Putoline Castor R oil

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wingracer

Putoline Castor R oil

Old 03-06-2023, 02:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Putoline Castor R oil

Hello all,
I have always added a bit of oil to comercial fuel to make my engines last longer and be more protected. I usually add a few percent of Klotz super-techniplate. However, it has been more and more difficult to find it in European stores. The last time I got a bottle, it came all the way from Sweden to Portugal. It cost 21 Euros for a 1-litre bottle, plus 15 euros for shipping. I was looking for a cheaper and more readily available alternative and came across this oil:

https://www.putoline.com/en/catalogu...castor-r/3186/

It is available in a lot of stores, so it is much more convenient to get, also cheaper.
It mixes well with methanol/nitro fuel, It does not unmix if left sitting for a while and the engine works well and seems happy. I tested it in a cheap engine, a Trackstar rebranded Alpha engine. I did the break-in and plus two liters with it.

Now I am still undecided about using it on more expensive engines, so I was wondering if anyone has used this particular oil and what they think of it.
Thanks!
Old 03-06-2023, 11:15 PM
Tech Lord

It will work, many people even use simple medicinal castor oils from the drugstore.

I use Eurol Racing-1
Old 03-07-2023, 01:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Roelof
It will work, many people even use simple medicinal castor oils from the drugstore.
Yeah. Been there. But it is hard to find a medicinal castor oil without additives. Most of them have soothing agents for skin care mixed in, and are not de-gummed or filtered. Last one I used was good performance-wise, but the engine inside was gummed up real bad after sitting for a month or two. The bearings were seized solid with all the gelled castor. It took a lot of methanol and brake cleaner to free it up.

When I was a kid and used to fly control-line airplanes, I would go to the pharmacy and buy a 2-liter bottle of methanol, and brought an empty bottle to get filled with castor oil they sold by volume. Then I would mix them up and go fly. Good times! No such things right now. It is even hard to get pure methanol these days. Not to mention pure nitromethane, which is downright impossible. Those engines never got gummed up, so, it was a different medicinal castor oil.

Going to give your oil a try. Looks good.
Old 03-08-2023, 10:43 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I've used that, Klotz Benol, Novarossi's castor and a couple others. All worked great.
davidl likes this.
Old 11-27-2023, 02:23 PM
Tech Initiate

You have some pictures for the piston and head using this castor oil ?it will make my decision using it more simple

thanks
Old 11-27-2023, 02:33 PM
Tech Initiate

You have some pictures for the piston and head using this castor oil ?it will make my decision using it more simple

thanks
Old 01-11-2024, 09:14 AM
Tech Adept

Default Putoline Castor R

I have used it.
It works well.
My findings:
Do not use more than necessary.
~5% is what I use. because temps go up.
Avoid low ambiente temperatures it will separate under 35 f
Check the exhaust often it makes more soot than other oils.
please share your experiences. Thanks

Old 01-11-2024, 12:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Nitro5270
I have used it.
It works well.
My findings:
Do not use more than necessary.
~5% is what I use. because temps go up.
Avoid low ambiente temperatures it will separate under 35 f
Check the exhaust often it makes more soot than other oils.
please share your experiences. Thanks
Why are you putting more castor oil in with you fuel?????? People on her say you don't need more oil???? Less is better If you just bought fuel with more oil you wouldn't have to add any more.! Recommended oil lube is 14-18%. If you are using that crap race fuel I can see why you are adding more. It is true and a fact that more oil lube will make an engine run cooler and longer. That's why I only run 18% oil.
Old 01-11-2024, 01:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Oliveirax
Hello all,
I have always added a bit of oil to comercial fuel to make my engines last longer and be more protected. I usually add a few percent of Klotz super-techniplate. However, it has been more and more difficult to find it in European stores. The last time I got a bottle, it came all the way from Sweden to Portugal. It cost 21 Euros for a 1-litre bottle, plus 15 euros for shipping. I was looking for a cheaper and more readily available alternative and came across this oil:

https://www.putoline.com/en/catalogu...castor-r/3186/

It is available in a lot of stores, so it is much more convenient to get, also cheaper.
It mixes well with methanol/nitro fuel, It does not unmix if left sitting for a while and the engine works well and seems happy. I tested it in a cheap engine, a Trackstar rebranded Alpha engine. I did the break-in and plus two liters with it.

Now I am still undecided about using it on more expensive engines, so I was wondering if anyone has used this particular oil and what they think of it.
Thanks!
You can order castor and synthetic oil from Merlin Fuel Spain.
Much closer than Sweden
Merlin is very good fuel by the way 👍🏻