R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default Camping World Truck Series shell for GT8

in a serious talk with Alpha RC Team .... interests in producing a new shell, with the layout of truck racing series for GT cars was debated ... and they intend to work hard to have a design that works on similarity with real cars, but that meet the needs of adaptation to the cars and buggies that are used in GT8 races ...
i love the appearance of these cars and would love to run with a shell of these in my car .... on the next week the work will begin with design and measures , so your opinion is important ok ...

lagos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:06 PM   #2
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagos View Post
in a serious talk with Alpha RC Team .... interests in producing a new shell, with the layout of truck racing series for GT cars was debated ... and they intend to work hard to have a design that works on similarity with real cars, but that meet the needs of adaptation to the cars and buggies that are used in GT8 races ...
i love the appearance of these cars and would love to run with a shell of these in my car .... on the next week the work will begin with design and measures , so your opinion is important ok ...

I love the idea of this, looks really cool! This would open up the option of maybe a spec class or something of that caliber for the local clubs. I have seen my fair share of Short Course bodies on the GT8 cars but none of them quite look right. I love the idea and will be giving them a try when and if they come out! Add me to the tester list if needed!
TerribleTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleTy View Post
I love the idea of this, looks really cool! This would open up the option of maybe a spec class or something of that caliber for the local clubs. I have seen my fair share of Short Course bodies on the GT8 cars but none of them quite look right. I love the idea and will be giving them a try when and if they come out! Add me to the tester list if needed!
I love the trucks! I did it with a SC8 body and it looks great on the track but a truck body designed for on road would look better.

jneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:46 PM   #4
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneg View Post
I love the trucks! I did it with a SC8 body and it looks great on the track but a truck body designed for on road would look better.

Agreed, the SC8 is what we used also! I'm excited to see what comes out of this, how they work around the motor and so on.
TerribleTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice

we will keep all friends informed about this project on this thread ok ... i m excited to see it too ... thanks for the support friends !!! lets do it !!!
lagos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:39 PM   #6
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to DR Mead

lagos,I'm guessing you want to make the Truck body to possibly run oval ??!! I've been reading just about every thread on here about GT 1/8th cars, and was hoping to see if anyone had done any oval racing or had any plans to.Also to read how they worked on an oval track.
Back a few years ago I had purchased a Kyosho GT,and made an Asphalt Modified style body out of lexan.but that is another story.IMHO thumbs up on the NCTS body
DR Mead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #7
Tech Adept

Where can I find the R1 bodies for the long chassis
tbo713 is offline   Reply With Quote