R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-22-2013, 11:08 PM   #16
Tech Rookie

+1 747... Was out of the sport/hobby for a year or two..
im in Aussie we have one decent serpent dealer as such, takes me 2-3 days to order and receive parts posted out of my state, awesome parts supply and ev is always in stock, which is why i also went with the serpent, as well as coming from a upgraded 720 and a serpent fan, the parts range from $35 front one way kit, $13 alum pulleys, $6 belts, $11 l+r sus arms, $6 hinge pins, uprights/steering blocks $3-6 and so on, so its not a huge dent in the pocket..so I've built up a huge and healthy parts supply for my car, and dosnt hurt the hip pocket to hard.. It's like a new fridge, the initial stock up is highest, if you keep it filled up its not to bad IMO..
I tossed my tuned nova and Dropped in the 2013 Reds Racing M3-WC team tuned engine, and its a weapon..I've no regrets at all in going the 747, We need some more sedans racing and tracks here, we have the 2013 roumd 2 AOC in a week or two which will be big and a good thing for Melbourne and Aussie "thanks to Scotty"
Anyway have fun, and goodluck on the track all...
Ryan
Attached Thumbnails
Getting into nitro 1/10 sedan what is THE sedan to buy?-image.jpg  
~~~BIG THANKS TO "WALTER HOBBY RC" 4 LOADING ME UP WITH GOODS!~~~
Serpent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBinks View Post
I am just getting back into 1/10th sedan myself after running 1/8th for a few years. The fastest sedans at my track (One Eighth Racers of Toledo) are the Capricorn, Xray NT1, and the Serpent 747. I decided to get back into this class and went with the Serpent 747.

The capricorn car is Awesome, always fast on our smooth surface, however you so much as look at a board wrong and its broke. Ok maybe not that fragile but it is the most of the three I am talking about.

The xray is a great car hands down, and really durable. However, I am not one who likes to pay out the hind end for parts. I am able to buy both left and right front lower arms for less than the price of 1 xray or capricorn arm.

I went with the Serpent 747 because it is just as fast as the other 2 at the tracks I race on, not quite as durable as the xray but durable none the less (At least with all the hits I have seen people take at our track with it) and the part prices are not out to make you poor.

Just my opinion. Best of luck with whatever you get. Feel free to bring it out to the Great Lakes Challenge in August. We could use some more sedan competition!
where at in great lakes?
Old 06-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast410 View Post
where at in great lakes?
The event and our track is located in Northwood, Ohio behind the former Woodville Mall. For reference the track is right next to Toledo, Ohio, 10 miles south of the Michigan line and 7 miles from lake Erie. We have this race yearly that attracts anywhere from 110 to 140 racers.

Link to the discussion: http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...g-21-25th.html

You can also check out our website... www.ToledoOneEighthRacers.com

My goal is to get as many sedans out there as possible this year! I believe last year we had over 35 sedan entries, Hoping to better that this year. I am just switching to Sedan from 1/8th scale for that reason.

Its a great time, nice area. 2 days of practice followed by 3 solid days of racing, nothing better!
www.ToledoOneEighthRacers.com
Serpent Natrix 748, Revenge .12, Desoto Racing, Futaba
JJBinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBinks View Post
The event and our track is located in Northwood, Ohio behind the former Woodville Mall. For reference the track is right next to Toledo, Ohio, 10 miles south of the Michigan line and 7 miles from lake Erie. We have this race yearly that attracts anywhere from 110 to 140 racers.

Link to the discussion: http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...g-21-25th.html

You can also check out our website... www.ToledoOneEighthRacers.com

My goal is to get as many sedans out there as possible this year! I believe last year we had over 35 sedan entries, Hoping to better that this year. I am just switching to Sedan from 1/8th scale for that reason.

Its a great time, nice area. 2 days of practice followed by 3 solid days of racing, nothing better!
thanks for the info and all the input from all you racers on car choices..