R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-06-2002, 06:13 AM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Cartman, thanks for the photo.
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 06:50 AM   #17
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger

I second that. It's great to get info on the new cars. Schumacher makes good stuff so I'm sure before it gets to production they'll have it ready.
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 10:07 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
When will these manufacturers learn. Electric cars do not work with an engine in them. Even Associated figured that one out.

Unless they are willing to spend some money on R&D and go read the rule book I think electric buggy manufacturers should stick to electric cars.

I have been racing for over 15 years and still haven't seen as sorry an excuse for a nitro racer as the Schumacher. Seriously Schumacher, stick to what you know best.
well to be honest WHAT AN ASS!!!

how can it make the A final at the first british national it enters, and come 2nd in the reedy race if its no good?
if you read my postS then you will see its not available and it's still under R&D, even has as yet no confirmed name!
Why do they need to read the rule book? the car is perfectly legal, only 2 speed and .12 engine
maybee you should do what you seem to do best and stick your head bask up your ASSHOLE
oh and no i am not a Schumacher driver i drive for Mugen and therefore am not bias!!
Old 09-06-2002, 01:01 PM   #19
Tech Master

Hey Cartman, have you designed anything yet. I have.

As for sticking my head up my ass. I have seen you race and your a joke. Any Top Class driver could put a heap of junk in the A main and win a reedy main.

That doesn't say that it is going to do the same with the average racer.

As for legal. Yeah it is legal with a 2-speed and a .12 engine but why are they trying to sell a version with a .21 and 3-speed box. Because like all other manufacturers (not only r/c manufactures)they are money grabbers who are destroying the hobby. Take PB for example. One of the best British companies ever and where are they now. Gone. Recession got them as it did many other companies when the hobby died in the 90's because the price had gone through the roof.

Last edited by modellor; 09-06-2002 at 03:02 PM.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 01:22 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic

why should i have to design somthing? but yes i have!
oh dear how do you make a model shop work with an attitude like that?
http://www.snsmobileland.nwmcc.co.uk/
site speaks for its self!!
you seen me race
where and when?
maybee Schumacher should do like Pb, sit back and go bust then, or they could make some thing for the public and survive!
the fusion is a fun car..............you ever had that?

Last edited by Cartman; 09-06-2002 at 04:01 PM.
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 02:16 PM   #21
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

Guys - calm down.

Modellor - it takes more than a hunk of junk - else the hybrid Pro3 that Masami was running would have won at the American Reedy Race.

Nitros built from an electric "concept" but re-designed with all characteristics and needs accounted for have done quite well. Whatever you think of the NTC3, they are doing fairly well all over - I know that mine is excellent aside from the typical growing pains (that Serpent has had - say Veteq. . ., that Yok had with their GT-4 - even worse fuel tanks, I've got one, etc.) and I know many others who do too.

All along it has been said that the new one will be BASED on what has been sold already, but "legalized" - if you're going to be inflammatory, read things first.

Cartman - your link doesn't work. . .would like to see it.
Old 09-06-2002, 03:15 PM   #22
Tech Master

I agree with Boomer.

This discussion has got a little heated.

We should all be adult about the thing and well we all have our own opinion.

Yeah, my website does look bad (hosting page) but I am in the process of revamping it. But it won't be a model shop. I run a discount shop offering different products.

I just sell R/C Cars to help try to keep the hobby alive. You have to admit that without the introduction of the 200mm class nitro would almost definately sink in the UK. I can remember times when you had to prebook for 1:8th scale BRCA rounds or you didn't get to race.

I am not against the electric car companies bringing out new nitro cars. I just don't think that an electric touring car with an engine in it can compete against a bred racer like the Serpent, Mugen or Yokomo. I know Yokomo are predominantly electric but they have excelled and built a full bred racing machine. I know schumacher and Associated both have the resource to do the same but they need to change how they view their designs.

Associated have produced a fast car but they have not found a way to keep it together long enough to win a main final. But they will do and the Associated will be the car to beat.
Old 09-06-2002, 03:26 PM   #23
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
I agree with Boomer.

This discussion has got a little heated.

We should all be adult about the thing and well we all have our own opinion.

Yeah, my website does look bad (hosting page) but I am in the process of revamping it. But it won't be a model shop. I run a discount shop offering different products.

ok to show no hard feeling modellor i retract the personal comments

but where have you seen me race and when?

maybe you should update your profile m8!
"Avid RCer for 15 years. Run a model shop. "

Last edited by Cartman; 09-06-2002 at 03:34 PM.
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 03:49 PM   #24
Tech Master

I will also retract my personal comments.

If I remember correctly I saw you run at Snetterton. Not 100% sure. It was earlier this year.
Old 09-06-2002, 03:55 PM   #25
Tech Fanatic

if it was not the Scale ic nationals at Snet then i aint me!
Old 09-06-2002, 04:13 PM   #26
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Cartman, thanks for the photos, I am anxious to see more, from what I hear the competetion car is a minimum of 3 months out, and if I can base that timeframe from the previous Schumacher releases, that means more like 6. I am glad they are doing some good R&D work. The mission has really been popular in the states, and it would be a nice followup to have a competetive nitro in the stable. As far as some previous comments about the .21 model and 3 speed. Well, play cars outsell pure racing machines by a great amount. Gotta sell something to pay the bills to race... This is after all a business.

Thanks for all the input
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 11:24 AM   #27
Tech Initiate

wonder what this is?

http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/foru...threadid=96075
EngenZerO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 11:35 AM   #28
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

From what it looks like on there - the front belt has to go BELOW the clutch bell assy on the motor. . .I can't see another layshaft plus it says two belt only. . .

I also don't really like how far outside the tank is. . .means balance is going to shift dramatically during a run.

I thought that was part of why a three belt system is typically used - to keep all the weight toward the center. . .
Old 09-09-2002, 02:55 PM   #29
Tech Fanatic

from memory the belt is each side of the crank casing give me 1 to 2 weeks and i will have some more pic's 4 u all
Old 09-17-2002, 10:24 AM   #30
Tech Regular

looks like this could be a good car. Schumacher has made some good stuff in the past, so we'll see. BTW, the guy on the RadioControlzone forum thread that seemed to claim he was part of the r&d for Schumacher has his location as Florida. Isnt Schumacher an English company? Last time i checked Florida isnt in England. How the heck are we suppose to know he's really from Schumacher?
calimassive is offline   Reply With Quote