Search

Velox V8 "PRO" European Champion 2013

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 08:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Velox V8 "PRO" European Champion 2013

Last weekend Jilles Groskamp takes the European 1/8 Scale Title in
Halifax (UK).
With Simon Kurzbuch and Oliver Mack finished 7th and 9th, we are really happy to set 3 Cars for the 45 minutes main final!
Attached Thumbnails Velox V8 "PRO" European Champion 2013-team_500.jpg   Velox V8 "PRO" European Champion 2013-podium_500.jpg   Velox V8 "PRO" European Champion 2013-v8-pro.jpg  
Old 07-29-2013, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by veloxrc
Last weekend Jilles Groskamp takes the European 1/8 Scale Title in
Halifax (UK).
With Simon Kurzbuch and Oliver Mack finished 7th and 9th, we are really happy to set 3 Cars for the 45 minutes main final!
Good win Jilles! N good job Shep! But u got to admit that car is hard on the eyes! really ugly
Old 07-29-2013, 01:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Love the V8 it's amazing! But I do think the radio plate looks horrid!

The car is a winner though and very very well engineered and I wouldn't run another car if they were paying me.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JamesHealey
Love the V8 it's amazing! But I do think the radio plate looks horrid!

The car is a winner though and very very well engineered and I wouldn't run another car if they were paying me.
Yeah James that's the part I was talking about! rest of the car is beautiful! I ran a v10 years ago, to me was a really good performer n looked awesome and not like anything else!! My buddies know I like to b different!
Old 07-29-2013, 11:03 PM
Tech Lord

You can watch the finals back at rcracing.tv.

It was that Mark Green made a huge mistake or else he had won the EC. Not only because of that it is a bit wrong to say the Velox is the best car but it is the whole package of driver, car, setup skils, engine, fuel....
Old 07-30-2013, 09:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Dear Roelof,

nobody said that the Velox is "the best car". But for sure it's capable of winning a big race which was proved last weekend and therefore it's necessary to have a good basic performance. Of course other factors are also important.

On the other hand you can't be sure that Mark would have won the EC without the mistake as the race was very close at that time. Addtionally Jilles had much more tyres left in the final laps as he changed much later. At the end he just drove as fast as necessary to keep Kyle away. Maybe he could have been faster, maybe not. Maybe Mark made the mistake because his car was too difficult to drive, maybe not... a lot of unnecessary speculations.

In any way, we are very happy to claim the first major title with Velox V8 Pro and we received a lot of congratulations also from other manufacturers.

@1evo:
we already think about how to improve the design of the radioplate

Best regards
Patrick
Old 07-30-2013, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Trick
Dear Roelof,

nobody said that the Velox is "the best car". But for sure it's capable of winning a big race which was proved last weekend and therefore it's necessary to have a good basic performance. Of course other factors are also important.

On the other hand you can't be sure that Mark would have won the EC without the mistake as the race was very close at that time. Addtionally Jilles had much more tyres left in the final laps as he changed much later. At the end he just drove as fast as necessary to keep Kyle away. Maybe he could have been faster, maybe not. Maybe Mark made the mistake because his car was too difficult to drive, maybe not... a lot of unnecessary speculations.

In any way, we are very happy to claim the first major title with Velox V8 Pro and we received a lot of congratulations also from other manufacturers.

@1evo:
we already think about how to improve the design of the radioplate

Best regards
Patrick