R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #1
Tech Elite
 
nitrobeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colonia, NJ
Posts: 2,340
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default Tire strategy for long mains

Looking to hear about your tire strategy for touring car. For qualifying running smaller tires is ok, but not for mains. Bigger tires equals traction rolling.

Thanks in advance.
__________________
Rui Goncalves
Team CRC|Awesomatix USA|TQ Wire|
Jackson curbs, ready for lift off!
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,122
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
Looking to hear about your tire strategy for touring car. For qualifying running smaller tires is ok, but not for mains. Bigger tires equals traction rolling.

Thanks in advance.
Saw you traction roll in the main a few feet before entering the back straight, a few times. Other than that your car is ballistic, reds motors are faster than I thought
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:01 PM   #3
Tech Elite
 
nitrobeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colonia, NJ
Posts: 2,340
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE SI View Post
Saw you traction roll in the main a few feet before entering the back straight, a few times. Other than that your car is ballistic, reds motors are faster than I thought
Yup, that was me! hahaha...Car has tons of on power steering which is what i like, but on bigger tires i might as well hang it up.
__________________
Rui Goncalves
Team CRC|Awesomatix USA|TQ Wire|
Jackson curbs, ready for lift off!
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #4
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,843
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

On bigger tires, to prevent traction rolling, coat the outside side wall of the front tires with CA glue.
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #5
Tech Fanatic
 
Joe Kimble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 873
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Joe Kimble
Default

Hey Rui, I started the main at 62-60. I was going to go 60-58 but a friend gave a set of tires.
__________________
Serpent America
Sweep USA
RCShox
Joe Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:02 AM   #6
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
On bigger tires, to prevent traction rolling, coat the outside side wall of the front tires with CA glue.
I've seen this alot on carpet and it works well for that aplication. Are there any negatives to it on asphalt? I can't say that I have seen it but then again I haven't paid that close of attention. If it were good wouldnt everyone be doing it?
TerribleTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:42 AM   #7
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,843
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleTy View Post
I've seen this alot on carpet and it works well for that aplication. Are there any negatives to it on asphalt? I can't say that I have seen it but then again I haven't paid that close of attention. If it were good wouldnt everyone be doing it?
What makes you think that they're not? We used to do it back when I drove my Serpent 720.
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:43 PM   #8
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
What makes you think that they're not? We used to do it back when I drove my Serpent 720.
I had talked to a racer with many years experiance and he told me that he never did. That along with I can't say that I ever saw anyone in the pits doing it. More than likely the case here is I haven't been paying close attention to 10th sedan because I just got into it. It makes sense to glue tires thats why I was kind of lost from the get go.
TerribleTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #9
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,843
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleTy View Post
I had talked to a racer with many years experiance and he told me that he never did. That along with I can't say that I ever saw anyone in the pits doing it. More than likely the case here is I haven't been paying close attention to 10th sedan because I just got into it. It makes sense to glue tires thats why I was kind of lost from the get go.
A lot of racers dont give their secrets away
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:40 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net