 radio last night. Gotta get it figured out before next weekend. Now I'll start using the Spectrum.

Just to clear things up, all the CVEC pipes that came out this year, have been designed by me. That includes the touring car pipes, Jato, Revo, new T-Maxx pipes. No moving parts, meeting ROAR requirements. I've been lucky to have people like Harry buy and test them, and give me honest feedback.

If you have a new CVEC pipe, you are free to email me, or call me at CVEC to tell me what you like, or don't like about the pipes.

Since my family has set 32 national records in NHRA Drag Racing, and we were part of Star Racing with Angelle, we helped with the engine program, and were one of the first ones doing the Harley engines. I think we know a few things about going fast.

Here is a picture of Angelle.

Last edited by Jea3; 07-17-2005 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey anyone want to trade 2 rd logics pipes for a CVEC!!!
Old 07-17-2005, 03:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Default cvec revo pipe

I just got the torque pipe for the revo. The difference is night and day. The truck just keeps pulling. It seems to pull as hard in second as it used to in first. It runs rich with the cvec pipe and i haven't touched the carb yet. Wait till i tune it. The low end is amazing and surprisingly it has a lot more top end as well. But its really impressive in the low to midrange area. I would also like to put in a good word for pnp hobbies. They just opened but they've got the right formula Good parts, good people, and good prices. They carry plenty of replacement and aftermarket parts and new stuff seems to show up every day. anybody in the palm bay area needs to check 'em out.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

Guys, no need to bash any company. This hobby is big enough for all of them, good or bad...

I like RD Logics, and used them up till I bought CVEC... In fact, RD Logics helps me out at CVEC even today. I even helped PNP Hobbies get RD Logics in stock, even though CVEC pipes are on the wall. So please, no bashing a company that has helped me out, okay?

If you read all my threads, I never said I didn't like RD Logics, or any other company. I do have one company in mind that I do not like, but that isn't RD...

Motorman, please don't come in CVEC's thread and bash us. I never came into the RD Logics thread and bashed RD, did I? You guys have some great products, and I personnally use some of them, and sell them too.

CVEC is just a small company, one of the last RC companies making things here in the USA. We have no budget to hire drivers like yourself, or Hara, so we do what we can, with the local crowd. I will be putting a team together to go to some of the ROAR events next year. I will attend all the ROAR events in Florida this year. I look forward to seeing you all there...

Thanks all,

Joe Anderson III
CVEC-Racing
Old 07-17-2005, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

hey Joe.....I cannot believe that you guys were sponsoring pro stock bikes.....

I got the name Fastharry cause of my work with kawasaki street bikes in the 70's.......I sold kawasaki motorcyle's......the #1 salesman on the on the east coast...76 and 77........the first one in NJ to run a American Turbo Pak Kawasaki 900 on the street....My kaw,at ATCO dragway in south jersey, was running 10.80's at 145 on a street tire..I had a legal PRO stock frame on the bike...........I was a charter member of DRAGBIKE!.......the guys that I hung out with raced street bikes....and we had the fastest bikes in 2 states...........and raced an A gas turbo kaw(lawdown bike)..........we also built motors for a few pro stock teams...

BTW,I still have that bike......I sold the turbo kit in 78....and converted the bike to a RC engineering(remember Russ Collins?).......1255 cc,Murray engineering Pro pipe.....airshifter........D and K swingarm..4 inches over stock....
Old 07-17-2005, 06:03 PM
Tech Addict

Wow, we used to rent Atco dragway for testing, with our Pro Stock car. We used to be Anderson & Travaglini, top 15 in the world in Pro Stock. Bill Jenkins, and Frank Iaconios helped us, with engine dyno's and chassis testing.

Our home track was Maple Grove.

I'll scan some pics in for you all to enjoy. We stopped drag racing in late '90s when the car my father was driving had a trans line leak, and he hit the gaurd rail at over 140 mph. He was okay, but decided to go play golf instead now.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

369 7.705 178.57 Joe Anderson Anderson-Travaglini Chev 83 Camaro PRO PA 1985

is that it?......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.