Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
WRC Racing - 1:8 Pan Car Forum >

WRC Racing - 1:8 Pan Car Forum

Like Tree1Likes

WRC Racing - 1:8 Pan Car Forum

Old 11-15-2013, 01:50 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Jason - I just sent in the order for the cars.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Order Placed.....Excited!!

Originally Posted by MrHistory
The all new GT EVO kits are ready to order! Irwin Racing Concepts is offering a one-time special price for all Pre-orders placed this week, ending this Sunday, November 17th.

PLEASE NOTE: The quick release wheel adapters and Front Aluminum Body Mounts are optional parts and do not come standard in the kit. If your heart desires, they can be order from our site.

All preorder customers will receive their kits and parts orders from the first shipment, which will be processed Monday, Nov. 18th, and the shipment will be on its way from Italy in the coming weeks. Our website has a listing of many parts for the kit which can also be ordered at this time, but if you would like to order any additional WRC items not on our site, please contact us with your request. Thank you!
Jason

http://www.irwinrc.com

Old 11-17-2013, 11:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks to everyone who took advantage of the Pre Order Sale!

We will be building our EVOs very soon. The order has been placed and I expect shipment within a few weeks, but please understand I do not have an exact date. Once the shipment arrives in the US I will let everyone know when their cars are in the mail.

I am very excited about the new car and happy to see all the support from you guys. We are going to have a great time in 2014 and I think the class will grow quickly next season.

More soon!
Jason
Old 11-22-2013, 12:34 PM
Tech Addict

I got a Starter Box, 3 Port Nova Rossi, Manifold, Exhaust and Body. I had the electronics. Just waiting for the cars.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ElliotCanada
I got a Starter Box, 3 Port Nova Rossi, Manifold, Exhaust and Body. I had the electronics. Just waiting for the cars.

+1.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:32 PM
Tech Addict

Our order has been processed by WRC. The shipment would have arrive next week if not for the holiday so I expect to receive it the first week of December. If we are lucky I will receive the delivery Dec 2 and ship immediately, however it may arrive while we are at the Kissimmee race, and in this case the kits will ship to customers the following Monday, Dec 9. I will know more once everything clears customs. Hold tight fellas!

Thanks again for your orders! We had a great response to the sale and expect there will be many new pan cars at the track in 2014.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default EVO

Old 12-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Tech Addict

Talking

Got notice that my kits are scheduled to be shipped perhaps today.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Default That's what I'm talkin' about!!!

Originally Posted by ElliotCanada
Got notice that my kits are scheduled to be shipped perhaps today.
Got same notice! I had planned on getting my French Fry (DFX Vortex) back together after my Cincinnati accident first but now I may not make it!!

Gotta clear the work bench!!

Ned
Old 12-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Tech Addict

EVO kits have now shipped to all preorder customers via US Priority Mail so you should have your gear this week! Thanks again to all the new customers and for everyone's support!

The new kit looks pretty cool and is entirely blacked out, including the aluminum parts and even the composite main chassis. I packed my EVO for Florida and will be building it during the race week. Updates to come!

There are only a few remaining kits in stock and some may sell this week at Kissimmee so I would suggest placing an order ASAP if you are planing to get a kit.

-Jason
Old 12-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Default EVO EVO EVO

Originally Posted by MrHistory
EVO kits have now shipped to all preorder customers via US Priority Mail so you should have your gear this week! Thanks again to all the new customers and for everyone's support!

The new kit looks pretty cool and is entirely blacked out, including the aluminum parts and even the composite main chassis. I packed my EVO for Florida and will be building it during the race week. Updates to come!

There are only a few remaining kits in stock and some may sell this week at Kissimmee so I would suggest placing an order ASAP if you are planing to get a kit.

-Jason
Can't wait!

Be careful in Kissimmee. That track is wicked fast! The planes are fun to watch too!

Have fun!

Ned
Old 12-04-2013, 04:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Can't wait!

Be careful in Kissimmee. That track is wicked fast! The planes are fun to watch too!

Have fun!

Ned
Thanks Ned! Enjoy the build and let me know if all goes together the right way. I will do the same.

Jason
Old 12-04-2013, 04:19 AM
Tech Addict

Arrow

Old 12-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Default WRC GT 2013 Build

Not sure when package arrived, but it was here this morning, hours before mail arrived! Never showed up on tracing until after delivery. lol

I got about 5.5 hours building so far and just have to complete throttle/brake servo, receiver, and engine/exhaust to finish. Things went together well but the instructions do not clearly indicate the order of assembly, at least that I could see. This caused me to have to dis-assemble and re-assemble some parts.

Notes from MY build:
The rear hubs need to be completed with bearings and axles before attaching them to the inner carrier with the pillow balls.

The rear dog bone cross pin is too long to fit into the axle/bearing assembly. I ground a few thousandths off the end of the pins to let it move freely on the outer end. The inner end is ok but you may want to grind both so they can go in either way. I put a 1/4 inch wide piece of exhaust tube silicone over the inner drive connector where the dog bone slots are to hold the bone in position while assembling the rear. Don't know how it will work when the car is running but lets me align the bones easily. (I did not grind both ends of the bones' cross pins so they stuck out of the slot enough for the tube to hold them.)

Here was the biggest surprise: you need a shorty, low profile steering servo. I was not aware of that! Also on the steering, the tie rod from the servo to the servo saver seems to be too long. If you shorten it as much as possible, the ends of the rod bind up the balls. I will be putting in a short length of screw without the right/ left adjustability but then the servo arm will be straight up when the wheels are centered.

The screws that hold the vertical supports for the upper a-arms are very short, probably going only 1/2 way into the part. (if I used the correct screws!)

The 3mm pins that hold the upper a-arms are a bit short, IMHO!

Forgot a couple of other things:
The fuel tank needs more clearance in my chassis. The seam where it is put together has some plastic from the joining process protruding. In the front it hits the two radio tray mounts and in the back it hits the rear radio tray mount that also holds the roll over bar. I trimmed the excess material back to the main part of the seam but the tank will still not go into position without hitting the front and back RT supports. I am afraid to trim more as it may damage the tank seal. I will probably remove material from the posts and rear mount.

Another thing to be aware of is that the battery tray takes five AA cells not the more common , in my experience, 2/3A.

These are my observations and may or may not be the same in any other kits, Just thought I'd mention what I saw to allow others to be aware of my experience. Of course there are many ways to solve any issue you may run into...

Have fun building. I expect to finish the car up and get the body mounted and painted tomorrow!

Ned

Last edited by aarcobra; 12-06-2013 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Added info about fuel tank and batteries...
Old 12-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Ned.......post some pics...........looking specifically for details of chassis shape.......does this car have stiffening ribs down the length of chassis??...my
scratch is going together fly by day...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.