R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Getting into nitro 1/10 sedan what is THE sedan to buy? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/738219-getting-into-nitro-1-10-sedan-what-sedan-buy.html)

Fast410 06-17-2013 04:44 PM

Getting into nitro 1/10 sedan what is THE sedan to buy?

what is the best kit in on the track performance wise. I was looking at the Xray Nt1 2013 spec or the Serpent 747.

JOE SI 06-17-2013 04:53 PM

XRAY is the car to have, hands down. This past weekend I saw 3 brand new 2013 nt1's take all 3 podium spots in the a main. I race at Floyd Bennett field and there's more fast guys and almost none slow. The slower guys are just guys that got beat out for the Amain, so the A and B mains are pretty much Amain drivers

Q-B0R0 B0MBER 06-17-2013 05:25 PM

xray hands down

azeroth 06-17-2013 05:26 PM

xray support in this area is decent there are alot of them racing in tje area so help at the track will be good

TAMAK 06-18-2013 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Fast410 (Post 12265007)
what is the best kit in on the track performance wise. I was looking at the Xray Nt1 2013 spec or the Serpent 747.

+1 on NT1! Lets get Nitro sedan back at Leisure! :nod:

Joe Kimble 06-20-2013 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by JOE SI (Post 12265026)
XRAY is the car to have, hands down. This past weekend I saw 3 brand new 2013 nt1's take all 3 podium spots in the a main. I race at Floyd Bennett field and there's more fast guys and almost none slow. The slower guys are just guys that got beat out for the Amain, so the A and B mains are pretty much Amain drivers

The 747 and the NT1 2013 are both amazing cars. I have the 747 and at the race you re mentioning I was actually 2nd in the A until I hit the boards really hard a bit after the 10 min mark, which caused me to break the front end. Now it is true that more people have Xrays so you'll have more trackside support.

colin222 06-21-2013 02:44 AM

Serpent 747 is the best according to your requirement and i have experience of this and its best in my case.......

RC auto

JOE SI 06-21-2013 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Joe Kimble (Post 12275370)
The 747 and the NT1 2013 are both amazing cars. I have the 747 and at the race you re mentioning I was actually 2nd in the A until I hit the boards really hard a bit after the 10 min mark, which caused me to break the front end. Now it is true that more people have Xrays so you'll have more trackside support.

Frenchie, you stepped up your game 10x over since you got the new ride. I'm a fan of Xray but the 747 is definitely in my top 3 of I was to get a brand new rig today. I'll be there for the next race at Floyd with my xray 2012, was going to get the 2013 but ill wait till they come out with a WC edition that comes with all the hop ups instead of buying them all separate, plus I only paid $400 brand new with a motor and servos. You were in 2nd the whole race but gotta be in it to win it, don't take that the wrong way. I can't wait to get back out there!!! I have some work to do to get in the A main like you've been, but I'm not going to talk all that smack like a certain individual does and can't bump up from the Cmain and gets beat by guys that raced their first race

Joe Kimble 06-21-2013 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by JOE SI (Post 12276339)
Frenchie, you stepped up your game 10x over since you got the new ride. I'm a fan of Xray but the 747 is definitely in my top 3 of I was to get a brand new rig today. I'll be there for the next race at Floyd with my xray 2012, was going to get the 2013 but ill wait till they come out with a WC edition that comes with all the hop ups instead of buying them all separate, plus I only paid $400 brand new with a motor and servos. You were in 2nd the whole race but gotta be in it to win it, don't take that the wrong way. I can't wait to get back out there!!! I have some work to do to get in the A main like you've been, but I'm not going to talk all that smack like a certain individual does and can't bump up from the Cmain and gets beat by guys that raced their first race

You're right you gotta finish... I took an unnecessary risk and broke the front end. Any Sedan would have been broken from such a big hit. My point was that I didn't finish because I made a mistake, but that the car was on a fast pace. Can you post a pic of you or your car so I have an idea of who you are? Yea Bert talks smack and doesn't go very fast but at the end of the day he's a good guy.

Yes I can't wait either. Are you going to Blue Diamond next week for the Sweep Challenge?

JJBinks 06-21-2013 07:14 AM

I am just getting back into 1/10th sedan myself after running 1/8th for a few years. The fastest sedans at my track (One Eighth Racers of Toledo) are the Capricorn, Xray NT1, and the Serpent 747. I decided to get back into this class and went with the Serpent 747.

The capricorn car is Awesome, always fast on our smooth surface, however you so much as look at a board wrong and its broke. :p Ok maybe not that fragile but it is the most of the three I am talking about.

The xray is a great car hands down, and really durable. However, I am not one who likes to pay out the hind end for parts. I am able to buy both left and right front lower arms for less than the price of 1 xray or capricorn arm.

I went with the Serpent 747 because it is just as fast as the other 2 at the tracks I race on, not quite as durable as the xray but durable none the less (At least with all the hits I have seen people take at our track with it) and the part prices are not out to make you poor.

Just my opinion. Best of luck with whatever you get. Feel free to bring it out to the Great Lakes Challenge in August. We could use some more sedan competition!

bertrandsv87 06-21-2013 07:53 PM

Ahahahahah Joe.... That was my first race too Joe ! The first one on the books, and I'll be practicing hard for you too....lol..... It was Father's Day anyway, and POPS held his own , while I had a lean motor, two broken rear arms, one bent rear hinge pin, and my Pitman dropped my car last in the beginning of the race eventhough I was first on the grid..... I guess it's racing, and hope I do better next time with my Xray beating ”Relic” Ntc3.1.....lol.... It was definitely fun though... See you, and congrats Frenchy on your Amain birth...

TerribleTy 06-21-2013 08:09 PM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Mugen. I personally went with the 747 but that's because I am a Serpent fan. Great vehicles and even better support at the tracks.

Joe Kimble 06-21-2013 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 (Post 12278440)
See you, and congrats Frenchy on your Amain birth...

Haha Bert this is not my Amain birth I was consistently making the A last year with my 720... And it was my first season of racing. :-)
Looking forward to seeing you next time out. I'm gonna try to make it at blue diamond for the sweep challenge.

Joe Kimble 06-21-2013 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by TerribleTy (Post 12278489)
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Mugen. I personally went with the 747 but that's because I am a Serpent fan. Great vehicles and even better support at the tracks.

Yea Rich D at Floyd has it running good!

bertrandsv87 06-22-2013 04:05 PM

I will also make the Amain this year, my first year racing nitro touring cars, but it will be an uphill battle.... I'm sure Coach will be cheering....ahahah.....