R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-03-2002, 04:15 PM   #61
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

About 3/4 of your pics are of the .12 proto and the other 1/4 are of the Fusion .21 (mostly at the top of the thread).

was just frustrated when I followed your link, thinking you had anything updated, and all I saw was the stupid Fusion .21. Unfortunately it seems that Schu doesn't have anything new for you to give us so that was mostly my comment.
Old 12-03-2002, 04:17 PM   #62
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman

boomer THE CAR IS A PROTOYPE that means as yet its not in production.
the pics are on this page in links, its not a production car sorry no official pic's. only my spy shots
Old 12-03-2002, 04:54 PM   #63
Tech Fanatic

OK boomer LOOK the first picture links to the fusion .21
the next pictures ARE ALL THE .12 CAR THAT DOES NOT YET HAVE A NAME!!!!
i have allways said its a .12 car. i have seen it my pics all off em are of the PROTOTYPE .12 car
BELIEVE ME!!!!!

Last edited by Cartman; 12-03-2002 at 05:09 PM.
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 05:00 PM   #64
Tech Master

I wonder will they rename it Nitro Mission.

That has a nice ring to it.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 10:48 PM   #65
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Cartman
OK boomer LOOK the first picture links to the fusion .21
the next pictures ARE ALL THE .12 CAR THAT DOES NOT YET HAVE A NAME!!!!
i have allways said its a .12 car. i have seen it my pics all off em are of the PROTOTYPE .12 car
BELIEVE ME!!!!!
Cartman - let's examine the pictures and links you provided. The first link you provide is:

http://www.racing-cars.com/newsdetails.asp?itemId=NP32 to which the header is "Fusion Update" and the first words of the body are "The new Schumacher Nito Fusion is the fastest most exciting R/C Touring car ever created. The enormous .21 (3.5cc) Pro Spec engine, with its CNC tuned pipe system, is capable of propelling the lightweight 4WD chassis to an incredible 80mph." That isn't the prototype .12 car.

Please note the reversed servos - steering is BEHIND the throttle servo - this is noted in the Extreme article specifically and is a specific difference from the very cool spy shots you provided (wish you could get more. . . )

Second picture -

Again, this looks to be the .21 Fusion - how can I tell? I can't, not completely, but again, LOOK AT THE SERVOS. . .the throttle servo is at the FRONT of the car. . .on your spy shots, it's behind the steering servo. . .this leaves the conclusion that this is the Fusion, not the .12 proto.

I'm not trying to pick a fight here. I was just disappointed to see that nothing new was known or seen.

I personally think that this car (the .21) is a bit of a dumb car. TONS of straightline speed but there's no way the suspension is going to be able to handle all that power going into a turn. . .
Old 12-04-2002, 12:17 PM   #66
Tech Fanatic

honest the second link it the .12 engined one remember tis is a development car so they were trying differant things.
sorry no more info as this time of year testing stops due to us having bad weather through our winter, when i know or find any more i will post.
my link to schumacher was so you could contact them and show an interested, about picking a fight, dont worry i know where your coming from, just belive i have seen the car and it go, more info when i find it ok?

Last edited by Cartman; 12-04-2002 at 12:24 PM.
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 12:47 PM   #67
Tech Elite

No probs! Believe me, i'm looking forward to whatever you got coming!
Old 12-06-2002, 03:34 AM   #68
Tech Adept

Default PARTS

HEY, GUYS MOST OF ALL THE PARTS OF THE MISSION WILL FIT THE FUSION 12 & THE 21, A COLLEAGE OF MINE HAS JUST PURCHASED A 21, THE DIFFERENCE ALSO BETWEEN THEM BOTH IS THAT THE 21 IS RAN ON JUST ONE BELT
THE PROTOTYPE IS RAN ON TWO BELTS MOST OF THE STUFF IS SIMILIAR BUT THE PARTS ARE SO CHEAP FOR THEM TOO. IT IS ALL BASED ON THE MISSION.
ITS A COOL THING TO DO I JUST LIKE TO SEE HOW IT DOES NEXT YEAR WHEN IT IS RELEASED ITS NO LONGER A PROTOTYPE. OTHER DRIVERS CAN SHOW THIER STUFF ON THE TRACK THEN WE WILL SEE HOW GOOD A CAR IT IS
carlin is offline   Reply With Quote