R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-10-2013, 07:25 AM   #106
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yeah, Baba Isamu. Judging from his laptimes, he might be able to make one more bump (though he has Flavio Elias to deal with next). Doubt he will go any farther than that. At least he has the night to rebuild the car.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #107
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
Does anybody know why they changed the "4 fastest straight to final" rule?
Its just dumb...
From REDRC ".....Unfortunately having never made a Worlds final before, this year is the first time that the Top 4 qualifiers wont directly get a place in the main.........."

I really don't know what does that mean...is that really on the IFMAR rule book that if the top 4 qualifier of this year WC and none of them were in the Top 10 of the last WC, the top 4 automatic goes to final rule will be removed..? If that is the case...it is one weird rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H View Post
It's simple.
The semi final and finals are run at the same day. With the old system of 4 direct qualifiers, they had the advantage to perfectly prepare there car for the main final. The other 6 finalists which came from the semi's didn't have that advantage....
There is a reason why there is a TQ, if there are no benefit or advantage of being TQ beside calling him a TQ (just like this year)....why would they run full out on the qualifier instead of sandbagging the position to a "easier" group and get better result on the 1/4 and 1/2.....I think this rule is dumb, being TQ or top 3 should have some advantage. It is on any kind of racing or any type of sports.........

Beside....having all the hours to prepare their car is not a advantage. These are all FACTORY DRIVERS with factory support and between rounds there are enough time for them to prep for their next round. Not to mention, they might run a different car/engine for each round...it is not like me racing the WC with only 1 car and 1 engine..........they have cars for photo and cars for qualifiers and probably cars for main and finals...

But I would say....standing on the driver stands for the extra 30 minutes (or more then one 30 minutes round) is definitely a disadvantage for some drivers....
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #108
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
From REDRC ".....Unfortunately having never made a Worlds final before, this year is the first time that the Top 4 qualifiers wont directly get a place in the main.........."

I really don't know what does that mean...is that really on the IFMAR rule book that if the top 4 qualifier of this year WC and none of them were in the Top 10 of the last WC, the top 4 automatic goes to final rule will be removed..? If that is the case...it is one weird rule.
You're reading too much into it. They are saying Sahashi has never made a final before and unfortunately for him, he still hasn't despite being TQ. He still has to race his way in.

As for the rest of your post, why sandbag? If you are in a 1/4 final, that's two races you have to run to get in. That's twice the chance of having a problem that knocks you out of the event and twice the wear on the car before the main. Also I would rather start a semi on the pole than in the back.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:23 AM   #109
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
You're reading too much into it. They are saying Sahashi has never made a final before and unfortunately for him, he still hasn't despite being TQ. He still has to race his way in.

As for the rest of your post, why sandbag? If you are in a 1/4 final, that's two races you have to run to get in. That's twice the chance of having a problem that knocks you out of the event and twice the wear on the car before the main. Also I would rather start a semi on the pole than in the back.
Yes you are correct..........it does not make sense the way I think about it.

I am not really saying they would sandbag but you will never know why they would want to pick their position IF there are no benefit what so ever if they are on the top 4. But like I said...I still think being top 4 should has the advantage go to the final without battling with the lower main...thats the prize they will get of being top 4.

About the 1 run wonder that you mentioned....Baba Isamu and Baba Tsuyoshi, I bet they are related, both have a full time job and family and ran out of vacation time so they can only make the Thursday round and hope the best....it is AMAZING.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #110
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
There is a proposal for the EFRA AGM to go back to the old system with 4 direct finalists.
No No suggest this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
I like the idea of everyone running a semi but think it sucks that a TQ could not make the main for one simple problem in a semi. I would like to see the top two or four locked into the final but their starting position determined by the semi. So if you tq, you could choose to use the semi as practice or skip it altogether and you would still be in, you would just start at the back or try to race your way onto the pole.
or just the TQ
Stuff Of Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:22 PM   #111
Tech Master

Something caught my attention, tanaka masao qualified 2nd from 1/8 didn't start, weird
choisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:50 AM   #112
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by choisan View Post
Something caught my attention, tanaka masao qualified 2nd from 1/8 didn't start, weird
He hasn't run his last 3 qualys either. Too much radiation probably. Collari was right after all
Old 10-11-2013, 12:58 AM   #113
Tech Master

Michael Salven was out of luck lost to Hara on the last lap by running out of fuel, couldn't bump to 1/2
choisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:06 AM   #114
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by choisan View Post
Michael Salven was out of luck lost to Hara on the last lap by running out of fuel, couldn't bump to 1/2
Morganti wins the other 1/4 and advances to Semi!!

[email protected], www.serpentamerica.com
jdesoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:44 AM   #115
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdesoto View Post
Morganti wins the other 1/4 and advances to Semi!!
Congrats Paolo on the win and advancing to the semi. Your hard work and persistance paid off. Unfortunate that Salven was unable to make the bump.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:21 AM   #116
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuff Of Legend View Post
No No suggest this one

or just the TQ
I did not sugest anything... On REDRC you can read that it need some changes, mentioned is a point system per qualify round.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #117
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to sheeley

Anyone know what time racing starts today?
Old 10-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #118
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeley View Post
9am will be start from 1/8B and follow by 1/8A,the final will be on 3.30pm(Japan time)
kyosho malaysia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #119
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeley View Post
http://www.jmrca.jp/2013_ic_track/schedule/top.htm
kyosho malaysia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #120
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That schedule may not be valid anymore as there have already been changes, running 3 rounds instead of just 2 on Wednesday, then only one final round on Thursday and tomorrow, Saturday they don't have 1/8 and 1/4 finals to run, only 1/2 finals.
Teemu informed me that they will run their Semi at 11:00 local. He is running Semi A, so I expect Semi B which runs before the A to start at 10:15 local.
The main final is scheduled for 14:00 local time.

Hope this helps.
John
John Doucakis is offline   Reply With Quote