R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-18-2005, 08:27 AM   #76
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon

could u have accidently put in your one way berring for the gear in reverse?
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 04:23 AM   #77
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

is there a way for me to check without pulling out the to speed gears. i know it doesnt take that long but i remembered taking out the one way bearing sleeve out again cause i forgot to look at the manual the first time and by memory i installed it correctly the 2nd time (and infact i did it right the first time with luck )

this is what i think is one method to check if my oneway bearing was installed right.

say if you roll the car the spur gears would roll as well but not at the same speed as the wheels are but if you roll the car in reverse the gears will rotate and the same speed as the wheels.. this is how it should be right?

also do you guys find the idle screw effective? i find it useless doesnt really respond to me. what i have to do is undo the 1.5mm grub screw on the ball linkage of the slide carb, and move it in or out of the slide carbie shaft. if that makes any sense

also what are your motors set at if you dont mind me asking how many turns out on the top end and how many turns out on the bottom?

cheers in advance
Old 08-19-2005, 08:19 AM   #78
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainTeased
is there a way for me to check without pulling out the to speed gears. i know it doesnt take that long but i remembered taking out the one way bearing sleeve out again cause i forgot to look at the manual the first time and by memory i installed it correctly the 2nd time (and infact i did it right the first time with luck )

this is what i think is one method to check if my oneway bearing was installed right.

say if you roll the car the spur gears would roll as well but not at the same speed as the wheels are but if you roll the car in reverse the gears will rotate and the same speed as the wheels.. this is how it should be right?

also do you guys find the idle screw effective? i find it useless doesnt really respond to me. what i have to do is undo the 1.5mm grub screw on the ball linkage of the slide carb, and move it in or out of the slide carbie shaft. if that makes any sense

also what are your motors set at if you dont mind me asking how many turns out on the top end and how many turns out on the bottom?

cheers in advance
holding down the belt, with the gears facing u, they should spin freely anti-clockwise, and should "lock" when trying to turn clock wise.

the top screw i did 2-2.5 out, although i followed the 3T out as stated by the stupid manual at first it was still too rich. (did not know shit till i went down to the track and heard the sounds of all the other cars... mine was as good as farting).
For the lower, adjust it as u please after u are happy with the top...

And regarding the side carb... i have no idea what u are trying to say
Old 08-19-2005, 05:58 PM   #79
Tech Master

yup i knew my one way was installed correctly
hmmm so why the gear stripping i brought another new gear so if it strips again then im doing something wrong. also i know how to mesh it so its not my gear meshing skills thats causing the problem. might take the clutch bell off to lube it, dont think it comes factory lubed. that might cause a problem.

about the slide carbie thing its hard to explain ill pass on that haha. its ilding beautiful now anyway.

cheers Dragon
Old 08-19-2005, 10:28 PM   #80
Tech Regular

haha... could u have positioned your gears too far apart? possible to take a pic of your gears?

I have played in very dusty areas before, and the gears are still good... and i mean VERY dusty...
Old 08-20-2005, 12:14 AM   #81
Tech Regular

Does anyone know why there is this cone within the Stock pipe itself? what does it do? channel air? other pipes i see dont have this....
Old 08-20-2005, 04:33 AM   #82
Tech Master

hi dragon ill get some pics taken later! but the gear mesh is pretty much spot on. i used a piece of paper to mesh it up then tightened it.

i've found something that seems abit wrong after installing my new gears!

at a certain aamount of turns from the spur going back words the pinion would get stuck with the spur... like both top tooth on the spur gear and pinion gear almost meet together making it hard for the spur to keep spinning in reverse. so might have to look into that further.

about that cone in the pipe i think its there for back pressure reasons and to control the pressure nipple. i might be wrong though.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:57 AM   #83
Tech Adept

Mr. Brainteased,
Fold the paper twice, to have a good mesh of gear teeth. Single paper is good only for electric cars since it has a finer teeth compared with gears of nitro cars.

Additional info. . .
the sum of your pinion and spur for low speed & high speed should be the same.

cheers. . .
Old 08-21-2005, 03:46 AM   #84
Tech Master

thanks Chaya

ill try folding the paper

gears were from factory 15/20 56/61 car is brand new so its something else i have brought a new 1st 60T spur for now cause no shops have 61T. i have a feeling it has to do with my 2nd gear hub housing sitting to tight against the plastic cone.

will update how i go

cheers
Old 08-31-2005, 05:27 PM   #85
Tech Adept

Default Selling my V-One-SIII

Hi guys,
I am selling my V-one-SIII. I am looking at selling it at the end of October/November.
If you want some info on it or want to make me an offer
phone: 0439 588 222
Email: [email protected]

Regards
BS
KYOSHORACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 05:29 AM   #86
Tech Master

Hey guys

has anyone changed their side belt tensioner yet to a hop up item?
as i've lost the kit one which i think is pretty crap anyway.

seems like not many people own these cars its so quiet in here!
Old 10-16-2005, 09:23 AM   #87
Tech Adept

Default Popular?

There is still no sign of this car on the Kyosho North America website. Is it selling well elsewhere yet?
MobileIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 09:58 AM   #88
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileIT
There is still no sign of this car on the Kyosho North America website. Is it selling well elsewhere yet?
If i remember correctly, the V oneS III will not be available in the US market.
Airtronics|Kyosho|
Tim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:24 PM   #89
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead3
If i remember correctly, the V oneS III will not be available in the US market.
Well that was not the question. The question was how is it selling in the countries where it is already for sale?

As for North America, well, Kyosho has recently announced new products and you are correct that so far, the S III still is not part of their products. I find that odd. I would have thought that they could sell a lot of them because it is a cheaper version of the RRR, and I think a lot of people would like such a car.

If they bring it out in North America, I hope they do not include a radio. It seems that Kyosho believes that people buying the cheaper versions are all beginners and need radios. I would be interested in a cheaper version car, but I already have good radios.
MobileIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:54 PM   #90
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileIT
If they bring it out in North America, I hope they do not include a radio. It seems that Kyosho believes that people buying the cheaper versions are all beginners and need radios. I would be interested in a cheaper version car, but I already have good radios.
Sorry i miss read your question.

Noted. RTR's drive the market place. There are not many people out there wanting/have the time to build a kit aimed for a mid level r/c hobbiest. Ever since the RTR craze, Sales of Mid line products droped alot. Most of the Mid line type R/Cers purchase RTRs and purchase the aftermarket option parts they want to make it better.....But then again the market could change. Myself I have not seen much call for the V oneS III (not many asking for it)....
Airtronics|Kyosho|
Tim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote