R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-08-2006, 05:15 PM   #91
Tech Addict

Default SII GX engine failure

Hi guys,

anyone know what replacement engine and manifold are compatible with the SIII. My con rod and crank shaft blew within 20 tanks. Instead of getting the same engine I thought to upgrade the engine. Been told that the central position of the engine makes it hard to upgrade and fit a good (eg sirio) engine (due to brackets and manifold)?

Anyone have same problems or any ideas.

Thanks
dr_catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 09:01 PM   #92
Tech Rookie

hey guys

i am making a come back to r/c racing i got a vone s3 and its awsome running the engine in right plays a big part in how much power u will have.

i have fouund taht there would be no reason why this car cant be the no1 in the australian pull start class.
mikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:41 PM   #93
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Has anyone got any out of the normal suggestions on how to get more top end speed out of a stock set-up. I've changed the gearing even down to a 55/22 but the little stock motor seems to peek and not have enough legs.

Any ideas?

P.S. Forum seems a little quiet?????
CDS70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 12:05 AM   #94
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to VoneS3Kid

I've run a VoneSIII and made it state champion in 2 states f Australia. I have had my fair lot of troubles but once you can overcome them you can have a very fast competative car,CDS70: you might wanna try putting on a 23 second pinion.DR Catman: I have run the pro-stock class and you are not able to change the engine, i know for a fact the kyosho VoneSII hardened manifolds will fit, you have to get the dremel out and grind the rear top plate down a bit. You can also but a hardened one for the VoneSIII, i bought mine off rc-champ for about $20.I have blown motors numerous times, its just the way they are built, you will find if you have a good look at the backflate on the engine, there will be little jabbing marks from where the con-rod has been hitting it, what i did is dremel a bit out of it so it didnt hit and i did 6 months of full-blown racing with it Hope these tips help, just p.m me if you guys have any more questions
Old 01-19-2007, 03:24 AM   #95
Tech Addict

Thanks for the tips Kid. I've replaced the gears and am now running;

1st = 16/61
2nd = 23/54

This has helped somewhat, but the most difference I've notice was from putting an RB X12 pipe on it. More top end but seems to still rev right out, but I'll have to wait and see at racing whether it's enough.

What about set up. Any tips. I ran 35's the other day/night and it was hooking up well but I seemed to have got a lot of tyre wear so I may try 37's.

I'm running the stock locker which is great.

What kind of droop are you running. I've got 4mm in the rear and 1mm or 2mm in the front. 30 weight shock oil with the standard black springs. Also running 5000 in the rear diff and I've added another two small gears to the diff.

Camber/Caster???????
Toe in/out???????

Interresting about the backing plate, I'll have to pull the motor out and have a look at it. Were all your motors doing the same thing?

What fuel percentage of fuel are you running. 16% 11%?

I've had to wind the two speed right in to about 1/2 a turn out just so I can get it to change later. I'm a little concerned that it is in so far, any thoughts?

Sorry for so many questions, I'm just trying to get it set up properly because as you would know it make a hugh difference getting all the little things right.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by CDS70; 01-19-2007 at 03:46 AM.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:37 AM   #96
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to VoneS3Kid

Hey mate, its my pleasure to help

Now with your new gearing, i would reccomend you put your first spur gear down to a 60 tooth as there is quite a big jump between 1st and 2nd.
Trust me on this one, the GXR motors do rev out quite hard and aggressive but they keep on going, try to keep your temperature within 100 to 130 degrees celsius.You seem to be running quite soft tyres, on cold days i run 35's all round, but just for normal temperature days, i used a black Kyosho pipe, or a JPL workes pretty well, i found the jpl restricts the motor a bit but the kyosho lets it rev free. I like to use a mid range tyre like a 37 shore..on my SIII i didnt get much tyre wear at all so i ran 37's in 1/2 hour finals and had better grip than everyone else. Now down to droop. I like my car sensetive and responsive so i tend to put lots of droop in, around 3-4mm on the front and about 5-6mm on the rear, i know it is a lot but it just makes the car heaps more responsive to commands, this droop setting alters to different tracks i race on. When it comes to shock oil and springs i run 45 wt all round with kit black springs. In the rear diff i use 30,000 wt with 4 spider gears, and a locker in the front.
its hard to tell you what camber to run coz i dont know what your track is like but try about -2 degrees on front and about -4 on rear. With Caster i run it in the kit position. No, i had on motor that wasnt hitting..these engines are massed produced, its just a case of if you get a good one or a bad one, they are all different. For fuel i run Sidewinder 16 % nitro and 11% oil.

With your 2 speed, the standard 2-speed clutch springs are really soft, so you need to crank them all the way in, they are also really un-consistant, so i got either mugen MTX 4 or Kyosho V-one-RRR springs and it fixed it immediately, i hope this is of help to you, feel free to post something on this forum or just drop me a p.m, cheers guys
Old 04-09-2007, 03:46 AM   #97
Tech Addict

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me is there a hop up chassis for the V One SIII and where I may get one from? IF not can anyone give me a link to a site where I can buy a standard one, I'm having trouble finding one on the net.

I seriously bent mine on the weekend racing and in need of a new one.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:55 PM   #98
Tech Initiate

there are two tuning chassis available.

VZW100 ist the same size as the original one but made of harder material

VZW108 is made of harder material and looks more like the RRR main chassis
playerdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:43 AM   #99
Tech Addict

Good stuff! Don't suppose you have a link to any photos of these....particularly the second one??????
Old 04-11-2007, 08:38 PM   #100
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/products/r...duct_id=101426
Ed Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:49 PM   #101
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Anderson
Interesting
Too bad its all in Japanese....
turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:48 AM   #102
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is my kyosho

http://abram.eu.org/files/kyosho_SIII_V-one/

Regards from Warsaw!

m.
TC6!, TC5R, 12L4, 12R5.1, 10L2, 10R5, RC8T_CE_EL custom F1 chassis
http://www.wgtshop.com/
M.Abramowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:41 AM   #103
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I know it's an old post,

But can you guys help me out with details on the kit?

What's actually included,
What extras do I need to buy?

I'm having troubles getting the answers.
Boneyards66 is offline   Reply With Quote