Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hobao GPX4 Pro

Anyone running these cars?.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chrisman
Anyone running these cars?.

Most of the nitro in Manila running GPX4. Its a good car and parts of the car are cheap
Attached Thumbnails Hobao GPX4 Pro-gpx4-black2.jpg  
Old 08-14-2005, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

YEAH....this thing haul ass....oops.s...
Outda box is a beautiful machine.Got the new Mega motor to match the car...all I can say it's a well balance car.
Price is very attractive too.Best bang for ur buck.
Will see how it will do for 1 hr mains.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the ofna drivers have been running this car and from what ive heard it will be available aprox. 1 month from now. Team driver jeffrey lin just set the track record at revalation this weekend with this car. This car was TQ in both expert sedan over 7 seconds and amatuer sedan by one lap. Ryan Namori was TQ for Amatuer sedan. I hope the price for the pro will be pretty low. Me and a couple of my friends are thinking of switching from RRR to this car when it is available.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Francis M.
the ofna drivers have been running this car and from what ive heard it will be available aprox. 1 month from now. Team driver jeffrey lin just set the track record at revalation this weekend with this car. This car was TQ in both expert sedan over 7 seconds and amatuer sedan by one lap. Ryan Namori was TQ for Amatuer sedan. I hope the price for the pro will be pretty low. Me and a couple of my friends are thinking of switching from RRR to this car when it is available.
I know jeffrey running Hongnor CD3?
Old 08-16-2005, 01:14 AM
Tech Regular

these have been out in australia for over a year. there ok besides from the side belts and rear outdrives. but in no way would i get rid of a RRR to get one. there just not in the same league.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:21 AM
Tech Regular

double post
Old 08-16-2005, 02:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Finally it is good to see some sort of discussion happening on this car... Can someone please post some more pictures and some info on the car?

Moot: I have never seen any GPX4 run down under, it is mainly MTX3 & V1RRR

BB
Old 08-16-2005, 04:45 AM
Tech Regular

there was 2 at illawarra on the weekend (pro cars) and more than 5 rtr cars ( i have an rtr car)

the pullstarters are everywhere down here
Old 08-16-2005, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

jeffrey has not been running the cd3 as of late he has been running the gpx4. i was at the race at revalation sunday and he was running the belt car i here only two ofna drivers are left with the cd3 because there are no kits chin luc and mark cruz.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

jeffrey has not been running the cd3 as of late he has been running the gpx4. i was at the race at revalation sunday and he was running the belt car i here only two ofna drivers are left with the cd3 because there are no kits chin luc and mark cruz. the car is insanely fast i just dont know if its going to hold up againist the future mugen.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone know the differences between the RTR and pro edition?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...x4&FVPROFIL=++

Looks like a copy of the RRR to me. I wouldn't trade a RRR for the GPX4 pro. They look to be about the same. I myself, race a Mugen MTX3-prospec. From the looks of it, price-wise, the GPX4 looks to be a direct competitor to the Mongoose. I know the mongoose sells for only 199 now at ultimate hobbies. If the GPX4 PRO sells for that price, I might have to pick one up just to test it out I also hear HPI is coming out with a Hara edition R40. With Mugen coming out with the MTX4, looks like we'll have an exciting end to the summer, and a great beginning for next season's races.

I know Jeff's hometrack is revelation, so that could play a hand in him setting the track record there. Does he ever go to Sun Valley to race? I race there, and I'm actually there every friday for practice. I'd love to see the pro's come over to sun valley to race. Every race I've been to, has been small. Revelation is taking all the business away from SV lol. I don't blame them...SV hasn't been kept up well, even though its the largest on-road track in CA. The owner of SV just doesnt care about the track. The tech at SV, Richie, is there everyday working hard, helping others all the time. He should be the owner...he practically runs the track anyhow.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

the pro has a layed down steering servo and the battery sits under the fuel tank.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:36 PM
Tech Regular

it also has rear cvd's,carbon fibre top deck and the side belts on the other side of the chassis. the chassis is also slightly thicker and the shape is a little different. it uses 0.8 gearing (spurs are the same as mugen,i run a mtx3 pro spec aswell and i interchange them) the pipe is different,and seems to be pretty good,i've currently got it on my prospec with a jp.

there a good car,but if you think there up to the level of a rrr or a prospec,your kidding yourself
Old 08-20-2005, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moot
it also has rear cvd's,carbon fibre top deck and the side belts on the other side of the chassis. the chassis is also slightly thicker and the shape is a little different. it uses 0.8 gearing (spurs are the same as mugen,i run a mtx3 pro spec aswell and i interchange them) the pipe is different,and seems to be pretty good,i've currently got it on my prospec with a jp.

there a good car,but if you think there up to the level of a rrr or a prospec,your kidding yourself
i think performance wise it is up there with the RRR. I'm not only basing this on jeffrey lin's performance on one weekend but a couple of races now. what really sold me on the fact that this car is good is that Ryan namori in the amatuer class is the first amatuer to lay down an 18 lapper for amatuer and he did not just squeeze in the 18 laps.
Do i think it is better than the RRR no but if it in the same level with lower costs on pricing for parts i'm sold.

another car i'm considering is the mtx4 so i guess i'm getting which ever one gets released first i know the mugen kit price will be up there with the rrr but mugen prices on parts are reasonalbly priced and they do last long based on my experience with the mtx3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.