R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2013, 04:06 AM   #1
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Cleaning 2 speed one way bearing

Hi

Can you use degreaser or motospray to clean out the one way bearing in the 2 speed before you re-lube it with One Way oil?

Thanks in advance
Andrew
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:51 AM   #2
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
Hi

Can you use degreaser or motospray to clean out the one way bearing in the 2 speed before you re-lube it with One Way oil?

Thanks in advance
Andrew
I clean with disc brake cleaner quite sometime already,so far i don't facing any problem.but becareful the one way pin will fly away.
kyosho malaysia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:12 AM   #3
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosho malaysia View Post
I clean with disc brake cleaner quite sometime already,so far i don't facing any problem.but becareful the one way pin will fly away.
Thank you
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:13 AM   #4
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 421
Default

Very seldom do any cleaning on the one ways ,when it's time to give the rest of the car a bath the two speed doesn't go in the parts washer , if it is necessary to clean the one way the solution is to make a roll of paper towel to loosely fill the center loosely to keep the needles in place while spraying with brake clean , then gently rotate and spray again till you are sure it's.clean , let dry and as you mentioned previously relabel with a few drops of one way lube (which I'm suspicious may be trans fluid of some type ).
__________________
Empire Racing - RC Target - Capricorn - K.O. Propo Electronics - IGT8 2017
Time for us all to grow up and sign our real names on posts.
Rick Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #5
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Tissue, toilet paper, or clean rags.

I dont want to use sprays ....... i dont want to release harmful gas into our atmosphere.

Btw, don't put too much oil into 2speed bearings ...... the oil will come out from the bearing. 1 drop of oil is enough.
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #6
Tech Apprentice
 
Steve_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: G.L.A.R.C.R.C.
Posts: 96
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
Tissue, toilet paper, or clean rags.

I dont want to use sprays ....... i dont want to release harmful gas into our atmosphere.

Btw, don't put too much oil into 2speed bearings ...... the oil will come out from the bearing. 1 drop of oil is enough.
My engines release harmful gas into our atmosphere .
Steve_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #7
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Davis View Post
Very seldom do any cleaning on the one ways ,when it's time to give the rest of the car a bath the two speed doesn't go in the parts washer , if it is necessary to clean the one way the solution is to make a roll of paper towel to loosely fill the center loosely to keep the needles in place while spraying with brake clean , then gently rotate and spray again till you are sure it's.clean , let dry and as you mentioned previously relabel with a few drops of one way lube (which I'm suspicious may be trans fluid of some type ).
I use gun oil
Theo49306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:56 PM   #8
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Its probably not the best oil to use but I use the Mystic 3in1 oil. I use it as after run too. I did have a problem once, but that's because I put to much oil into the one way, and it slipped. Used a Q-Tip to soak up as much oil as possible, and then it was fine. Now I use about 1 drop every 2-3 weeks (about 2 hours of running) on the one way, and everything works fine.


Shawn.
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:09 AM   #9
Tech Master
 
Geezatec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,460
Default

Most one-way brgs 2Sp or Frt axle work better when clean and dry. One-way oil or grease attract dirt and grime as usual. Cleaning in alchohol and keep it dry. Lubing will need maintainence more often. Its up to you. One-way to me are cheap. IMO.
Geezatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:22 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net