Wiki Posts
Search

HOW IMPRESSIVE IS ERIC DANKEL?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default HOW IMPRESSIVE IS ERIC DANKEL?

Is anybody else besides me in total AWE at what Capricorn driver Eric Dankel can do only being able to see out of one eye........I honestly dont understand how its possible to judge the distance/perception from a drivers stand at the speeds he's competing at!!! Its amazing, i kno hes prob been without eyesight in one eye for a longtime, but try n close one eye and roll a track, its almost impossible
Old 06-01-2013, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
Is anybody else besides me in total AWE at what Capricorn driver Eric Dankel can do only being able to see out of one eye........I honestly dont understand how its possible to judge the distance/perception from a drivers stand at the speeds he's competing at!!! Its amazing, i kno hes prob been without eyesight in one eye for a longtime, but try n close one eye and roll a track, its almost impossible
1981 I lost my right eye. Am right hand dominate. Took me 6 month to drive a car. Lose of depth perception, distance sure its hard. Try hitting slow pitch softball. At 28 I lost my eye, at 41 played softball, struck out the first two time up. Finally hit one, than it was easy. It takes time and patience, I couldn't hit the ashtray while smokin'. All games were difficult. Shooting pool and firearm I improved. Catching a baseball took a while. Watchin' hockey at the arena I sill cant see it. Everything now is as natural as if I didn't loose it. Got a prostetic eye. Nobody know until they ask. Losing a major scents, the other scents get stronger. Anybody with a disability will surprise you, don't cut them short. I'm 58 now and better than normal!! lol!!!
Old 06-02-2013, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geezatec
1981 I lost my right eye. Am right hand dominate. Took me 6 month to drive a car. Lose of depth perception, distance sure its hard. Try hitting slow pitch softball. At 28 I lost my eye, at 41 played softball, struck out the first two time up. Finally hit one, than it was easy. It takes time and patience, I couldn't hit the ashtray while smokin'. All games were difficult. Shooting pool and firearm I improved. Catching a baseball took a while. Watchin' hockey at the arena I sill cant see it. Everything now is as natural as if I didn't loose it. Got a prostetic eye. Nobody know until they ask. Losing a major scents, the other scents get stronger. Anybody with a disability will surprise you, don't cut them short. I'm 58 now and better than normal!! lol!!!
Inspired!
Old 06-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

I don't know why you are now impressed by him, he is at a world class level for quite some time now in both nitro and electric, only that he won ENS Hockenheim now Respect to Erik
Old 06-03-2013, 01:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis
I don't know why you are now impressed by him, he is at a world class level for quite some time now in both nitro and electric, only that he won ENS Hockenheim now Respect to Erik
I actually posted this before he won, n I didn't kno until a few months ago(pic on redrc) that he was in fact blind in one eye......
Old 06-03-2013, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I just thought he had some kind of pigment thing in his eye (I know someone who has no color in his eye, it's almost clear looking, and has perfect vision) dent know he was blind
Old 06-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis
thanks for trying to ruin the feel good moment we are enjoying. Not gonna work though...

I too just saw that picture and am also inspired, and yes I just started being inspired today. I wasn't inspired yesterday because I didn't know about the story.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MrHistory
thanks for trying to ruin the feel good moment we are enjoying. Not gonna work though...

I too just saw that picture and am also inspired, and yes I just started being inspired today. I wasn't inspired yesterday because I didn't know about the story.

I dont understand the problem, I definitely didn't plan to "ruin the feel good moment" or disrespect his accomplishment since I understand his handicap better than 95% other posters here. I am just pointing out that Erik is a world class driver for a long time and that this is not the first time he has acomplished an impressive result (since I assume the thread was opened with people following the first round of ENS via RedRC which is the major event in RC racing this weekend- I may be wrong of course). Many people don't know who he is since RC enthusiasts are a mix of hardcore racers who naturally follow the news and bashers who don't know who Masami Hirosaka is- nothing wrong with that. Dankel is a frontrunner in ETS, has won in the Stock class previously and been in the Modified A final numerous times. I am also very impressed to see he has come to the top even with his disability, he is still young and even better results will surely come.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Super impressive?!!!!..........