R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-26-2005, 04:37 PM   #16
Tech Adept

whats happening all you perspective slide guys out there

kevin from ace here, we have been the importers of this kit now for the last 6 months,

for those of you who do not know, i have been supported and been running the car since late 1999 after having returned fromd the worlds in france.

the new v5 kits from what we are told will be available in the next 1-3 months, the first kit has shipped to me for testing purposes and once i have kit in hand in the next day or two i will post many more pics for people to see.

in terms of the cost of cars and the expense to repair, well cost in 1/8 is relative, if you dont have driving ability no matter what you drive it is gong to be expensive. the car is surprisingly easy to drive and does break certain parts frequently, but with the new kits things should be better interms of the front end damage.

keep posted and if anyone has any questions feel free to email me or call us here at the shop

1-800-383-2657

thanks to all

kevin
dremelboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 06:49 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Slide price?

So Kevin.....

what will ACE be selling this car for?
SRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 10:49 PM   #18
Tech Adept

the current cost of the kits is $899.99, i have no idea what the price on the v5 will be, as we have not recieved any as of yet. The new kits use the serpent 950r fuel tank instead of the older more traditional vector 1430 fueltank.

we have been working closely with the guys at slide and are looking for ways to lower the cost. i will be producing the next batch of radio trays for the kits and this should lower things a bit. we are also looking at having the chassis plates produced here to save even more. the cost of shipping is rather high from europe and anything we can do to reduce overall weight will save in the cars final price to market.

the kits we have been offering and the ones in the future will also be coming with the aluminum battery plates and the batteries themselves are available to us here at a much lower cost, street price on the battery already soldered up with a 6 inch lead is $29.99.

if you consider the cost of an evolva or mrx4 or 950r, all of these kits can be had for between 500-600 dollars, difference is that you will still go out and spend a few hundred on upgrade parts, the slide kit has virtually no upgrades, but the car in general has prety much everything one could be looking for on it stock.

for those looking for a more trick kit there are some extremely light weight rear axles available, there is an aluminum clutchbell and a few other pieces.

once the kit arrives i think people will be plesantly surprised, whats also nice is that there will be a conversion kit available from slide to convert the older kits from the old to the new style v5
Old 06-01-2005, 12:13 AM   #19
Tech Adept

well guys

got my first kits in today, the new v5 looks much more forgiving than its predecessor.

i will have pics online tomorrow night or the following day, keep posted. these are pre-production so things might be a bit different than when the kits make it to full production, but it gives people a great look at some of the very cool innovative steps the guys at slide have made

dremelboy
Old 06-01-2005, 10:35 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dremelboy
well guys

got my first kits in today, the new v5 looks much more forgiving than its predecessor.

i will have pics online tomorrow night or the following day, keep posted. these are pre-production so things might be a bit different than when the kits make it to full production, but it gives people a great look at some of the very cool innovative steps the guys at slide have made

dremelboy
Hurry up and post the pictures Kev!!!
Old 06-01-2005, 09:08 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dremelboy
well guys

dremelboy
Kev you gonna have this car at the next race on the 12th

I always like to see new stuff
C.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 10:36 PM   #22
Tech Adept

hey c. smith

i got the kit togther and am taking the photos tonight, i will post em tonight or tomorrow morning for all to see.

i will be running the kit at the next race for sure.

keep posted all

kevin
Old 06-02-2005, 01:48 AM   #23
Tech Adept

ok guys, there is a bunch of photos up, they are listed under 2005 v5 slide pics, its in this on road forum somewhere, its late night and im going to bed, hope you like em and email me if you have any questions at all

kevin
Old 06-02-2005, 08:52 AM   #24
Tech Adept

hey c. smith

i will have the carkit out at the next clubrace. i will be at the shop later today getting the radio gear installed in it

there is going to be a race on the 23 and 24th of july at mission college called the rbproducts test and tune race where rody himself will be coming over from france to give everyone a hand with understanding more about the motors and setup and pipe and manifild selections.

on friday the 22 we will be holding a clinic at the shop from approx. 7-9 pm at our place in san carlos and there he will be going over a bunch of different things. this was discussed at the meeting last night so it will be on the rams site pretty soon.

i talked to rody last night and he is all for this. he is looking forward to coming out to show his support to everyone that runs his stuff

kevin
Old 06-02-2005, 09:02 AM   #25
Tech Adept

here is the link to look at all the other pics and posts, not sure why it will not show up on the front page as a new thread, if anyone knows hot to fix this problem for me please let me know

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=74027