R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-17-2005, 11:23 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Does anyone know anything about this engine?

http://www.rdlogics.com/cgi-bin/cate...5TB&type=store

It is an RDL Team Infinity Katana .12 turbo 5 port. Just interested to know if it is a pos or worth buying for someone who is just a every once in a while racer.
Thanks!
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 12:04 PM   #2

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

If you do buy that motor you might want to try ebay or another source they have them much cheaper.

From what I would figure it should be a good motor. I wanted to try these but went with the STS instead.

I think this is a great deal. Comes with rdlogic turbo II pipe.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

For 170. But the thing is, thats the 512 motor. Im not sure the stats of that. Im thinking the 512tb might be a newer version. You should contact rdlogic to find out before purchasing if you go that route.

But thats a great deal.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 12:28 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

Thanks! The 512tb is the turbo version. I have found a much cheaper price than what is offered at that link above. I just wanted to use the home site for general purpose and accurate discription. I mainly was wondering if anyone has heard anything bad about this particular engine. Granted, you get what you pay for, so that was my only concern. I am barely good enough to run in my local track's stock class (newbie) but I am ready for an up grade in car an engine/pipe. Any other comments and insight about this product is still warmly welcomed.

Thanks!
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 12:49 PM   #4
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to 007kel Send a message via Yahoo to 007kel

I believe these engines are made by Toki, a manufacturer in Japan. They are known for making plane engines. A couple of the guys at the track I run at have them. They are good engines. not hard to tune, and easy to start.
007kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 04:22 PM   #5

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Yeah Ive heard good things as well here and there. I know it may not be worth much. But it does "look" like a nice engine and the stats they are showing also "look" nice.

Also depends on what your trying to upgrade from. But im sure this should be plenty. If I were you I would just go for whats cheapest.

STS / RDL / Team Infinity motor

They are all good budget motors. If not probably the best bang for the buck at the moment.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote